Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-x wins "Best D-SLR Entry Level" TIPA award

TIPA - TECHNICAL IMAGE PRESS ASSOCIATION - This year's awards

04-22-2010, 06:43 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
As if there were any doubt....

Seriously though, Pentax really nailed it out of the ballpark with the Kx. Hopefully this is a sign that points to a better future for Pentax products.
04-22-2010, 07:03 AM   #3
Nubi

You know, I thought they hit a home run with K10D when it came out and won a bunch of awards. Then we now have K-7. Awesome. Certainly looks like the company is moving in the right direction, but it seems like it is mainly for us Pentaxians. Does the company have any more share than they did back they when K10D came out? Maybe this is a losing battle; no matter how good your products are, you just cannot go beyond Goliath(s)???
04-22-2010, 07:37 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Hmm, patience is a good thing. A series of good products will help, and I'm sure the reception of the 645D will be important for the brand name, but all this will be evaluated in the long run. And they don't have to be the biggest. Just big enough to continue their R&D and unique way of going about things.

04-22-2010, 08:02 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Pentax needs marketing. Great products are great, but they seldom sell themselves.

Pentax also needs a line of very good P&S. I bet there is a ton of Canon Rebel shooters out there who chose the Rebel because they already had one of the excellent Powershot digicams.

Pentax needs more glass. Even for folks who never plan to move beyond kit lenses, just the idea that there are a gazillion lenses available for "their brand" has an impact.
04-22-2010, 08:16 AM   #6
Pentaxian

I wish they had more details like how k-x was chosen and what are the other cameras against which it was compared.
04-22-2010, 09:01 AM   #7

Doesn't the K-x have a CMOS sensor?

Great news anyway!

04-22-2010, 10:06 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by flippedgazelle Quote
Pentax needs marketing. Great products are great, but they seldom sell themselves.

Pentax also needs a line of very good P&S. I bet there is a ton of Canon Rebel shooters out there who chose the Rebel because they already had one of the excellent Powershot digicams.

Pentax needs more glass. Even for folks who never plan to move beyond kit lenses, just the idea that there are a gazillion lenses available for "their brand" has an impact.
I agree that Pentax needs more glass and more marketing. They especially need more glass in the long end plus teleconverters. It wouldn't hurt to also include a new set of extension tubes.
04-22-2010, 02:20 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nubi Quote
You know, I thought they hit a home run with K10D when it came out and won a bunch of awards. Then we now have K-7. Awesome. Certainly looks like the company is moving in the right direction, but it seems like it is mainly for us Pentaxians. Does the company have any more share than they did back they when K10D came out? Maybe this is a losing battle; no matter how good your products are, you just cannot go beyond Goliath(s)???
The K10D won the TIPA Award for 2007 & was praised worldwide.

This was the dslr touted to make Pentax become a player - yet it didn't.

20D was the first with a 14mp cmos sensor & lens focus calibration - still nothing

K7 - the smallest, semi-pro dslr out there - still not much love goin on

Maybe Pentax marketing/sales guru's should be looking at the WHY?

My son (22) thinks the Red Kx is ultra cool - BUT - the moment he found out that it didn't have highlighted focus points his enthusiasm cooled dramatically.

I can say right now that if the kx had focus points and a quieter shutter it would be just better.
04-22-2010, 05:41 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Maybe they'd listen and start doing some marketing as well as get the PnS/Glass issue resolved if everyone at this forum started messaging them on their facebook page. I don't that that would work but seriously Pentax, get your act together.
04-22-2010, 07:40 PM   #11

QuoteOriginally posted by Nubi Quote
And maybe these killer cameras the world should love but only us Pentaxians care about is, the least, making sure we stay Pentaxians and don't jump ship.
04-22-2010, 07:55 PM   #12

I had too have the K2000 last year when it came out .I spent way too much.I wish I would have waited for the K-x, now I am layed off so I can't get anything else, not even an extra lense or two.I would like to have video but who cares now.
04-22-2010, 08:06 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by paulbald2 Quote
I had too have the K2000 last year when it came out .I spent way too much.I wish I would have waited for the K-x, now I am layed off so I can't get anything else, not even an extra lense or two.I would like to have video but who cares now.
I bought the K2000, and sold it when the K-x was announced because I knew it was what I wanted.

Those months without a camera were devastating.
04-23-2010, 02:23 AM   #14

award

Hey this is great news. I notice a guy this morning taking photos in the streets of Melbourne with a white K-X, being an owner of a K-X as well put a smile on my face.

Well done Pentax.
04-23-2010, 08:00 AM   #15

QuoteQuote:
I agree, i recently purchased a Canon Powershot s90 as i wanted a quality P&S to have on me at all times, there s very little out there in this sector and a Pentax with a 5x zoom 12 MP and psam modes would sell like hot cakes.