Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #106

X-Pro is beautiful, Pentax need to churn out something that looks as great as it does! I would buy it just for looks alone!

01-10-2012, 10:56 AM   #107

waiting.... pentax ricoh does teach patience to loyalists. half full/ half empty look at it.
01-10-2012, 11:00 AM   #108
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
i guess today being the first public day maybe someone will have actually gone and we'll hear what's at the booth tonight (someone here must be attending I hope)
I did some searches but nothing anywhere mentioning the booth (but press day is madness day for releases so Pricoh might be smart to wait until there is someone to pay attention to them )
01-10-2012, 11:37 AM   #109
mel
Veteran Member

BrendanPK is there providing live coverage for our news site and just reported spotting something at the Pentax booth that was quickly hidden behind a back. It looked rugged and mirrorless maybe and might have been sporting what looked to be a kmout pancake or limited lens. There was no viewfinder.

Just a little something to fan the rumor flames. I just got off the phone with him. NOTHING however, is substantiated. Could be a different brand? Maybe a Ricoh? Nothing is known, he just got a quick glimpse of it is all.

01-10-2012, 11:40 AM   #110
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
BrendanPK is there providing live coverage for our news site and just reported spotting something at the Pentax booth that was quickly hidden behind a back. It looked rugged and mirrorless maybe and might have been sporting what looked to be a kmout pancake or limited lens. There was no viewfinder.

Just a little something to fan the rumor flames. I just got off the phone with him. NOTHING however, is substantiated. Could be a different brand? Maybe a Ricoh? Nothing is known, he just got a quick glimpse of it is all.
cool, might be the k mountor since the booth is now both brands
01-10-2012, 11:50 AM - 1 Like   #111
Veteran Member

I am going to guess a pentax rep brought his personal canon to the booth to take pictures to send home; and quickly realizes his mistake!

Awww...whatever it is, if it has no viewvinder then I am waiting again

01-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #112
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Rugged is nice. I like rugged. Mirrorless, meh. As long as it take my lenses without issues.

Did I mention rugged is nice?

01-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #113
Inactive Account

hope it has "the green button"... im all about "the green button"... :P
01-10-2012, 12:05 PM   #114

QuoteOriginally posted by userage Quote
X-Pro is beautiful, Pentax need to churn out something that looks as great as it does! I would buy it just for looks alone!
It would really be something if they were able to undercut Fuji's price by a significant amount with a mirrorless K-mount camera with almost the same degree of specification.
01-10-2012, 12:05 PM   #115
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by the swede Quote
hope it has "the green button"... im all about "the green button"... :P
i'm hoping it no longer needs the button and is no longer a cripple
01-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #116
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
i'm hoping it no longer needs the button and is no longer a cripple
Haa, but that button has a lot more uses than just stopped-down metering with old lenses... I hope they keep it.
01-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #117
Veteran Member

Could it have been Ned with his D-Lux 4

Dave

QuoteOriginally posted by D4rknezz Quote
I am going to guess a pentax rep brought his personal canon to the booth to take pictures to send home; and quickly realizes his mistake!

Awww...whatever it is, if it has no viewvinder then I am waiting again
01-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #118
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Danny Delcambre Quote
Fuji X Pro 1 don't have two e-dials. I prefer with e-dial. \

wait to see what's next NEW Pentax camera dslr.......

True, but it does have f-stop ring on the lens, a shutter speed dial on top and a e-dail on the front.

Still I wish Pentax would come out with a high-end mirrorless, rugged, weather-sealed camera with many manual controls for my K-mount lenses.

Dave
01-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #119
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveBlack Quote
Could it have been Ned with his D-Lux 4

Dave
hahaha, maybe he's picked up an m9
01-10-2012, 12:49 PM   #120
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Mel, before you became a Mod you were a really nice member. Now you are a tease and you forget the /sarc tag all the time.