Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-17-2009, 11:38 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
6x7 MLU mirror and shutter stuck open

Ok, I tried using the search function to see if this has ever cropped up before but it doesn't seem to get along well with me and I found nothing.

Ok, here is my issue. I went ahead and purchased a used 6x7 with Mirror Lock Up. When I got the body and checked it out I found that the shutter was completely open and the mirror was stuck in the locked up position. After some fiddling everything snapped back down and I went about examining it some more. I opened the film back and set it so that the shutter would fire without any film. Everything worked the first time I cocked it, but on the second time the mirror stuck up and the shutter stayed open. I can't figure out how to get everything to reset. Any suggestions on this? Is this body in need of serious repair or is this normal for trying to fire the shutter more than once in a row with no film loaded?

Thanks for any help you all can give.

Morgan

03-17-2009, 02:51 PM   #2

Try installing a new battery, check the contacts to make sure they're clean.
03-17-2009, 03:07 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks, that was it, I had put the new battery in there so I didn't realize that was the issue. When I took the battery out this afternoon and put it back in everything worked fine, cleaned the contacts and haven't had an issue since. Already ran my first roll of film through it too. Looking forward to seeing the results.