Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-10-2009, 11:05 PM   #151
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
I wish wendyb did come back. She was fun!

With a most heartfelt response. The Wendyb that was posting in this forum was in life named Barbara and she vicariously latched on to one of her family members who is a Pentax photographer with the name of Wendy B.

Barb found access to her brothers service revolver and somehow unlocked the gun safe. She took her life on September 4'th 2009 with single gunshot to her temple.

We certainly hope you were all entertained by her.

We miss her dearly and also wish she could come back in a heartbeat for she was much more talented than her sister in law who is actually Wendy B. She just never found her way in life and she was not all that far off on the topic of this thread. Mainly because she saw hardware that no one else gets to see and she was not supposed to see.

Barbs suicide was not caused by this forum for her mental illness was far deeper than one can imagine.

If I may also point out it would be wise for the members of this forum to possibly recognize when a post is not the norm and way too far fetched to be possibly true. To just plain ignore that post and take into consideration because that the poster has issues.

If you answer then you become part of the problem by feeding what they so desperately need. "response".

IDE.

Last edited by Indecent Exposure; 11-10-2009 at 11:20 PM.
11-11-2009, 02:38 AM   #152
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
actually if you will look here - you will see that Hoya's approved wording for K-7 is "medium-class model", I guess that points to the fact that they will have something in the class above - do they mean 645D by that or FF or higher class APS-C ?
But Pentax said that about the K10D too... Medium class and then when the K20D was introduced the K20D suddenly became medium class and the K10D class was re-named to "popular class" and the K200D was introduced for that. And now K-7 is "medium class" but it still higher up than the previous "medium class" for the K20D.

Pentax has a tendency to re-name or re-positioning their classes every time they releases a new camera.
And yes the K10D was the flagship model, then the K20D and now the K-7. There is no contradiction being flagship and being medium class and yes there are always room for something bigger, better and more ugly ( ) but that doesn't automatically means that it will be released...
11-11-2009, 04:34 AM   #153
Inactive Account

If the FF is true should we collect some of our favorite FA lenses now? Because if its true... prices will get high (really high) and the FA35 f2 shall be one of the beast!
11-11-2009, 09:15 AM   #154
Veteran Member

Wow, thats really sad.

Wow thats really sad.

Here's what was the longest running thread here until Pentax launched a newer dslr.

Wendy B Conundrum:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/35209-wendy-b-conundrum.html

QuoteOriginally posted by Indecent Exposure Quote

With a most heartfelt response. The Wendyb that was posting in this forum was in life named Barbara and she vicariously latched on to one of her family members who is a Pentax photographer with the name of Wendy B.

Barb found access to her brothers service revolver and somehow unlocked the gun safe. She took her life on September 4'th 2009 with single gunshot to her temple.

We certainly hope you were all entertained by her.

We miss her dearly and also wish she could come back in a heartbeat for she was much more talented than her sister in law who is actually Wendy B. She just never found her way in life and she was not all that far off on the topic of this thread. Mainly because she saw hardware that no one else gets to see and she was not supposed to see.

Barbs suicide was not caused by this forum for her mental illness was far deeper than one can imagine.

If I may also point out it would be wise for the members of this forum to possibly recognize when a post is not the norm and way too far fetched to be possibly true. To just plain ignore that post and take into consideration because that the poster has issues.

If you answer then you become part of the problem by feeding what they so desperately need. "response".

IDE.

11-11-2009, 10:08 AM   #155
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RMabo Quote
But Pentax said that about the K10D too... Medium class and then when the K20D was introduced the K20D suddenly became medium class and the K10D class was re-named to "popular class" and the K200D was introduced for that. And now K-7 is "medium class" but it still higher up than the previous "medium class" for the K20D.
Well I think the point is that Pentax intended "medium class" to mean a camera to compete in the mid range of camera's in the marketplace, not in their own range of cameras. That is to say a camera intended to be in the same range as the Canon 7D or Nikon D300. Not a Pentax DSLR positioned between their entry level model and top of the line model.
11-11-2009, 11:12 AM   #156
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
I'm sorry if this is true, but I have to say that this sounds a bit fishy - again. You posted earlier that you're the real Wendy B and now you're again talking about her in third person.
Here we go again...
11-13-2009, 09:28 PM   #157
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
Here we go again...
I am hearing a song here "..and the beat goes on..."

11-13-2009, 09:43 PM   #158
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Political Rants

QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
Here we go again...
Oh boy! Other than the lens clubs the Forum seems to have been nothing but political rants lately - kind of a good time to lay low
11-14-2009, 10:59 AM   #159
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
I am hearing a song here "..and the beat goes on..."
No posts from her "friend" in 3 days...darn. Maybe this bump will remind her to write again
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Oh boy! Other than the lens clubs the Forum seems to have been nothing but political rants lately - kind of a good time to lay low
Any thread in General Talk turns into political discussions. The Ignore List is pretty useful, though.

The mod team was thinking of adding a Political subforum...and while I don't condone censorship per se, there would be a lot of posts being deleted in GT if I had the power
11-14-2009, 11:51 AM   #160
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

monochrome

Antonio R. Damasio
11-14-2009, 01:23 PM   #161
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RuiC Quote
monochrome

Antonio R. Damasio
He's one of yours Rui, isn't he!!

Perhaps we can suggest this as Pentax's marketing tag-line

Or should it be, "Sum ergo, cogito?"

Last edited by monochrome; 11-14-2009 at 01:28 PM.
11-14-2009, 03:30 PM   #162
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
He's one of yours Rui, isn't he!!

Perhaps we can suggest this as Pentax's marketing tag-line

Or should it be, "Sum ergo, cogito?"
Yeah, he made his career on your side of the pond.

For tag-line why not " Vidi, ergo Pentaxium" (copyright ruiC)

Rui
11-14-2009, 04:28 PM   #163
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RuiC Quote

For tag-line why not " Vidi, ergo Pentaxium" (copyright ruiC)

Rui
I see, therefore I shoot Pentax!

I saw it, so I Pentaxed it!

I like it
11-18-2009, 03:49 PM   #164
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Sensor - two options Not SONY.
I WANT SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem

11-18-2009, 08:18 PM   #165