Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
(Black Friday) Pentax DA* 50-135mm: $749 ($848 off!!)
Posted By: Adam, 11-22-2012, 11:48 PM

Fair DA* pricing returns!

Pentax SMCP-DA* 50-135mm f/2.8 ED (IF) SDM Autofocus Lens 21660

Views: 2,123
11-23-2012, 12:08 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Snagged one

Thanks Adam for staying up late to post these. I just got one of these, $749 free shipping a lot better than $1200 - 1300.

11-23-2012, 06:03 AM   #3

you are killing meee
11-23-2012, 12:55 PM - 1 Like   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Vindemiatrix Quote
you are killing meee
Would $679 for the lens when purchased with a K-5 II be killing you too?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-23-2012, 06:58 PM   #5

Can't order this at B&H... Not on sale at Adorma... How do you go about getting the Black Friday price?
11-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DebLewis Quote
Can't order this at B&H... Not on sale at Adorma... How do you go about getting the Black Friday price?
Either wait until 5:45 eastern time tomorrow for B&H, or wait to see if Adorama makes good on the prices on Monday.

Prices from both vendors are supposed to be good until Monday night as long as their stock holds.
11-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Prices from both vendors are supposed to be good until Monday night as long as their stock holds.
That's a question - will they honor these prices on back-ordered lenses? Cause I don't want to leap on the 50-135 yet - I want to wait and see if they can be persuaded to lower the FA Ltds, too!

11-23-2012, 07:48 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ecaterin Quote
That's a question - will they honor these prices on back-ordered lenses? Cause I don't want to leap on the 50-135 yet - I want to wait and see if they can be persuaded to lower the FA Ltds, too!
That's a question that only Adam or B&H can answer.

In reading the many Black Friday posts today (head spin?), I do remember it being said somewhere that the Black Friday prices are only good for stock items. But that may have been about the K-5IIs.....

I really hope you can get a deal on the 77 - I know what it's like when one gets one mind set on something.......
11-23-2012, 08:14 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
That's a question that only Adam or B&H can answer.

In reading the many Black Friday posts today (head spin?), I do remember it being said somewhere that the Black Friday prices are only good for stock items. But that may have been about the K-5IIs.....

I really hope you can get a deal on the 77 - I know what it's like when one gets one mind set on something.......
HEAD SPIN INDEED :P Thank you - that 77 has been haunting me for several years now, and every time I'm ready to buy it, I chicken out This week I'm feeling brave! Adorama or B&H should cash in on that!
11-23-2012, 08:55 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ecaterin Quote
HEAD SPIN INDEED :P Thank you - that 77 has been haunting me for several years now, and every time I'm ready to buy it, I chicken out This week I'm feeling brave! Adorama or B&H should cash in on that!
Well it really, I mean really helps when you get a good deal on a lens that you covet and know you will keep for a long time. I was quite proud of my shopping abilities when looking at these Black Friday prices today - the Pentax lenses that I did buy new were still a little less than what was offered today - a good feeling!

But, I still have to control myself until Monday night......I have gathered my perfect setup as far as Pentax lenses and should be set for a long time, but with these prices...........so tempting to add another!
11-23-2012, 09:43 PM   #11

since the site is down and you can't order properly I think it'd be nice if they honored it even if it runs out of stock..
11-26-2012, 01:07 PM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
This deal expires tonight, FYI. Take it or leave it!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-26-2012, 08:50 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
This deal expires tonight, FYI. Take it or leave it!
I took it. I tried to resist, I really did. I was walking away from it. But my precious darling, exquisitely beautiful, and eternally youthful wife said I'd be a damned fool to not take advantage. I had no rebuttal.

I really hope the sales figures on both the 50~135 & 16~50 during this promotion were staggering. Pentax needs a wake-up call on lens pricing. I'm not saying that $750 isn't one hell of a deal for either of these lenses. I'm simply saying that $1500 is at least $500 too high with a pitiful 1 year warranty backing them up.
11-27-2012, 04:40 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What were the "back-door" sales going for before though? I thought if you called up B and H, they would sell you the 50-135 for 900-ish, although they wouldn't advertise such a price on the internet. That seems to be the only way around the MAP for now. I think 850 or 900 is a reasonable amount to pay for what the 50-135 is. 750 is a great deal!
11-27-2012, 07:34 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I don't know what the back-door price on this was, either, but I was looking to get this one on my credit card rewards in a few months. For some reason, the number of points to buy this one was far more reasonable than for the 16-50, especially considering they were almost the same price on this special.