Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-02-2009, 12:08 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
These sites consist of scam artists,

Your best bet is to deal with "Authorized Pentax dealers" The list price is $1,299.00 US if you are paying any more you are being scammed.

What bothers me so much about people involved with this forum is the impatience,

Look get a reality check here, Yes Pentax will introduce a FF body although it will be a "PROFESSIONAL BODY" at a cost that is out of the range of most that watch and post in this forum. And yes that FF body will accommodate all K-mounts and forward technology. This is what Pentax stakes it's reputation on. AND this is why I buy Pentax equipment.

"Forward Technology and thought about what goes into that Technology"

Think about it, and post your comments with responsibility and qualified comments.

07-02-2009, 04:13 PM   #17
Forum Member

what bothers me the most are trolls like you unable to read properly.

ccc is in the US with a correct price

kerrisdale camera is in Canada with a correct price as well

so what don't you f'ing undertand and call them scam artists?!

Last edited by LosAnJulien; 07-02-2009 at 06:18 PM.
07-02-2009, 04:55 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery
Creve Coeur Camera has eight locations in the St. Louis metro area. Two of the stores are located in Illinois and six being in Missouri. They have been around since 1974 and have a strong customer following. CCC is the finest camera store in the St. Louis area.

http://www.cccamera.com/about-creve-coeur-camera.html
07-02-2009, 09:00 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mysterick Quote
Don't bother with Ritz/Wolfe camera. I am going to be in Knoxville for the early part of July and thought perhaps I could pick up the K-7 while I'm there. This store told me they just sent back all of their Pentax stock and will no longer carry the brand! Did they make ANOTHER bad business decision?
Orrrr, Pentax decided not to take a risk with their money:

Ritz Camera seeks bankruptcy protection

07-02-2009, 10:33 PM   #20
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I stand corrected, When I saw the $1,599 it appeared that it was US Dollar plus the duplication of the webpage.

Unfortunately the management of CC is closely related to Ritz. Read the WSJ, I am quite surprised that Hoya did not look into this prior to making a business commitment on web sales with them. Mistakes like this are about as "sharp as a bowling ball" if you get my drift.

The best DSLR manufacturer on earth and they make crucial mistakes in marketing like this? Go figure.

Actually it is becoming a mute point because the K7 is days away from being fully released in the US and the market will bear what it will bear.

Within a few weeks the pricing wars between sellers begin. With regards to the impatience comment I hold strong. PT Barnum was absolutely right.

Good Day

Fortunately I do not get into pissing matches on a forum and resent being called a troll. I do not post in any other Pentax related forum besides this one.

Last edited by Indecent Exposure; 07-02-2009 at 11:21 PM.
07-03-2009, 12:01 PM   #21
MDS

Creve Coeur Camera is in no way associated with Ritz Camera. They are a locally owned company with eight stores in the St louis metro area. They have been an "Authorized Pentax Dealer" for many years. Check out the Pentax USA website and click on authorized retailers and you will see them listed there.
07-03-2009, 12:57 PM   #22
Forum Member

QuoteQuote:
I stand corrected, When I saw the $1,599 it appeared that it was US Dollar plus the duplication of the webpage.

Unfortunately the management of CC is closely related to Ritz. Read the WSJ, I am quite surprised that Hoya did not look into this prior to making a business commitment on web sales with them. Mistakes like this are about as "sharp as a bowling ball" if you get my drift.

The best DSLR manufacturer on earth and they make crucial mistakes in marketing like this? Go figure.

Actually it is becoming a mute point because the K7 is days away from being fully released in the US and the market will bear what it will bear.

Within a few weeks the pricing wars between sellers begin. With regards to the impatience comment I hold strong. PT Barnum was absolutely right.

Good Day

Fortunately I do not get into pissing matches on a forum and resent being called a troll. I do not post in any other Pentax related forum besides this one.

again get a clue and go tell that to Ned.

http://nedbunnell.blogspot.com

I'm not getting into a pissing match but you sound totally incoherent.

07-04-2009, 09:05 PM   #23
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by LosAnJulien Quote

I'm not getting into a pissing match but you sound totally incoherent.
She sounds totally like WendyB.
07-04-2009, 09:48 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
She sounds totally like WendyB
Now that brings back memories. JIM
07-04-2009, 09:58 PM   #25
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Now that brings back memories. JIM
Just check this thread from post #250 onwards; https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/35209-wendy-b-conundru...tml#post343628
07-05-2009, 02:57 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Oh geez. You're right, it totally is Wendy B. That's a sock puppet if I've ever seen one. The "out of the blue on a Google search I discovered this post" line pretty much seals the deal there.

Well, with the K-7 rumors out of the way, we were needing some entertainment around here.....
07-05-2009, 03:09 AM   #27
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Oh geez. You're right, it totally is Wendy B. That's a sock puppet if I've ever seen one. The "out of the blue on a Google search I discovered this post" line pretty much seals the deal there.

Well, with the K-7 rumors out of the way, we were needing some entertainment around here.....
I thought I recognised the name so I checked her previous posts.
07-05-2009, 07:55 AM   #28

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Then why would it say "Only 5 left in stock, order soon!" ?
So they can get your money

I actually called Willougby's to see if it was truly in stock, it was not.
07-05-2009, 09:14 PM   #29
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ironshot Quote
Creve Coeur Camera has eight locations in the St. Louis metro area. Two of the stores are located in Illinois and six being in Missouri. They have been around since 1974 and have a strong customer following. CCC is the finest camera store in the St. Louis area.

Creve Coeur Camera | About Creve Coeur Camera
I can not believe how "paranoid" and clueless some users of this forum are.

First of all take a close look at the recent "investors and investment groups" that have had dealings with CC and have been investing. Then take a close look at who is managing, they are all former RC management.

If you do not "know" where to look or how to find this information out. Then obviously most that do not, or have not a clue about research and investing.

Actually a lot of this information was in the WSJ.

For those of you that are "clueless" WSJ stands for its the Wall Street Journal.

I care to read these periodicals and be completely informed.

Now move on and get a life.

That was quite simple, If you want to talk Pentax, lets talk Pentax.

Even Ned has recognized the mistake, read the right "journals" and be informed.

Now that's what I call a rather "decent exposure"

Last edited by Indecent Exposure; 07-05-2009 at 09:22 PM. Reason: further comment
07-05-2009, 09:31 PM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Indecent Exposure Quote
I can not believe how "paranoid" and clueless some users of this forum are.
That's amusing.

QuoteOriginally posted by Indecent Exposure Quote
First of all take a close look at the recent "investors and investment groups" that have had dealings with CC and have been investing. Then take a close look at who is managing, they are all former RC management.

If you do not "know" where to look or how to find this information out. Then obviously most that do not, or have not a clue about research and investing.

Actually a lot of this information was in the WSJ.

For those of you that are "clueless" WSJ stands for its the Wall Street Journal.

I care to read these periodicals and be completely informed.
I can barely believe I wasted my time with this, but: through my job, I have access to the fully-indexed back-catalog of the Wall Street Journal (and all other major business publications), and can guarantee beyond a shadow of a doubt that Creve Coeur Camera (a privately held company, by the way) has never been mentioned in the Wall Street Journal. There's been 112 mentions in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, and 15 mentions elsewhere in any business publications ever (including one article about the office park in which their offices are located). And the only (two) articles which mention both Creve Coeur Camera and Ritz turn out to be talking about the Ritz-Carlton Hotel.

In short: the claim is ridiculous and made even more so by the claimed data source. But then, who is surprised?