Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2008, 01:12 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Calumet has K20D for same day shipping

Must be the first store to have them available. Somebody on the other forum called and checked. They have them and are shipping.
Cameras / Digital Cameras / Pentax / - CALUMET

That was quick. They are sold out already

Last edited by regken; 02-20-2008 at 01:50 PM.
02-20-2008, 03:34 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
Must be the first store to have them available. Somebody on the other forum called and checked. They have them and are shipping.
Cameras / Digital Cameras / Pentax / - CALUMET

That was quick. They are sold out already
Ken, when I called them at 4:20 EST today they confirmed that they still had the K20D in stock. As I posted in RiceHigh's thread, I immediately ordered one and should receive it on Friday.
02-20-2008, 03:48 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jamesk8752 Quote
Ken, when I called them at 4:20 EST today they confirmed that they still had the K20D in stock. As I posted in RiceHigh's thread, I immediately ordered one and should receive it on Friday.
Jim,
Congrats! I'm glad they still had one for you. For old times sake how about a photo of one of the 1950's drive ins on Woodward Ave. Big Boy, Totem Pole, Suzie Q, or Ted"s? We will all be waiting for your thoughts.

Thanks,

ken
02-20-2008, 06:24 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
Jim,
Congrats! I'm glad they still had one for you. For old times sake how about a photo of one of the 1950's drive ins on Woodward Ave. Big Boy, Totem Pole, Suzie Q, or Ted"s? We will all be waiting for your thoughts.

Thanks,

ken
Ahh, Ted's - I have fond memories of rat racing up Woodward in my GTO and stopping at Ted's for a snack...

I'm afraid that most of them (including Ted's) are gone, driven out by high real estate prices. One which is still here (for the moment) is Hunter House, on Woodward just north of Maple Road. They still serve the best sliders and fries around. When I get my K20D I'll snap a shot of it for you and post it here.

Regards, Jim

02-20-2008, 08:04 PM   #5

James,

Do come back to us with your own little review of the K20D. I am especially interested in the low light high-ISO performance (1600 & 3200), if it is usable, compared with say, the D300. Also, if the new 'improved' SR is any better than the K10D.

Good luck and all the best.