Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-25-2007, 02:47 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
All time low price on K10D

Beach camera and Buydig (same company, different names) is a good internet seller so I keep an eye on them for what the current market is. They are selling the K10D for $519.00 after rebate and throwing is a 2GB SD card along with free shipping. That is as low as I've seen from a reputable dealer.

This brings up two questions. The K200D won't be available until March at the earliest so how low will it get by then? Secondly, what the heck are they going to price the K200D at? It's going to have to be below $500.

Regards,

Ken

11-25-2007, 04:59 PM   #2
Veteran Member

It is a good question. The prices on the K10D and K100D Super are so low it seems almost ridiculous. A Ricoh GRD II fixed-lens point & shoot camera sells for $700, and that's without the optical external viewfinder, 21mm & 40mm conversion lenses, etc. Sure, it's a unique tool with a very different feature set than the K10D, but it certainly shouldn't cost more IMHO. Or, the K10D shouldn't cost less is probably more like it.

It does make one wonder what Pentax has in store, and whether they actually will wait that long to make an announcement. Perhaps the announcement will come sooner, and there won't be a long delay before they ship the new products.

What makes you so sure March is the earliest they'd be available?
11-25-2007, 05:13 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by switters Quote
What makes you so sure March is the earliest they'd be available?
The announcement is going to be made January 24th. It's going to take at least a month to fill the supply chain. The people "In the know" have been saying delivery will be in the spring. I can't remember any camera manufacturer meeting an announced date let alone beating one. So that makes a March availability very optimistic.

Regards,
Ken
11-25-2007, 07:03 PM   #4
Inactive Account

I'm definitely buying the K10D now!

11-25-2007, 07:50 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tux08902 Quote
I'm definitely buying the K10D now!
I'd say that's a wise decision. Pick up a couple of old M or K lenses from keh or ebay and you are good to go for less than $625. There is no doubt you will enjoy it. Now show us some of your first pics.

Regards,

Ken
11-25-2007, 08:39 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Will do. I probably will order tomorrow.
11-25-2007, 10:47 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
The announcement is going to be made January 24th. It's going to take at least a month to fill the supply chain. The people "In the know" have been saying delivery will be in the spring. I can't remember any camera manufacturer meeting an announced date let alone beating one. So that makes a March availability very optimistic.

Regards,
Ken
A great way to spoil a christmas selling season is to announce a product before Christmas
which isn't available before christmas.

A rumor or two of a new model next year will inspire the sellers to flog the merchandise really hard now to clean off the shelves. No one wants a huge pile of unsold old stock around when new stock arrives.

11-26-2007, 01:17 PM   #8
Inactive Account

I can't seem to find that price at B&H, right now it would be $599 after the rebate, am I missing something?

SLC
11-26-2007, 02:09 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SLC Flyfishing Quote
I can't seem to find that price at B&H, right now it would be $599 after the rebate, am I missing something?

SLC
It's not at B & H, it's at Buydig and beach. Try here.
http://www2.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=PKK10D
11-26-2007, 02:53 PM   #10
Inactive Account

Thanks, I guess I misread the first post of yours. I'm passing the info along to my Macintosh buddies, they know a good product when they see one, and aren't the type that have to have what everyone else has. They want the best!

SLC