Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2009, 05:12 PM   #196
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kaimarx Quote
LOL, posting it would've been the digital equivalent of spotting Bigfoot or Lochness. Just enough detail to recognize a form but not enough to have any solid conclusions lol. Then we'd have the pixel peepers the conspiracy theorists and the janitors swinging mops and kicking buckets over (like they do at the other place) lol would've been hilarious.
That is exactly what I was thinking. I find it interesting that after 2 years and 2 months, there have been virtually no UFO-Pentax sitings. I guessing it was the MF prototype assuming its not another Georgia-Bigfoot-in-the-freezer kind of hoax.

Last edited by Blue; 02-13-2009 at 11:05 PM. Reason: typo
02-13-2009, 06:55 PM   #197
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
Interesting, but I do not have the patience to read the DPReview forum, if that site ever stepped into the 20th century and upgraded the forum software, I would probably troll that site.
Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
02-13-2009, 06:55 PM   #198

QuoteOriginally posted by tigrebleu Quote
22MP DFX body: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Maybe Pentax has something reallly innovative for us at PMA. Maybe latwer, though.

Draw it up on paper. Include the image circle, and you will find that this idea probably will produce vignetting with some of the DA lenses.
02-13-2009, 07:02 PM   #199
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
PLease close this thread.

02-13-2009, 07:26 PM   #200
Veteran Member

Why do you want to lock this?
02-13-2009, 07:42 PM   #201

This thread stay here to remind people you shouldn't believe in any rumor started from a message board.
02-13-2009, 08:28 PM   #202
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by whatever7 Quote
This thread stay here to remind people you shouldn't believe in any rumor started from a message board.
I saw Big Foot earlier tonight, but I didn't have a Pentax FF camera to get its photograph. It was gone by the time I got the film in the 6x7. The image wouldn't fit my aps-c sensor. It was 7' tall and hairy.

02-13-2009, 08:30 PM   #203
Veteran Member

I'm not THAT hairy!
02-13-2009, 10:37 PM   #204

Please accept my apologies.

I thought the thread was dating from 2008, not 2007. Must have been carried out by the "emotion". My bad.

But more seriously, this rumor seems much closer to science-fiction than to reality. But still, such a camera would be very interesting, if only from the innovation point of view.
02-13-2009, 11:03 PM   #205
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by heliphoto Quote
Why revive a thread that's over a year old???
They are talking about the DPR thread which is 2 days old.
QuoteQuote:
23:10:02, 12 February 2009 (GMT)
22MP DFX body: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
02-13-2009, 11:05 PM   #206
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
Interesting, but I do not have the patience to read the DPReview forum, if that site ever stepped into the 20th century and upgraded the forum software, I would probably troll that site.
DPR is a pain to follow. Its almost as bad as news groups circa 1994-95.
02-14-2009, 10:01 AM   #207
Veteran Member

Adam,
can we please have a forum feature which auto-closes threads after, say, one year of inactivity?
Thank You!

On topic of the DPR thread...

This is about the (purely speculative) idea of a square (or octogon) sensor. We have, within this forum, discussed this idea to death. We sort of achieved a common sense that this makes sense as a step AFTER full frame, not before. Because before, it would be a waste of CMOS surface.

In any case, we don't need to discuss it again. We don't need to bump an old thread. We don't need to comment a silly DPR idea.

Of course, I did all three...
02-14-2009, 11:16 AM   #208

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
This is about the (purely speculative) idea of a square (or octogon) sensor. We have, within this forum, discussed this idea to death...
Let's not forget that we also discussed a 16:9 wide sensor, plus a round sensor, plus any other idea that each of us had, as a possible and quite probable feature of the -then forthcoming- K20D. All this rumour raised everybody's expectations so much that most of us were quite dissapointed to finally find out that the real K20D was actually a K10D body with a smarter brain (and a sharper eye).
Thankfully, that didn't stop me from buying the camera, but I believe it must have done so for some others...
02-14-2009, 12:21 PM   #209
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Adam,
can we please have a forum feature which auto-closes threads after, say, one year of inactivity?
Thank You!

On topic of the DPR thread...

This is about the (purely speculative) idea of a square (or octogon) sensor. We have, within this forum, discussed this idea to death. We sort of achieved a common sense that this makes sense as a step AFTER full frame, not before. Because before, it would be a waste of CMOS surface.

In any case, we don't need to discuss it again. We don't need to bump an old thread. We don't need to comment a silly DPR idea.

Of course, I did all three...
This thread could be deleted without any detriment to the knowledge base.
02-14-2009, 12:52 PM   #210
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
DPR is a pain to follow. Its almost as bad as news groups circa 1994-95.
They can update the software, but they can't upgrade the morons that post there. I don't care what their backend is running, I'll stay away, thank you.
Closed Thread