Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 100 Likes Search this Thread
11-28-2023, 06:11 AM   #1336
Pentaxian

My K-1 III Wishlist

Dear Pentax,

here's my wishlist for the K-1 III:
  • BSI sensor
  • no on-sensor PDAF (avoiding loss of or compromised sensor sensels for imaging because they need to focus)
  • no mandatory denoising (accelerator unit), make it a user choice
  • automated micro AF adjustments (user just to provide AF target)
  • improved AF (including option to automatically confirm focus via CDAF after PDAF acquisition, perhaps after stopping down to avoid focus shift)
  • automated AF compensation for the "focus and recompose" technique (cf. Hasselblad)
  • PixelShift with Flash (trigger flash during PixelShift)
  • faster WiFi transfer
  • faster USB port (USB3)
  • keep D-LI90 battery
  • use identical button layout on camera and battery grip
Please make an announcement soon, even if it is for a 2025 release.

3 Days Ago   #1337
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dear Pentax, do what Fujifilm does - provide us with well built small, fast, silent 23/33/50mm DA primes with 9 rounded blades. Do it fast or I'm off to Fujifilm. Thanks in advance.
1 Day Ago - 2 Likes   #1338
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Simon K Quote
Dear Pentax, do what Fujifilm does - provide us with well built small, fast, silent 23/33/50mm DA primes with 9 rounded blades. Do it fast or I'm off to Fujifilm. Thanks in advance.

off you go, then - if we've learned nothing, we've learned that nothing Ricoh/Pentax does is fast....
1 Day Ago - 1 Like   #1339
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
off you go, then - if we've learned nothing, we've learned that nothing Ricoh/Pentax does is fast....
I know. They just need a little push

1 Day Ago   #1340
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I know. They just need a little push
Pentax are a small manufacturer, and the only one still producing DSLR. If you want something else you are wasting your time waiting for them.
1 Day Ago   #1341
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
Pentax are a small manufacturer, and the only one still producing DSLR. If you want something else you are wasting your time waiting for them.
True. On the other hand a set of modern lenses that match the fullframe equivalent of say 35, 50 and 75mm or maybe 24mm too would be a good argument to buy into Pentax crop cameras. Part of the Fuji hype is their range of primes.
1 Day Ago   #1342
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
True. On the other hand a set of modern lenses that match the fullframe equivalent of say 35, 50 and 75mm or maybe 24mm too would be a good argument to buy into Pentax crop cameras. Part of the Fuji hype is their range of primes.
Pentax have released some great primes in recent years including 21mm 50mm 85mm.

1 Day Ago   #1343
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
Pentax have released some great primes in recent years including 21mm 50mm 85mm.
Yes FA lenses, I don't complain about that. I just wish we had fast silent DA equivalents too. Smaller and lighter. Personally I'd be content with a 24 and a 33/35 each f1.8 or f2 and silent motor. Just what I'd wish for my K-50 now that I am spoiled by my 55-300 PLM in terms of fast and silent af and accuracy .

Last edited by Simon K; 1 Day Ago at 04:42 PM.
5 Hours Ago   #1344
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I really think the only chance Pentax has is to "hit em where they ain't"
Basically they will get beat in mirrorless and a whole bunch of other areas no matter what they do, so they need to figure out what they do well that nobody else does and stick to it. They have neither the manufacturing capacity nor the volume discount to go head to head with anyone or have a broad lineup.

But yeah, its time for a K-1 III and it needs to be a serious upgrade to stay in the game.