Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2009, 10:31 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Contacting Pentax USA

Just wondering if anyone has any troubles in contacting Pentax Imaging USA via the website. I've emailed them a few times here in the last few weeks to ask various questions and I'm not getting any respones. This wasn't the case a few months ago. I was emailing the general email like info@pentaximaging.com.

Not a good customer service response if you ask me.

08-22-2009, 01:04 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I sent them email via the website about availability of replacement lens caps for 31ltd lenses. They emailed me back apologizing for the fact that they don't have any spare original metal caps for sale and sent me a free pinch cap.

Maybe it depends on the questions you're asking...
08-22-2009, 04:18 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Sounds like Pentax Canada took over or something.

I'd re-send the email and point out this is a follow-up as you haven't received a reply. They're usually pretty good about following up at that point.
08-22-2009, 05:15 PM   #4
Inactive Account

I emailed them last week to find out if there was any place within 50 miles of Phoenix where I could fondle a real live K7. The first answer was "Go to: find a retailer on our web site."

I told them that the only one on their list with branches in the area was Best Buy and neither store that I went to had any Pentax at all in stock the answer was along the lines of "Sorry, but we can't help. Too bad, so sad."

I didn't have any problem getting through but the response doesn't engender a whole lot of warm and fuzzies.

Gerry

08-22-2009, 05:22 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have given up on the thought of finding a K7 to pick up and check out without driving 200+ milen to NYC. Possibly if enough of us complain, they will wake up to the fact that if they want to sell cameras they need to get them into some stores so people can see them.
08-23-2009, 08:21 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Resend it to Ned Bunnell's blog; maybe somebody reads those comments.
08-25-2009, 02:09 AM   #7
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Andrew Faires Quote
Sounds like Pentax Canada took over or something.

I'd re-send the email and point out this is a follow-up as you haven't received a reply. They're usually pretty good about following up at that point.

What is that supposed to mean? Are you insinuating Pentax Canada has terrible customer service? I have nothing but praise for Pentax Canada with their customer service of my warranty repairs and also email inquiries. All have been dealt with in a quick, and courteous manner.

08-25-2009, 03:17 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by loafer Quote
What is that supposed to mean? Are you insinuating Pentax Canada has terrible customer service? I have nothing but praise for Pentax Canada with their customer service of my warranty repairs and also email inquiries. All have been dealt with in a quick, and courteous manner.
I've had a hit-and-miss experience with Pentax Canada with the most recent inquiry totally ignored. This has happened several times over the last few years. Back, before digital, any inquiry was replied to ASAP. The standard has slipped.

Now, to be fair, I did have some questions about a problem I had with some magenta colouration on long exposures with the k10. The initial inquiry was very slow in being responded to (and if I recall correctly, a follow-up had to be made before they responded), but once service took over, the questions were replied to promptly. However, the general inquiry line stinks from my experience.
08-27-2009, 07:13 PM   #9
Forum Member

I emailed Pentax via their Pentax Imaging website about 2 weeks ago concerning registering my new K7 & have not heard back from them. My issue was - & still is - the website does not have the K7 listed as a choice under Model Name & will not allow you to pick "other" (even though that's an option) when you try to register the camera.

Has anyone been able to register their K7? If so, what link did you use? I was using the 'pentaximaging.com/support' site.

Tammy
08-29-2009, 04:15 AM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxCats Quote
I emailed Pentax via their Pentax Imaging website about 2 weeks ago concerning registering my new K7 & have not heard back from them. My issue was - & still is - the website does not have the K7 listed as a choice under Model Name & will not allow you to pick "other" (even though that's an option) when you try to register the camera.

Has anyone been able to register their K7? If so, what link did you use? I was using the 'pentaximaging.com/support' site.

Tammy
I did the same thing on the web site and nothing. Then i called the Pentax USA 800 number and spoke to a rep who informed that to get the additional 2 years warranty on the K7 you have to fax them the original invoice and then they will mail you an extended warranty card. I faxed the info in and hopefully in the next few weeks the extended warranty card will show up. I do not know the fax number off the top of my head, just call them.

kman
08-30-2009, 06:39 PM   #11
Forum Member

K7 Registration & Warranty

Thank you KMan, I'll call Pentax this week.

Tammy
08-30-2009, 07:39 PM   #12
Inactive Account

"Resend it to Ned Bunnell's blog; maybe somebody reads those comments."

Ned Bunnell han't posted to his blog since August 9. I wonder if he's on vacation, tired of his blog or something's up. He's never gone this long before.

Gerry
08-30-2009, 08:08 PM   #13
Veteran Member

He's been doing the K-7 Viral Tour

Are there K-7 Tour dates left? I think Ned and the rest are off chatting up the K-7. Maybe the Home Office is closed for the K-7 Tour de USA?

QuoteOriginally posted by Gerry Quote
"Resend it to Ned Bunnell's blog; maybe somebody reads those comments."

Ned Bunnell han't posted to his blog since August 9. I wonder if he's on vacation, tired of his blog or something's up. He's never gone this long before.

Gerry
09-05-2009, 11:28 PM   #14

Original Poster
Update..

Emailed them twice this week about a broken SD card door. No response.

Just starting to think thieir customer service has changed. Not for the better clearly.

Not like the god ole days. lol

I love Pentax, but if they drop the customer service ball, they're screwed in the long run.

Get your shit together!!!! Or a lot of people are going to leave. As a pro for 4 years, it's slowing entering into my mind to get into a new system. I don't want to as I'm loyal to stuff I love. It's up to them.

Take it for what it's worth.
09-06-2009, 12:35 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by CaymanImaging Quote
I love Pentax, but if they drop the customer service ball, they're screwed in the long run.

Yes, especially as the pricing is set to sell to small, loyal customer base rather than to expand to the mass market. Good customer service is key.