Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 34 Likes Search this Thread
04-19-2012, 08:24 AM - 5 Likes   #1
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Photo Forum Russia - Pentax stand - and info about new DSLR

Consumer Electronics & Photo Expo -
CONSUMER ELECTRONICS & PHOTO EXPO – 2012

??????????? ? ?????????? ? ???????-???? ? ????????? - ?????? ?????-?????

God, give us FF!!!

The main news - Pentax-Ricoh will offer FOUR DSLR till March, 2013.
1. Low-end
2. Between K-r and K-5
3. K-5's replacement
and....
4. Please, don't sell old K-mount FF lenses....

New lenses from roadmap could be FF.

Pentax-Ricoh has plan to increase annual receipts in 3 times during this year
Google ??????????

Last edited by ogl; 04-20-2012 at 09:55 AM.
04-19-2012, 08:34 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
So we're potentially looking at FF announced at Photokina and released new year/spring 2013 - as I would presume a FF would be the last of the four to come out.

IMO none of this is that suprising. Obviously none of this is confirmed at all!

I still hold with the view that if Pentax know that they will be releasing a FF at the end of the year they should announce now. If it's not till Q2 2013 then its more tricky but in some ways I could still see a justification for announcing over the summer.
04-19-2012, 08:39 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Caat Quote
So we're potentially looking at FF announced at Photokina and released new year/spring 2013 - as I would presume a FF would be the last of the four to come out.

IMO none of this is that suprising. Obviously none of this is confirmed at all!
With the recent price changes, I think Pentax would be wise to inject some shine into the rumor mill.
That being said, I do look forward to hearing what the K-5 replacement will be made of.
And most of all, if the new Ricoh merger will become apparent in this.
04-19-2012, 08:43 AM   #4
ogl
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
With the recent price changes, I think Pentax would be wise to inject some shine into the rumor mill.
That being said, I do look forward to hearing what the K-5 replacement will be made of.
No price changes in Russia

04-19-2012, 08:53 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
I am keen to see what the K-5 replacement will be as well - I suspect a solid but not spectacular upgrade mainly focussed on the 24mp sensor.

Re: FF I think rumour leaks aren't sufficient. Pentax-Ricoh would need to take the risk of publicly committing to FF rather than simply leaking stuff. FF is too expensive for people to make buying decisions based on rumours.
04-19-2012, 09:08 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
No price changes in Russia
Same here in Canada.
Though that doesn't mean the US market isn't hurting.
I wouldn't underestimate the value of the American market. And based on what I've been seeing, I'd say moral is quite low in this dept. atm.
04-19-2012, 09:17 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Low end.. don't need, got my k-x
Between k-r and k-5... don't need...
k-5 replacement... YES
FF???... hello~

That k-5 replacement and the FF is gonna have to duke it out in my heart~

04-19-2012, 09:19 AM   #8
ogl
Banned

Original Poster
I think we will see at least 1 new camera before this June. But I hope- two.
04-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #9
Veteran Member

given the hints about Target carrying a WR line, I'll bet #2 is WR and target will carry 1 and 2
04-19-2012, 09:34 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
given the hints about Target carrying a WR line, I'll bet #2 is WR and target will carry 1 and 2
Could be, but how does Target add value to your buying a camera? The HS kids there might know a lot about their cellular phones but about a $1k+ dSLR or its lenses? No, that's not adding any value for me.
04-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
The main news - Pentax-Ricoh will offer FOUR DSLR till March, 2013.
1. Low-end
2. Between K-r and K-5
3. K-5's replacement and....
4. Please, don't sell old K-mount FF lenses....
#2: Whoa, could it be a possible revival/revamp of the K200D line, a weathersealed high-entry-level?
04-19-2012, 09:40 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
#2: Whoa, could it be a possible revival/revamp of the K200D line, a weathersealed high-entry-level?
that's what i'm thinking. Killing that was one of Hoya's dumbest moves
04-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #13

more from pentax stand

Last edited by Patajac; 03-22-2013 at 05:24 AM.
04-19-2012, 09:55 AM   #14

Photos: Gallery
About the target comment, it adds value in the sense that you can drive down the street or across town and be able to see and handle the camera in person, that we've (or I, at least) previously had to judge solely on pictures and written accounts online. Whether the high school kids know about the camera or not is irrelevant, I personally wouldn't base my buying decisions on store employees opinions anyway, since its my money and only I know what I want/need/will actually use in a camera. Getting Pentax into places like Target would be an important step to increasing brand awareness IMO, especially considering that I either get laughed at or get the 'what is Pentax, don't they make tampons?' look when everyone sees my camera(s).

About the rumors, it'd be nice if they were true, and hopefully they will still hold better value and performance for the price than the CaNikon offerings. Price depending I will be most interested in seeing what comes of 3 and 4 since my K-7/K-x are fulfilling my needs pretty well right now. I am almost hoping if FF does come out, it will be prohibitively expensive so I don't feel bad about finally starting my DA Ltd collection, haha

Please excuse any typos, this was done on my phone..
04-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Could be, but how does Target add value to your buying a camera? The HS kids there might know a lot about their cellular phones but about a $1k+ dSLR or its lenses? No, that's not adding any value for me.
Doc at this point I doubt anything is going to add value for you. Will a 5 year lens warranty do it???? how about bi yearly rebates where the 60-250 for instance sells for 1399 after rebate?????

Or is the only thing that will make you happy is a return to the status quo which so obviously wasn't working?

there are enough hints that a number of changes are coming, not everything Pentax does will make everyone happy. In the end the only thing that really matters is does it grow the business. For that we'll be looking at a 1-2 year wait before being able to judge the actions.

Certainly I sympathize with the anger you feel, but since it is obvious that they will not change the plan for at least a few months endlessly ranting about it at this point does nothing but raise stress levels and make you even more unhappy. I know from before this you have a pretty decent Kit and have mostly been pretty level headed. You need to take a breather and go shoot some pictures and get back to why you own a good camera (that's really what we all need to do actually....lenses we don't buy right now will still be there in a few months)

Meanwhile if you need a lens you have the same option many of us did in the past....cross border shop. Prodigital2k has some at lower than US prices for now (heck they have lower than most retailers in Canada - but I have the option to walk into a store and request a price match)
that may not last forever though