Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Is there a Pentax magnifying loupe for the 645D?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I think the answer is probably 'no', but I'll ask just in case.
Is there something similar to the Pentax O- ME53 which can be used to up the magnification through the viewfinder please?

Whilst asking a question, is there a stick-on LCD protector made to fit the 645D or is it a case of buying something for an iPhone and cutting it down? Whilst not wanting to appear too precious, I've managed to mark the screen on a previous DSLR and would prefer not to d it on this screen!

Thanks.

04-09-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Newmoon Quote
is there a stick-on LCD protector made to fit the 645D or is it a case of buying something for an iPhone and cutting it down?
I've used the second method for my K-x - bought some large cheap 4.5" LCD plastic protector sheets, measured my screen, marked some points and drew some lines, then I trimmed it down to size with a ruler and a cutter. Just beware - some LCD protectors, like mine, are so cheap, that they actually look bad on the screen, and scratch easily and ugly. I can't exactly tell you which is which, but pay attention when choosing one. Also it's better to cut the protector a little smaller than needed rather than bigger, because dust can get inside from the corners and it will come off very soon.
04-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
That's useful info, thank you.
I have a non reflective protector on my phone, so may try similar for the camera LCD.
04-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I am under the impression that the eye piece threading is the same on the 645D as the 645N's... But somebody else will have to confirm that????

They made one for the film bodies. See the link to ebay for what it looks like. Should be convenient as it folds up out of the way after gaining focus. Finding a decent price one may be hard though...

GENUINE Pentax 645 Eyepiece Magnifier with Case 38435 | eBay

04-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The eyepiece magnifier will work on the 645D. I was thinking of getting one, but I have had no problems manually focusing my camera. The 645 Refconverter right-angle viewfinder attachment works as well--I did buy one of those and it can be a great help when the camera is in an awkward position.
04-09-2012, 01:52 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
That's useful to know, thank you, though it will be of theoretical rather than practical interest at that sort of eBay price!
Thanks for prividing the details, and also for the information on the right angle finder.
04-09-2012, 02:22 PM   #7
Veteran Member

There was a used one last year at B&H for $150USD. I know because I bought it for my 645N. Once my 645D finally gets delivered to me it is good to know I can use it on both!

04-10-2012, 03:26 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have one and it works fine on the 645D; the magnification allows you to see the concentric rings on the focus screen. Nice for macro, but in most cases I find it unnecessary. The old 645 eyecups fit as well, but I like the new one.
04-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Is there something similar to the Pentax O- ME53 which can be used to up the magnification through the viewfinder please?

Whilst asking a question, is there a stick-on LCD protector made to fit the 645D or is it a case of buying something for an iPhone and cutting it down? Whilst not wanting to appear too precious, I've managed to mark the screen on a previous DSLR and would prefer not to d it on this screen!

Thanks.
I believe your first question has been answered, for the latter you can probably use something like this: NEW Glass LCD Screen Protector For Pentax K-7 K-5 K7 K5 | eBay It's a laminated glass screen protector for the K-7, K-5, I don't recall reading anything that would indicate 645D uses a different format LCD viewing screen. You can quickly make certain if the screen will work for you or not if you have access to either K-7 or the K-5.
04-10-2012, 09:57 PM   #10
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks

Thanks to everyone who responded to my questions, I have all the information I was asking for, which is great.
04-14-2012, 07:53 AM   #11
Forum Member

Original Poster
I got one!

Following up on the message I posted a few days ago, I actually found a 645 magnifier that had been listed for sale on a different forum for the past nine months! When I enquired it was still available, and it arrived this morning. Pretty well mint condition with case and instructions. Yes it fits the 645D and works well.
06-29-2012, 05:58 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by atlnq9 Quote
I am under the impression that the eye piece threading is the same on the 645D as the 645N's... But somebody else will have to confirm that????

They made one for the film bodies. See the link to ebay for what it looks like. Should be convenient as it folds up out of the way after gaining focus. Finding a decent price one may be hard though...

GENUINE Pentax 645 Eyepiece Magnifier with Case 38435 | eBay
yes the magnifier from the 645n will work on the 645d,i just attached mine a few days ago.
06-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #13

Thanks.
Look here Pentax - Items - Screen Protectors,iPhone,HTC,Garmin,Samsung,Screen cover,Screen protection Be sure to ask them to include a protector for the upper LCD. They sent me one but after the fact and after I asked.