Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
09-02-2010, 11:38 AM - 1 Like   #106
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Shashinki Quote
I heard that Zeiss and Voigtlander are discontinuing their lenses in K-mount.
If that's the case, I'd seriously contemplate switching brands. I was attracted to Pentax because of all the good primes available for the K-mount - both OEM and third party.

09-02-2010, 12:01 PM   #107
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Source? Voigtlander just released the new version (SL II) of the 90mm Lanthar in PKA. It really doesn't make a lot of sense for them to not offer the mount given the registration distance of the Nikon and Pentax are very close. I guess they want to keep expanding Leitax's business.

There maybe some truth to that. Especially if you factor in the D FA WR.
I spoke with a person employed in a big Scandinavian company who are currently talking about taking over CZ lens distribution over here. If it is true or not, I don't know.
09-02-2010, 01:01 PM   #108
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ewalk Quote
If that's the case, I'd seriously contemplate switching brands. I was attracted to Pentax because of all the good primes available for the K-mount - both OEM and third party.
Wich lenses have you bought up to today? Or is it a support with closed wallet?
09-02-2010, 05:42 PM   #109
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Wich lenses have you bought up to today? Or is it a support with closed wallet?
I ordered the 58mm f/1.4 just two days ago. I also bought the Sigma 30mm in the K-mount. Next on the list is/was the Zeiss 85mm. I have no problem putting my wallet where my mouth is. I have no issues spending money to support the sale and development of third party lenses - Pentax users need to show that the demand is there to justify the investment.

What's your point?

I'm not going to switch brands because of a different sized sensor. But if third party OEMs start dropping K mount support, it's not a good sign. There was talk that Tamron was going to halt development of new K-mount lenses.

Last edited by ewalk; 09-02-2010 at 05:46 PM. Reason: additional info
09-03-2010, 02:07 AM   #110
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by ewalk Quote

What's your point?
That you are a great poster in the topic! I see a lot of complainers that want someting from Pentax camera (like a zillion things on a new camera while they still walk around with a K10D or older) or lenses (like 400-500mm prime in the DA* section while only owning a DA-L 50-200 lens).

My guess to Zeiss is that the K-mount's are on special order because of the low demand. They have al the technics so it's not so hard to make them. In Germany in Aachen there is a shop where they have some of the Zeiss lenses for Pentax in stock.
09-03-2010, 02:25 AM   #111
Zav
Pentaxian

That you are a great poster in the topic! I see a lot of complainers that want someting from Pentax camera (like a zillion things on a new camera while they still walk around with a K10D or older) or lenses (like 400-500mm prime in the DA* section while only owning a DA-L 50-200 lens).

My guess to Zeiss is that the K-mount's are on special order because of the low demand. They have al the technics so it's not so hard to make them. In Germany in Aachen there is a shop where they have some of the Zeiss lenses for Pentax in stock.
Zeiss in K mount are no special order. ZK Lenses are not uncommon and except for this 35 f1,4, every Zeiss lens available for Canon and Nikon is available for Pentax.
09-03-2010, 04:04 AM   #112
Veteran Member

I definitely understand - and I hope my reply didn't come across as too aggressive.

QuoteQuote:
It's funny - I got my first hands-on use of the Voigtlander and Zeiss series for Pentax during the 2008 Photokina when I was living in Köln!!

09-03-2010, 05:20 PM   #113
Inactive Account

Zeiss Zk

All the Zeiss for Pentax lenses are being sold off. Check Ebay there are many sellers but Popflash has been appointed one of the dealers to sell them at about 25% off..nice saving...I've bought 2..the 35/2 and the 21/2.8 crazy nice...and large.
09-03-2010, 06:33 PM   #114
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

The ZK lenses are available from BH and Adorama. I have news for you, most of the people posting in this thread have some substantial lenses & bodies so I can't imagine who you are referring to.

Last edited by Blue; 09-03-2010 at 07:51 PM.
09-03-2010, 07:27 PM   #115
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well I have 4 Zeiss lenses on order. Regular and Polarized sets for the left and right eye. They are about the only ones able to grind my Rx. So I can afford them for my eyes, just not for my camera.

09-07-2010, 05:23 AM   #116
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
Regarding the mentioned "accessories": Perhaps split image screens?
No.

They will give us UV- and Polfilters and a strap.

Welcome to Carl Zeiss Camera Lenses
09-07-2010, 06:04 AM   #117

Original Poster
So it seems not only there won't be any "Zeiss ZK updates", but they are really
being phased out. Sad, kind of shows how much confidence Zeiss have in Pentax...
If anyone wanted the new 35 f1.4 lens for Pentax - no luck.
09-07-2010, 06:24 AM   #118
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by andi Quote
Sad, kind of shows how much confidence Zeiss have in Pentax...
If the information is reliable at all ... then it is just a sign of sales volume, I'm pretty sure. I'll ask them at Photokina.
09-07-2010, 06:51 AM   #119

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
I'll ask them at Photokina.
Please do. It would be great to get some direct info from Zeiss.

Can you also ask about the revised 25mm lens (also for Canon)?
It's been promised for years almost and pretty much a given right now
and suddenly no sign of it. They just released the updated electronic version
for Nikon, but this is still the old design, not as good as other Zeiss lenses.
The revised 25 supposed to match the quality of the amazing 21 (!).
09-08-2010, 02:33 AM   #120
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have been told by Zeiss that they will decide in 2011 if the K version of the 35/1.4 will be produced.
They will "observe the market closely".