Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2011, 04:25 PM   #211
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Having said this, I don't object against Pentax using a new mount for mirrorless. Sometimes, it is just time for the next generation of things... I like the Sony approach with a large enough E mount for FF and phase AF adapter.
agreed

am I the only one excited about a pentax FF mirrorless with some new, Pentax pancake primes? If anyone could do the pancakes right, its Pentax

12-18-2011, 04:53 PM   #212
Veteran Member

This is said on a regular base and I'll take your post to comment.

A mount with a large registration distance like K used for mirrorless can use the empty space for protruding rear lenses or a retractable lens mechanism. It doesn't require retrofocus wide lenses because they tend to have small enough rear elements.

Having said this, I don't object against Pentax using a new mount for mirrorless. Sometimes, it is just time for the next generation of things... I like the Sony approach with a large enough E mount for FF and phase AF adapter.
I with you on this one. A FF mirrorless Pentax (if the build quality is good) would be great. I don't particularly care about preserving the Kmount for this hypothetical camera as long as they made good lenses for it.
12-18-2011, 06:05 PM   #213

QuoteOriginally posted by dankoBanana Quote
agreed

am I the only one excited about a pentax FF mirrorless with some new, Pentax pancake primes? If anyone could do the pancakes right, its Pentax
You aren't,
I've sold my DSLR, invested 3,000$ in m43 in 2009, since then sold everything to buy RF body, thought of going into NEX(but ditched the idea because of gigantic lens), now thinking about the samsung NX line - all this mess and the only "freakin" thing i want is just to have a nice COMPACT camera - thats all

for that i need aps-c or FF sensor and 24,40,90mm pancakes and i can send my credit card for retirement!
i hoped that it would come from pentax, but with samsung upcoming 55mm pancake, things are looking in favor of sammy.

P.S. i believe Pentax+pancakes would be a HUGE hit, its one of the things that people don't realize they want until they see it
12-18-2011, 06:47 PM   #214
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Doesn't that depend on the work you are doing as a pro?
Absolutely!!! I made the assumption of what I consider a typical pro who does a lot of portrait type shoots, weddings, and other events (I should have stated this assumption). For these people the flexibility of current DSLR systems cannot be beat (at least not currently). Other types of photography could benefit from different equipment.

My point was refuting an argument that DSLRs they are inherently better because they tend to be used by professionals. The point I was trying to make is that just because many professionals use DSLRs does not mean the system is best for everybody. I agree that I made the mistake of stereotyping professionals, but the intended message was that different uses can call for different equipment.

12-18-2011, 10:59 PM   #215

maybe only way to make FF in K-5 size body is to make it mirrorless, keep K-mount, make cool EVF maybe from new generation of Epson's small screens for VFs, make some magic about focusing and deliver something unique and still very competitive for semipro users with addition of serious video capabilities, so ppl who use K-5 for outdoor hard conditions can have now serious photo video machine in small package.

Don't shoot me I just thinking loud.
12-18-2011, 11:33 PM   #216
Pentaxian

Here is the document. See pp. 9-10.

https://www.impressjapan.jp/pr/monitor/1112_dcm/271201_free.pdf

Looking for Pentaxians whose Japanese is better than mine .

Last edited by Mistral75; 12-18-2011 at 11:46 PM.
12-18-2011, 11:33 PM   #217
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
A digital view, LCD backpanel or EVF, can NEVER have the same resolution as the real image. It's impossible. And that's what disappoints most people when they look at such a tiny computer screen.
It can, however, have a resolution higher than what your eye can resolve, which is all that matters. And by virtue of being electronic, it can be enhanced such that it provides more information than an optical finder. It can be bigger and brighter. It can't be faster — but it can be fast enough.

I'm not saying we're at that point now — I don't think we are. But this is a pretty easy prediction: we will be.

12-18-2011, 11:34 PM   #218
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Double post

Last edited by Fogel70; 12-18-2011 at 11:41 PM.
12-18-2011, 11:36 PM   #219
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums

A mount with a large registration distance like K used for mirrorless can use the empty space for protruding rear lenses or a retractable lens mechanism. It doesn't require retrofocus wide lenses because they tend to have small enough rear elements.
Retrofocus WA lenses have small rear elements, but if using a symetrical design on the lens the rear element is usually larger. It is probably difficult to fit a rear element of a symetrical lens like Voigtländer 35/1.4 Nokton inside a K-mount, and even more difficult if to use AF.
12-18-2011, 11:41 PM   #220
Veteran Member

looks like a good document.. if google translate only worked for .pdf's I'd be set!
12-18-2011, 11:45 PM   #221
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kswier Quote
Absolutely!!! I made the assumption of what I consider a typical pro who does a lot of portrait type shoots, weddings, and other events (I should have stated this assumption). For these people the flexibility of current DSLR systems cannot be beat (at least not currently). Other types of photography could benefit from different equipment.

My point was refuting an argument that DSLRs they are inherently better because they tend to be used by professionals. The point I was trying to make is that just because many professionals use DSLRs does not mean the system is best for everybody. I agree that I made the mistake of stereotyping professionals, but the intended message was that different uses can call for different equipment.
I agree! I think an outdoor adventure photog would probably LOVE a very full featured, rugged/durable superzoom that's weather sealed. Something like the Canon SX40 or Panasonic FZ150 but with Pentax's WR and at least a decent Mag/composite body.
12-18-2011, 11:55 PM   #222
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Chex Quote
I agree! I think an outdoor adventure photog would probably LOVE a very full featured, rugged/durable superzoom that's weather sealed. Something like the Canon SX40 or Panasonic FZ150 but with Pentax's WR and at least a decent Mag/composite body.
Nope, wrong. I go on adventurous trips in which I sometimes don't see a powerpllug for two weeks in a row. My K5 with a spare battery gets me through those two weeks easily. A power gulching EVIL wouldn't. I could't get 200 shot out of my NEX5. WR is also very nice to have... Which most current EVILS also lack.
12-19-2011, 12:29 AM   #223
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Here is the document. See pp. 9-10.

https://www.impressjapan.jp/pr/monitor/1112_dcm/271201_free.pdf

Looking for Pentaxians whose Japanese is better than mine .

Very interesting. A new FF lens line up . . . I see.
12-19-2011, 12:31 AM   #224
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
Very interesting. A new FF lens line up . . . I see.
?

Please elaborate?
12-19-2011, 12:41 AM   #225
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
?

Please elaborate?
He says a new line up of lenses are needed for mirrorless FF.