Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 62 Likes Search this Thread
12-19-2012, 09:32 PM - 2 Likes   #31

I translated a bit of it. Hopefully someone can pick up from here and go at it.

Pentax Ricoh
Will full size sensor become a reality?
What new Ricoh branded products are being expected?
The Keywords for 2013
- A demonstration unit for the long awaited full size sensor camera
They say they are developing it. If it debuts, the possibility for full size sensor SLR is high.
- In camera moire removal
With K5 IIs low pass filter less design, high quality picture is a reality. They are developing the technology to remove moire in camera.
- Ricoh branded new products.
There will be a new Rocoh branded prodcut making a debut. It may be a product different than the GR Digital and GXR. It looks like a camera that will fulfill the desires of the core fans.
Will they make a new full sized mount or will they keep the K mount which retains compatibility?
Q. When are you expecting the full size sensor camera?
A. As for the full size topic, when....
Q. From last year's interview (smile), we mentioned the full sized camera and 645D mirroless.
A. We are focusing on that. (smile)
Q. Has full sized camera development started?
A. We have started the basic development. I cannot say whether it can be brought to the market. What additional can be bring to enter to this full size market? It has to be different than Canon, Nikon and Sony.This is the direction where we have to develop the product. The development time will also include the time it needs to improve lenses.

12-19-2012, 09:36 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Yet other comments:

期待P家的FF
另外FF的NEX也挺迷人的~
Google trans.:
Look forward to the P home of FF
Other FF's the NEX are also very fascinating to

好險FF對我沒有太大的吸引力!!
不過第2點讓我覺得怪怪的...K5IIS不是已經上市了嗎??
在2013年還要???
Google trans.:
The good insurance FF not much appeal to me!!
But 2:00 so I think the the strange ... K5IIS market??
Even in 2013???

就算真的出FF我想也要等到第2代或第3代才會比較有實用性!!
第一代只能說是試水溫的白老鼠!!
Google trans.:
Even really a FF I want to have to wait until the second generation or third-generation will be more practical!
The first generation can only say that guinea pigs to test the water temperature!

只要PENTAX出全副,就會支持。
Google trans.:
PENTAX out fully, it will support.

加油 !! 繼續支持!! PENTAX FF機 期待中....
Google trans.:
繼續 support! Pressurized oil! PENTAX FF in the hope machine
12-19-2012, 09:45 PM   #33
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The first couple of sentences in the top paragraph in the middle column state that development of a full size camera IS underway, but the decision to produce it and release it onto the market hasn’t been made yet, and depends on market conditions.
12-19-2012, 09:54 PM - 3 Likes   #34

Here's my interpretation. Don't take it word for word.

-- First and foremost, when is the FF planned for release?
Kitazawa - First and fore most, of course ...

-- Just as a continuation of last year's interview regarding FF and Mirrorless 645 :-)
Kitazawa - Those are the focus again :-)

-- Has the development of FF started?
Kitazawa - Basically, yes. Whether we'll bring it to market or not depends on the market itself. The important thing is to figure out what Pentax can do in the FF market. We want to make a clear distinction between what Pentax offers from what Nikon, Canon, and Sony are offering. Figuring out what our customer base is hoping for from us. These are the things we want to firm-up and build into our products. The development will take a while for sure. We are progressing in the area where we have to incorporate interchangeable lenses, however.

-- Continuing with the FF topic, last time there was a hint that you prefer mirror-less FF to avoid mirror-slap. Is there any development in that front?
Kitazawa - That's a very difficult question. We currently offer both SLR and mirror-less in the APS-C segment. From what we can gather from our users, the mirror-less systems are used in a casual shooting capacity. The SLR systems are being used by enthusiasts. We think that the majority of our current customer base falls in that category. The mirror-less format, due to the lack of the mirror box, allows for further minitualization and radical designs. We can produce systems that are even more affordable. We did consider mirror-less FF till last year, but if you asked me, I'd lean towards SLR FF. Products have to closely match what the customers want. It's important to develop a new niche with radical design, but it's no good if it is not received well by the customers. As far as mirror-less design is concerned, it is more suitable for medium format applications where mirror slap is a bigger concern.

-- Mirror-less and SLR, they both have their advantages and disadvantages. One of the aspects is the variety of available interchangeable lenses. SLR system is easier to use for telephoto lenses and offers a wide variety of older lenses, for example.
Kitazawa - Absolutely. If we were to introduce another mirror-less, we will have to consider a new mount vs the K mount. If we are to design a new mirror-less system, we would probably go for a new mount. To really get any benefit from it, we would increase the mount diameter over the K mount to increase the amount of light passing to the sensor as well as shortening the flange distance to aim for a smaller body design.

-- Aside from SLR vs mirror-less, as far as the FF design is concerned, isn't it a tough call to go with a new mount vs continuing with the K mount?
Kitazawa - That's one of the biggest concerns. Pentax has not changed the mount in so long, we gained the reputation of "no nonsense interchangeability". We think that this is one of the main aspect that keeps bringing our customers back ….

12-19-2012, 10:05 PM   #35
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by causey Quote
Yet other comments
You switched languages on me... that's Mandarin! LOL
I'm studying that too, but I'm not good enough to translate that without help. :-D

-edit- I wonder if there's room in a forum somewhere for us Pentaxian Polyglots to associate and practice languages (my other passion)?
12-20-2012, 02:36 AM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxki Quote
... We are progressing in the area where we have to incorporate interchangeable lenses, however.
meaning FF lenses being developed ?
maybe 31,43 and 77 with quickshift and wr
12-20-2012, 02:59 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Is this all just guessing by the publication? I recall a similar one from last winter. Pentax was apparently planning a mirrorless 645D and a FF camera. Ring a bell?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/174634-new-cameras-coming-2012-a.html

12-20-2012, 03:10 AM   #38
Forum Member

what I hope with Pentax FF SLR:
*improved viewfinder with 100% view coverage and 100% magnification (unlike canikon's 70% magnification). just make it bigger and brighter.
*faster flash sync. let say 1/600?
*better no-AA filter sensor with moire removal engine.
*built-in tethering system .

those 4 points above surely will make a BIG difference.
12-20-2012, 03:21 AM   #39
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
Is this all just guessing by the publication? I recall a similar one from last winter. Pentax was apparently planning a mirrorless 645D and a FF camera. Ring a bell?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/174634-new-cameras-coming-2012-a.html
It's a new interview. As you can see from the translation by pentaxki, they also refer to last year's interview.
12-20-2012, 03:26 AM   #40
Veteran Member

I know it's a new publication. But they appear to be making guesses - and partly the same guesses as a year ago.
12-20-2012, 04:06 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wow, exciting! I'm glad they understand that it's the K-mount itself that's providing them with returning customers.
12-20-2012, 04:28 AM   #42

My first thought about pentax mirorless was removing mirror from 645d, to get smaller MF camera with electronic fast shutter and evf and big screen on back, working with old lenses over adapter, with manual focus and that would not be big issue with focus peaking and medium format generally.
12-20-2012, 05:01 AM   #43

crassus & pentaxki (and the others), Thank you for the translations ;-)
12-20-2012, 05:06 AM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
You switched languages on me... that's Mandarin! LOL
I'm studying that too, but I'm not good enough to translate that without help. :-D

I had no idea. I just put the lines into Google Translate
12-20-2012, 05:15 AM   #45
Veteran Member

To be honest, I find the info disappointing. The development could take 2 more years, especially since they're making the release of the FF dependent on market conditions. (What kind of market conditions are they looking for?)