Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
04-21-2013, 07:25 AM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
Not as cool as my Q10 watch
Oh, my that is just deliciously creative. One of those, "Wish I had thought of that!" things.

I might actually want one.

04-22-2013, 08:40 AM - 1 Like   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Oh, my that is just deliciously creative. One of those, "Wish I had thought of that!" things.

I might actually want one.
It looks far prettier than the photos I'd say. My wife put it on her wrist the first time she saw it, and thought its a gift I bought for her (she knew I didn't like watches w leather straps) Now I just hope this thing can last as long as my Citizens
04-23-2013, 01:14 AM   #48
Pentaxian

Nice watches, but I don't think I'll replace my similar-looking Seiko kinetic watch with something that can't recharge itself.
04-23-2013, 05:17 AM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
Not as cool as my Q10 watch

Now if only the cameras had this kind of style they'd be walking out the door. Maybe this is a hint of what is to come in the camera department. tic toc tic toc.....

04-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I agree that Q 10 watch looks imply awesome...
04-29-2013, 05:36 AM   #51
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxmz Quote
No it doesn't.

It charges via a magnetic induction cable. Charger snaps magnetically to the side of the watch. They had to do it this way in order to qualify for water resistance at depth.
Never could figure that one out; being water resistant under water. It's almost tempting fate; or perhaps a willingness to burn money and risk having a disposable watch after having it in the water.

I've personally found that most any watch (from ones sold at places such as Wallymart to ones costing several thousand) that has the weather resistant rating is mostly only good against minor outdoor rain, and not really terribly effective while being fully submerged for lengths of time. Which might be the reason for a true divers watch
04-29-2013, 05:50 AM   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
Never could figure that one out; being water resistant under water. It's almost tempting fate; or perhaps a willingness to burn money and risk having a disposable watch after having it in the water.

I've personally found that most any watch (from ones sold at places such as Wallymart to ones costing several thousand) that has the weather resistant rating is mostly only good against minor outdoor rain, and not really terribly effective while being fully submerged for lengths of time. Which might be the reason for a true divers watch
You have to be careful at Water Resistance ratings. They are all the rage in Watch Collecting circles with 20,000 feet ratings and such just a joke - but good marketing and it pushes the price up into the astronomical ranges. Reliable makers like Seiko follow international standards on atmosphere testing and their watches have multiple gaskets on the stem and caseback. When a Seiko is rated for diving (typically viewed as rated for 200m or more) it really truly can go diving. Their 100m rated watches are fine for swimming and snorkeling. Any WR system can fail and immersion in soap or other chemicals can cause the gaskets to deteriorate as can time. I'd never take a $4k watch diving because the cost-benefit ratio runs to the stupid side of the equation if something fails, and their are $200-400 watches that will work equally well that the equation isn't as bad for in the case of a failure. Professional divers use dive computers these days anyway but a real dive watch can be a back-up.

You can find a very good basics of looking at dive watchers article here:
Scuba Dive Watches - A Guide To Water Resistance, Bezels, Crowns And More

04-29-2013, 06:45 AM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
've personally found that most any watch (from ones sold at places such as Wallymart to ones costing several thousand) that has the weather resistant rating is mostly only good against minor outdoor rain
same here which is why I'm such a fan of Luminox watches - they make some decent watches for the money....I mean, who goes diving wearing a gold rolex?
04-29-2013, 06:51 AM   #54
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Their 100m rated watches are fine for swimming and snorkeling.
+1! I never take off my now 4 years old Seiko 100M watch except in the shower (since I imagine soap and hot water wouldn't be so good), no problems using it for snorkeling and diving to a couple of meters deep.
05-01-2013, 09:47 PM   #55

where to buy it???
05-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #56
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by hang cheng Quote
where to buy it???
Japan.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-02-2013, 12:33 AM   #57
Inactive Account

i would love to have one of not both of theas watches i wounder if thell ship over seas
05-02-2013, 07:38 AM   #58
iht
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by elip021 Quote
i would love to have one of not both of theas watches i wounder if thell ship over seas
You can buy it at their web shop, but it appears to be sold out.
05-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Japan.
I think you're just trying to get out of doing a comparison test. It wouldn't be that hard really. Put this on your left wrist and the competitor on your right wrist. Glance at each several times each day for a week and then let us know which one gave you the best representation of the time of day it was at that moment. If one gave you cause for doubt, that would be a minus score. As for sharpness, which one can you read first thing in the morning when you're not quite awake. That would be the sharpest one. You can do it Adam.
05-31-2013, 06:50 AM - 1 Like   #60
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got it totay and it is of course very, very nice :-)

More pictures of it are here: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=2D01AE85E70E90E2!147758&authkey=!AOg0cnfrHqGa9Sc

Lens in the background is the one I have for sale here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photographic-equipment-sale/225814-sale-p...minum-box.html