Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-12-2009, 10:47 AM   #31
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Hannican Quote
Is this really the forum for self-promotion?
Well, the only thing I can do is to report his post as shameless blog self-promotion. If we just ignore him, nothing will ever change; and we'll still see threads like "Breaking News!!! Pentax name has 6 letters!!!".
I wouldn't do this if he would post the original source (there is always an original source, in his case), or the original source and a link to his blog - that IMO would still be acceptable.

06-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Please, don't pollute my threads anymore!

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Well, the only thing I can do is to report his post as shameless blog self-promotion. If we just ignore him, nothing will ever change; and we'll still see threads like "Breaking News!!! Pentax name has 6 letters!!!".
I wouldn't do this if he would post the original source (there is always an original source, in his case), or the original source and a link to his blog - that IMO would still be acceptable.
The right thing you particular guys should do is don't post in any of my threads when you have nothing and not even anything to say which is relevant to the topic!

You bad people are so annoying for trying to side track to personal attacks when other forum members who are interested are always really discussing things about Pentax and news, solely. If you gang are continue to POLLUTE this thread, I shall report YOU ALL!
06-12-2009, 11:01 AM   #33
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Seems suspicious to me. The box's graphic design is crap. He doesn't even show the camera or any of the accessories out of the bubble wrap. I know that if I were the one that had just purchased a camera and was the "1st in the world" to have a production model I'd actually show it outside of its wrappings. Maybe show the firmware version 1.0 on the lcd screen.

I'm just viewing these images on my phone, so maybe they look genuine on a fullsized monitor, but they seem mighty suspicious.
06-12-2009, 11:01 AM   #34
Pentaxian

@Ricehigh: Well, do it. In the mean time, I'll continue to ask you to give also the source of your blog entries - so anyone could have a choice, either visit your blog or go directly to the source.
This time, I'll do it for you: http://www.dchome.net/viewthread.php?tid=708099&extra=page%3D1&page=1
And an automated translation: http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=en&js=n&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww....istory_state0=

06-12-2009, 11:04 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Votesh Quote
Seems suspicious to me. The box graphic design is crap. He doesn't even show the camera or any of the accessories out of the bubble wrap. I know that if I were the one that had just purchased a camera and was the "1st in the world" to have a production model I'd actually show it outside of its wrappings. Maybe show the firmware version 1.0 on the screen.

I'm just viewing these images on my phone, so maybe they look genuine on a fullsized monitor, but they seem mighty suspicious.
I had some conversations to that guy for a few times at the PentaxForums quite some time ago and I think that he is a sincere and honest guy who will not be likely to make such a hoax.

Only that the stuff is real and someone might ask him to keep low-tone! But I guess he just couldn't help himself !

Whenever things are real, they are hidden somehow! ;-) Haven't we learnt that in the recent K-7 teaser case? :-))
06-12-2009, 11:09 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
@Ricehigh: Well, do it. In the mean time, I'll continue to ask you to give also the source of your blog entries - so anyone could have a choice, either visit your blog or go directly to the source.
This time, I'll do it for you: 嗱...¶R©w¾¤¤â§r嗱...«}Õi¦í...¥ý!!!.....§Ú ¶}~ ~·m³¥§r!!! - Pentax °Q½×°Ï - DCHome.net ¼Æ½X¤Ñ¦a½×¾Â *»´ä²Ä¤@*ӼƽX¬Û¾÷ºô¯¸ - Powered by Discuz!
And an automated translation: Google Translate
You have no right to *force* me to re-type and edit once again for my post which I just want to share with good wills HERE, with minimum effort.

If you (or any other ones) just hate me so much, WHY BOTHER?

I have just always been trying to share and post the latest news and my finding here also by the most effective and efficiency method of the Internet. Whats your fuss about??

p.s. This is my last response to you and will ignore you all in this thread if you have nothing about the K-7 to say (actually you have none so far!).

p.s.2 And, you know how to read all those Chinese posts and even those more difficult native Cantonese of Chinese?? I just can see all wrong (de)coding and display in your provided link and the captured subject title!

Last edited by RiceHigh; 06-12-2009 at 11:18 AM.
06-12-2009, 11:18 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Just sitting here watching the show....

Your japanese to english translations aren't always the best either......btw
Another way to put it is if so many here really don't appreciate you posting here why do YOU bother?
Does it remind you of dp review?
I would miss the conflict though

06-12-2009, 11:26 AM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Michael, et al:

For now, I would ask folks to please refrain from commenting against the post - we (mods and admins) are aware of this.

Michael: you will receive a PM shortly. This issue has been discussed by both Adam and the mod team and we have finalized the issue.

Regards,
Marc
Moderator Team
06-12-2009, 11:27 AM   #39
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Too bad that you should go away to do better things!

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
Your japanese to english translations aren't always the best either......btw
Another way to put it is if so many here really don't appreciate you posting here why do YOU bother?
Does it remind you of dp review?
I would miss the conflict though
So, you come to forums for arguments but not for discussions? You really could get funs only of this?
06-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you have a look HERE (this is where the original K-7 blurry pics came from) you will see he says it is not a retail camera.
06-12-2009, 11:32 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
If you have a look HERE (this is where the original K-7 blurry pics came from) you will see he says it is not a retail camera.
Those are ancient old news and the pictures are all different (from the new ones I've posted).
06-12-2009, 11:53 AM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
Those are ancient old news and the pictures are all different (from the new ones I've posted).
Those pictures are exactly the same one you posted on your blog today
06-12-2009, 12:32 PM   #43
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
I prefer the former!

What cons do we have than there is no offer and the lack of functions? Remember "least is better than none"! (Bugs would be another concern)
That's just the thing, JCPentax in one of the other threads stated that it was removed as a feature because its implementation actually caused problems with the video. Keep in mind, contrast-detect autofocus takes a lot of processing power, and running that side-by-side with the actual video recording when using such a low-compression format may be the problem here. Sure, the t1i might be able to use CDAF in video, but last I knew it also uses a format for video with a lot more compression.

Besides that, really, the main reason to use a DSLR for video is shallow dof. Shallow dof is not a good thing to mix with autofocus in video. If you want a video device to focus for you, a camcorder is a far better choice.
06-12-2009, 01:00 PM   #44
Veteran Member

注意:非最终零售版 NOTE:Not retail version

From Jopy blog:

宾得K-7超简单开箱 - Windows Live
06-12-2009, 01:17 PM   #45
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

I'm closing the thread and because of this reason:
II. Posting
There is no limit on the number of posts made by each user, but topics must always be created in the correct corresponding forum category. Flooding, spamming, and advertising are not tolerated. Although users may occasionally post links to useful resources and personal galleries, any other sites may not be promoted. All posts are also to be written in a mature fashion with correct spelling and grammar.

The rule is specific and are all posted here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/latest-board-news/1-forum-rules.html

Anyone is welcome to put their blog links (as I do) in their signature line but we're going to enforce the rule of advertising and link promotion in the fashion the OP has done. It's happening far too much and causing issues with the general membership.

PM sent to the OP
Closed Thread