Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  
K-30 @ $676usd, da18-135wr @ $334usd!
Posted By: frank, 07-20-2012, 07:42 AM

Guess you guys wanna check these deals out: K-30 selling @ $850SGD (~$676USD), DA18-135WR @ $420SGD (~$334USD):

Pentax Web Store

Free worldwide Express shipping included too!

Good for you guys from out side Singapore. For us locals in Singapore we have to add GST
Views: 21,028
07-26-2012, 06:18 AM   #91

How long between placing the order and a FedEx tracking number? My order status is still "confirmed" not shipped

07-26-2012, 06:26 AM   #92

QuoteOriginally posted by junototoro Quote
How long between placing the order and a FedEx tracking number? My order status is still "confirmed" not shipped
I ordered on Saturday. Got tracking number last night at 12AM.
07-26-2012, 06:28 AM   #93
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by metalmania Quote
I ordered on Saturday. Got tracking number last night at 12AM.
Oh my, it's going to be a long week or so.... I just ordered yesterday, too.
07-26-2012, 07:47 AM   #94
Forum Member

For canadian buyers, the link below may be useful in case.

How to self clear shipment at CBSA and avoid UPS/FedEx brokerage fees | Trueler

07-26-2012, 07:59 AM   #95
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.T Quote

Very useful thanks

I almost always will only buy using postal delivery because canada post doesn't screw you over like the couriers

the fact i could self clear is excellent

(I use a broker at work to do this. they cost more for low value shipments, but on the high value are a substantial savings. I pay a flat rate for the brokerage and most shipments at work are high value (between 8-20000)
07-26-2012, 08:01 AM   #96

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.T Quote

Seems like they're shipping with FedEx? I may be wrong, but if that's the case, would the above apply? Came across this article as well but not sure we can leverage it.

Trying to do my due diligence as i'm very tempted to buy from the Singapore site. I did notice on the Pentax Canada site that the extended 2 year warranty only applies to products purchased in Canada. Also, that international purchases would be subject to a $50 handling fee on warranty claims. Not sure if people are being told differently from CSRs. Anyone have experience with this? Lots of savings to be had...
07-26-2012, 08:10 AM   #97
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wilbo Quote
Seems like they're shipping with FedEx? I may be wrong, but if that's the case, would the above apply? Came across this article as well but not sure we can leverage it.

Trying to do my due diligence as i'm very tempted to buy from the Singapore site. I did notice on the Pentax Canada site that the extended 2 year warranty only applies to products purchased in Canada. Also, that international purchases would be subject to a $50 handling fee on warranty claims. Not sure if people are being told differently from CSRs. Anyone have experience with this? Lots of savings to be had...
The procedure for FedEx is very simiar with UPS.
You may find some other useful info through that link like this:

UPS/FedEx Brokerage Fee ? avoid scam (Canada) | Trueler

07-26-2012, 08:12 AM   #98
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wilbo Quote

international warranty pentax canada applies a $50 fee, it is 1 year (the additional year is a pentax canada thing)
07-26-2012, 05:32 PM   #99
Veteran Member

Congratulations to both the new owners (or soon to be) of the Pentax deals from Singapore and to the Singapore distributor for being so responsive and offering such excellent service!
07-26-2012, 09:33 PM   #100
Veteran Member

Very sad to report that I just got an email indicating they are out of stock of K-30s due to so many orders. They are expecting another shipment in 7-10 days. I said to go ahead and keep my order active but if there would be any more delay to please let me know. So disappointing as I thought I'd have my K-30 soon....
07-27-2012, 12:51 AM   #101
Veteran Member

Just FYI, my 18-135 WR arrived today via Fedex from pentaxwebstore.sg. Packaged reasonably well, with literally miles of adhesive tape around it, and adequately protected against shock and box damage. Came with a useful sticker on it too: "FRAGILE - Please do not throw".

Even though it is an unbox item, lens is pristine and came with an operating manual, serial number card and a warranty card from Emjay that offers 6 months international warranty or 12 months local (presumably Singapore) warranty. The warranty card needs to be sent back to Emjay in SG 'within 14 days from the date of purchase' but for international orders this seems somewhat unreasonable. I trust they will be flexible about that timeframe.

The lens itself is very nice. Focus is so quiet! No optical or focus problems that I can detect.
07-27-2012, 12:58 AM   #102

Great to hear! I noticed that the price for this lens has gone up to SGD$450 today

Can't wait for them to ship mine..
07-27-2012, 03:03 AM   #103

I ordered the lens on 26 July and they've already shipped it on 27 July. Wow... Lightening speed
07-27-2012, 03:20 AM   #104
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
payment?

QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
Very sad to report that I just got an email indicating they are out of stock of K-30s due to so many orders. They are expecting another shipment in 7-10 days. I said to go ahead and keep my order active but if there would be any more delay to please let me know. So disappointing as I thought I'd have my K-30 soon....
Curious if they charged your paypal account or not in the meantime???
07-27-2012, 04:45 AM   #105
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by goldenarrow Quote
Curious if they charged your paypal account or not in the meantime???
Yes, they did. But I'm not aware of any other way to do it. PayPal is the only payment option when ordering from them online and PayPal always charges you immediately, at least as far as I know. I suppose they could refund me the money until they get the camera in stock, but I'm not sure if that would incur extra fees for both of us.

At this point, I'm just hoping they get the camera back in stock in the timeframe they indicated. Practically speaking, I have a camera so I don't need to be in any hurry. But of course, this is quite disappointing since I was getting pretty excited about trying out my new toy.

Anyway, for those considering ordering from them in the future, you might write and explicitly ask if the item you are ordering is in stock before placing the order. I'd had several email communications prior to ordering and they never indicated stock was low or out, but I did not specifically ask them.