Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-05-2010, 01:41 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by thechucked Quote
Anyone know if the extended warranty is transferable...
According to Pentax, not even the regular 1 yr warranty is transferable.

06-09-2010, 12:03 PM   #17
music_lover

QuoteOriginally posted by Clones123 Quote
I'd be interested to hear Pentax's position on the dealers that are selling the extra 2-year warranty to their customers for as much as $40. Seems a little odd that the warranty is being handled in such a way that dealers have an easy time ripping off customers by selling them something they could get for free if they only knew in advance. I bought my K-7 from Abe's of Maine specifically because they offered the extended warranty for free with the camera. B&H and Adorama each charge $19.95 extra for the warranty.

Abes of Maine is selling the 2 year Warranty for $99.95! see the link

Abe's of Maine - Search=

Last edited by music_lover; 07-03-2010 at 02:21 PM.
07-13-2010, 10:05 AM   #18

Photos: Albums
I've just sent in an email requesting the free warranty. If I hear back from them I will report back with an update.
07-14-2010, 10:41 AM   #19

They just emailed me back:
QuoteQuote:
Dear Nathan,

Thank you for contacting Pentax.

We will send you an extended warranty card.

If you are in need of further assistance, please respond to this email or call our technical support center at 800-877-0155.

Sincerely,
Dorian Black
Pentax Imaging Technical Support
According to this forum thread the free extended warranty period is over.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/107440-free-pentax...nty-ended.html

I bought my camera on June 28th, so perhaps it ended at the end of June 2010?

07-14-2010, 04:21 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I received my extended warranty paperwork from Pentax a couple weeks ago (about a week after sending them my proof of purchase), so I know it was still valid through June of 2010. Of course that doesn't mean it's still in effect now, but hopefully it is for those who purchase soon.
11-05-2010, 07:33 PM   #21

How can the manufacturer warranty not be transferrable? It does not state that.
Standard PENTAX Warranty
PENTAX products originally distributed by PENTAX Imaging Company, 600 12th Street, Suite 300, Golden, Colorado 80401, have a limited One-Year Warranty starting from the date of purchase. This limited warranty covers any defects in original factory materials and workmanship. If your PENTAX product malfunctions due to such a defect within this one-year period, PENTAX Imaging Company will repair it at no charge within a reasonable amount of time. This warranty does not cover any damage caused to the product, including, but not limited to: impact, moisture, liquid, sand, excessive temperature, battery leakage, chemical corrosion, mishandling, operation contrary to operating instructions, tampering, modification, or servicing by an unauthorized repair shop. PENTAX shall not be liable for any consequential or incidental damages, such as memory cards, batteries, travel expenses, loss of time, etc. This warranty only applies to PENTAX photographic equipment originally distributed in the United States by PENTAX Imaging Company, 600 12th Street, Suite 300, Golden, Colorado 80401.
11-10-2010, 05:52 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The K-7 Extended Warranty from Pentax is available on Amazon from Adorama for $19

Apparently the warranty is product specific. I do not see anything available on the web for the K5....

11-10-2010, 09:19 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Fl_Gulfer Quote
I filled out and sent my warrenty registration card in to Pentax when I bought the camera, arn't you suppose to do that?
I think almost nobody does this anymore nowadays. If one needs service, send in copy of invoice. But vendors still want to collect the customer data.

So, in Germany at least, Pentax runs an online registration service. It is meant for warranty registration but actually, it is a voucher service. With every new item purchased and registered, you receive a voucher worth up to €50 for the next purchase at the same dealer. It works, everybody registers!
11-12-2010, 10:07 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
I think almost nobody does this anymore nowadays. If one needs service, send in copy of invoice. But vendors still want to collect the customer data.
That is the normal case. However, the 3-year extended warranty (2 extra years) is apparently a special case.
11-17-2010, 11:48 AM   #25

What if you purchase a camera from an individual which is still within 90 days of the purchase date. You receive the manufacturer warranty card along with a copy of the receipt showing purchase from an authorized dealer. You the new owner, purchase a 2yr extended warranty. How does Pentax prove you are not the original owner or do they even care? The ship to address is different? What if it was a gift?
01-12-2011, 12:30 AM   #26
Inactive Account

international warranty

i'm interested in getting the k-7 off (american)ebay from a japanese company--does anyone know if that will cover the extended warranty?thnx
01-14-2011, 10:45 AM   #27
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thechucked Quote
Anyone know if the extended warranty is transferable - and if so, what is the process?
Did you mean after registering the camera with Pentax? I am not sure about that but if the warranty is not yet registered and the sale receipt is still in hand, the warranty should be valid.
01-14-2011, 10:54 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote

So, in Germany at least, Pentax runs an online registration service. It is meant for warranty registration but actually, it is a voucher service. With every new item purchased and registered, you receive a voucher worth up to €50 for the next purchase at the same dealer. It works, everybody registers!
that is a brilliant move on their part Falk. they must actually have a marketing dept in Germany. (still not sure there is even a part time employee in marketing at pentax canada )