Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2011, 10:05 AM   #1
Forum Member

Saving pics gotten slower - Why?

A few weeks ago, my K-r started to take a few seconds to save the pictures after every shot, maybe 2-3 seconds. It shows an hour glass on the screen. It used to show the image more or less instantly, but now it takes a while. At first, I thought it was a battery issue, since it started when I used AAs in the adaptor and they had gotten low, but its the same with the stock battery fully charged.

Does anyone have any idea as to what might have happened with the camera? Could it be some kind of setting I have changed that shows itself like this? I have been shooting raw all the time and updated the firmware long ago.

05-16-2011, 10:22 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Sounds like you turned on CA / Distortion correction. Try that first!
05-16-2011, 10:37 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Another helpful tip I've discovered is to keep your cards formatted fresh.

IOW. when you've completed a shoot etc, and you're card is ready for more, do grace it with a fresh format from the camera to keep everything in line. May or may not have anything to do with this, but I've found this to help with alot of strange niggles that can come-up along the way.
05-16-2011, 11:43 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It could be a problem with the SD card itself. Can you try a different card?

05-16-2011, 12:25 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As Andi Lo has mentioned, it must either of this
- Shadow correction
- Highlight correction
- Lens Correction
- CA correction

Turn everything off or try resetting to default setting

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
05-16-2011, 01:57 PM   #6
LIJ
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for your help! Turns out it was the CA/Distorition correction which I had turned on and forgotten about it. Guess I'll keep it off since I imagine I can fix those things in post processing when needed