Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-20-2012, 05:22 AM   #46
odaiwai

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
You switched languages on me... that's Mandarin! LOL
I'm studying that too, but I'm not good enough to translate that without help. :-D

-edit- I wonder if there's room in a forum somewhere for us Pentaxian Polyglots to associate and practice languages (my other passion)?
Kanji, surely, not Mandarin. I don't think anyone in Ricoh/Pentax head office is speaking Chinese.

12-20-2012, 05:29 AM   #47
Veteran Member

LOL this is hilarious
12-20-2012, 06:48 AM   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
To Kitazawa

Stop Laughing! STOP! Stop laughing!

This laughing thing when FF is asked in interviews has really gone stale for me...
12-20-2012, 07:25 AM - 1 Like   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
To Kitazawa

Stop Laughing! STOP! Stop laughing!

This laughing thing when FF is asked in interviews has really gone stale for me...
(Kitazawa laughs.)

12-20-2012, 07:42 AM   #50
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by odaiwai Quote
Kanji, surely, not Mandarin. I don't think anyone in Ricoh/Pentax head office is speaking Chinese.
No, thats Chinese.
12-20-2012, 08:13 AM   #51
Veteran Member

Chinese characters, but they've changed so much over the years, they are no longer Chinese. They are NOT Mandarin characters. Anyone that reads Mandarin would look at this and see gibberish.

I lived in Japan and used to be fluent (sadly my reading skills were never terribly good), but that was a 13 or 14 years ago, so I'm no good for translating this. Not without several hours spent with my old books and notes, at least.

Charles.
12-20-2012, 08:21 AM   #52

Well I'm Japanese but I can't work on this at work so if you'll give me until tonight I can translate. Unless someone else gets to it first. And if you guys still need it. Looks like there are plenty of translators in here.

12-20-2012, 08:28 AM   #53
ogl
Banned

If they offer mirrorless FF - it will has new mount. And I guess if it will be DSLR FF, it could be with new mount too.

Last edited by ogl; 12-20-2012 at 08:49 AM.
12-20-2012, 08:32 AM   #54
Veteran Member

New mount for mirrorless? That's a shame. Being able to use older lenses on the K-01 is the reason I bought it (back when it was still 600). It was worth it then, and it's still worth it now.

Hopefully that doesn't mean they'd change the mount for future apsc and potential ff cameras. This will probably happen eventually, but hopefully not soon. That would definitely mean considering a switch. My main reason for using Pentax is being able to use older lenses. If I had to buy all new lenses then I'd probably consider (doesn't mean I'd switch) other brands too.
12-20-2012, 08:37 AM   #55
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thehiko Quote
well i'm japanese but i can't work on this at work so if you'll give me until tonight i can translate. Unless someone else gets to it first. And if you guys still need it. Looks like there are plenty of translators in here. :d

sent from my droid razr using tapatalk 2
Please transalate!!!!
12-20-2012, 08:56 AM - 1 Like   #56
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by reivax Quote
New mount for mirrorless? .
I think not only for Mirrorless FF...It seems to me that main task of Pentax is produce the smallest FF system in the world.
No only camera, but system.

They could make new mount with bigger diameter and with very short flange focal distance to make the VERY compact FF camera.
DSLR or Mirrorless - it's not important.
I think it will be DSLR with new mount.
New mount = a lot of advantages: smaller and lighter lenses, much better IQ with wide and super-wide angles lenses, faster AF system with new motors.

Imagine - the smallest WR FF system in the world - the dream of travellers.
12-20-2012, 08:59 AM - 1 Like   #57
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I think not only for Mirrorless FF...It seems to me that main task of Pentax is produce the smallest FF system in the world.
No only camera, but system.

They could make new mount with bigger diameter and with very short flange focal distance to make the VERY compact FF camera.
DSLR or Mirrorless - it's not important.
I think it will be DSLR with new mount.
New mount = a lot of advantages: smaller and lighter lenses, much better IQ with wide and super-wide angles lenses, faster AF system with new motors.

Imagine - the smallest WR FF system in the world - the dream of travellers.
A new DSLR mount would get all enthusiasts to turn away from Pentax IMO, and Ricoh said they want to make their enthusiasts happy. So yeah, no.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #58
Veteran Member

Why not a new mount with a full function K adapter?

At this point all I care about is the pro-spec APS-C. Is there any mention of that in the interview?
12-20-2012, 09:06 AM - 1 Like   #59
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChopperCharles Quote
Chinese characters, but they've changed so much over the years, they are no longer Chinese. They are NOT Mandarin characters. Anyone that reads Mandarin would look at this and see gibberish.

I lived in Japan and used to be fluent (sadly my reading skills were never terribly good), but that was a 13 or 14 years ago, so I'm no good for translating this. Not without several hours spent with my old books and notes, at least.

Charles.

Just for clarification, I'm talking about this text from post #32. This is traditional Chinese, used in Hong Kong and southern China. I know enough to recognize bits and pieces, and characters used for punctuation, such as "嗎" and also expressions such as "加油" which is roughly equivalent to the Japanese "頑張って。”

There's no kana, so it is not Japanese. The two languages share lots of characters, although there are some differences. The fact that they share so many characters is why I tried to pick up Chinese after studying Japanese for a couple of years... trying to learn some etymology along with everything else.

Here's a comparison of the text translated into Japanese, and Chinese at Google Translate. Machine translations are often bad, and the Mandarin practice sentences I'm studying don't come out clean, but it's surely not Japanese.

期待P家的FF
另外FF的NEX也挺迷人的~
好險FF對我沒有太大的吸引力!!
不過第2點讓我覺得怪怪的...K5IIS不是已經上市了嗎??
在2013年還要???
就算真的出FF我想也要等到第2代或第3代才會比較有實用性!!
第一代只能說是試水溫的白老鼠!!
只要PENTAX出全副,就會支持。
加油 !! 繼續支持!! PENTAX FF機 期待中....

From Japanese:
"P FF entrepreneurial expectations
~ A 迷人 也挺 a FF NEX 另外
Large attraction force 險 好 太 沒有 對我 FF!
了 嗎 launch 已經 是 ... K5IIS not get a Kai Kai remembered us the second over non 點讓?
You request return 在 2013??
ROC comparison of organic fruit for some 3rd-year-old second-generation, etc. throughout 也要 likely leave us a true FF 就算!
Shiraoi rat 溫的 說是 water sample function only first generation!
All deputy, support only required PENTAX 就會 out.
繼續 support! Pressurized oil! Machine in the hope PENTAX FF ...."

From Chinese:
"Look forward to the P home of FF
Other FF's the NEX are also very fascinating to
The good insurance FF not much appeal to me!!
But 2:00 so I think the the strange ... K5IIS market??
Even in 2013???
Even really a FF I want to have to wait until the second generation or third-generation will be more practical!
The first generation can only say that guinea pigs to test the water temperature!
PENTAX out fully, it will support.
Come on!! Continue to support! PENTAX FF machine look forward to ...."
12-20-2012, 09:11 AM - 1 Like   #60
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
A new DSLR mount would get all enthusiasts to turn away from Pentax IMO, and Ricoh said they want to make their enthusiasts happy. So yeah, no.
Not necessarily, if an adapter to K-mount is offered. A short registration makes sense, a lot of sense.