Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 35483 Likes Search this Thread
02-03-2011, 02:43 PM   #1141
Inactive Account

More 75/4.5 on P67II...

None of them are cropped and the first and last one are shot wide open. The lens seems VERY sharp.

02-03-2011, 02:51 PM   #1142
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Makten Quote
More 75/4.5 on P67II...
None of them are cropped and the first and last one are shot wide open. The lens seems VERY sharp.

+1 on the first one. I like tire shots.

Cheers,

Luc
02-03-2011, 05:45 PM   #1143
Pentaxian

Santa Catalina Mts. AZ - Pentax 6x7- 200mm Pentax @ f/16- Shot 1996

I dug up this old shot from Southern Arizona. Velvia 50 old version.
02-03-2011, 06:33 PM   #1144
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
Thank you Jason. Yes the scans go to LR for some simple adjustments and then stitched in PTgui.

That might be a strong statement but I simply do not have an eye for color shots and my B&W have always been far superior to my color one so I simply stopped shooting color and I am definitely not a good judge of color shots and get tired of looking at one over time while I always go back to a nice b&W. I do like photographers like Steve Mc Curry but it is mostly an exception.

Cheers,

Luc
Luc,
I hope you detected the tone of jest I was trying to convey? Just playing as I know you prefer B&W. In many ways I do too, just that colour is all I have been able to do lately. There will be more B&W soon I promise.
I am really still developing my eye for B&W, colour was easier for me I guess due to shooting a lot of digital.
But I still love film colour even over digital, depending on the subject and light.

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Beautiful shot Jason. Fantastic colors.

Here's another from the Reala roll.

<snip>
Thanks Colton.
I think I will order some Reala in 120 next time. Looks very nice. I like both of your shots with the Reala you posted.

QuoteOriginally posted by scimmiaz Quote
Uh!, please, send also digital shot to compare.
Thanks

roberto
Thanks roberto, I looked and I don't have the digital shot uploaded as yet. I'll upload it sometime soon and let you know. The colours are much more rich and vivid with the Provia shot. Maybe I will try to pump up the colours on the digital shot to match the film - could be an interesting exercise.

cheers,
Jason

02-03-2011, 06:48 PM   #1145
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dougg Quote
House movers' truck shadowed against an adjacent duplex, and all hooked up ready to tow a building the next morning.

Pentax 6x7, 75/2.8
So this truck will tow an entire house?? I have seen some documentary on this before, but living in Western Oz this is basically unheard of. Crazy.
I like the light you have captured and the interesting effect.

More 75/4.5 on P67II...

I enjoy viewing your Tri-X shots, great tones and good compositions too.
Certainly does look very sharp.

QuoteOriginally posted by desertscape Quote
Great shot Steve! Looks amazing.

Recently I had a quick go at some fireworks shooting with Provia 100F film.
I missed the angle a bit, but I'm happy that exposure seemed to come out OK.
I ignored reciprocacy (sp?) simply because I have no knowledge of it at this stage, nor how this particular film would react. Exposed similar to what I did on digital.

Pentax 67, SMC 105/2.4 @F16, Provia 100F @ 20seconds

Similar digital shot is here, if you are curious.

cheers,
Jason
02-03-2011, 08:03 PM   #1146
Pentaxian

More 75/4.5 on P67II...

Nice BW work.

QuoteOriginally posted by desertscape Quote
And another desert beauty!

QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote

I ignored reciprocacy (sp?) simply because I have no knowledge of it at this stage, nor how this particular film would react. Exposed similar to what I did on digital.

Jason
Great fireworks. I don't think you have to worry about reciprocity in this case. The fireworks are relatively short bursts of light with any single one not needing the duration of the long exposure to recorded it.
02-03-2011, 08:12 PM   #1147
Veteran Member

Pentax 67, SMC 105/2.4 @F16, Provia 100F @ 20seconds

That is color I can live with

Cheers,

Luc

02-03-2011, 09:49 PM - 1 Like   #1148
Veteran Member

Last ones from this shoot

Cheers,

luc
02-03-2011, 10:20 PM   #1149
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

So this truck will tow an entire house??
Oh, yes! Very slowly, but move them they do! I have seen large two-story buildings going down the middle of the street. Usually they are being relocated due to sale of the land they were located on.

Steve
02-03-2011, 10:53 PM   #1150
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Oh, yes! Very slowly, but move them they do! I have seen large two-story buildings going down the middle of the street. Usually they are being relocated due to sale of the land they were located on.

Steve
This is still really an incredible concept from my point of view. What are these buildings typically made of? Wood?
Over here, relocating a building in this manner is unheard of. The closest thing I can think of is some cases where a building is deconstructed, then reconstructed in its new location. But that is extremely rare. Our houses are always made of brick, with strong concrete foundations. If someone sells the land, the house or buiding stays with it. If the new owner does not like the existing house or building, they simply demolish it and start again. It would not be unreasonable for one block of land to have had a few houses built on it over time. As you might also guess, we don't have a lot of older buildings here, apart from ones that are in the built up area of the city. Things are continually rebuilt. Also consider the fact that European settlement in Perth has only been around for less than 200 years.

Anyway, to go back on topic, here is another Provia image:

Pentax 67, SMC 105/2.4, Provia 100F

02-03-2011, 11:51 PM   #1151
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
More 75/4.5 on P67II...
Amazing shots! VERY, VERY sharp!
Film? Develop? Scanner?
02-04-2011, 12:55 AM   #1152
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Originally posted by goddo31
So this truck will tow an entire house??

Steve

--------------

Indeed! The house to be towed in this instance was a wooden structure built in the 1890's for the priest at the Catholic church. More recently split up in four rental apartments, two upstairs, two downstairs. The land was sold to the county for use in jail expansion. The lady who bought the house (cheaply!) had it moved only half a block up and across the street, and thoroughly rebuilt. It was not worth moving, but she wanted an antique home for her antiques shop. The 1-story modern house next to it was moved 15 miles north of town, and the old duplex on its other side was burned as a Fire Department training exercise. See next pic...

Last edited by Dougg; 02-04-2011 at 01:03 AM.
02-04-2011, 12:57 AM   #1153
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fire Department training exercise getting lots of mileage out of this old duplex, the lath and plaster able to withstand repeated fires started and put out. Interesting colors in the different burning areas.

Pentax 6x7, 75/2.8
02-04-2011, 01:13 AM   #1154
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dougg Quote
Fire Department training exercise getting lots of mileage out of this old duplex, the lath and plaster able to withstand repeated fires started and put out. Interesting colors in the different burning areas.

Pentax 6x7, 75/2.8
That is really interesting. I'm surprised they let you get that close.
02-04-2011, 01:41 AM   #1155
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
+1 on the first one. I like tire shots.
I enjoy viewing your Tri-X shots, great tones and good compositions too.
Certainly does look very sharp.
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Nice BW work..
QuoteOriginally posted by scimmiaz Quote
Amazing shots! VERY, VERY sharp!
Film? Develop? Scanner?
Thanks all!

The film is Tri-X @ 400, developed in Fomadon R09 ("Rodinal", sort of) 1:60 for 13 minutes at 20°C. Agitation every two minutes. Scanned with Epson V700 as 48 bit color positive and then processed manually in Photoshop, using only the blue channel.

Last edited by Makten; 02-04-2011 at 01:56 AM.