Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
10-17-2011, 05:06 AM - 2 Likes   #1

Long Pentax Q Review on YouTube

Here's my review of the camera. Still didn't get to cover everything but may make a second part.

Last edited by knightzerox; 10-18-2011 at 01:09 PM.
10-18-2011, 08:52 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Thanks for taking the time to do this review. I was considering getting the Fuji X10 as my take-everywhere camera, but I think the Q beats it for flexibility.

Adam
10-19-2011, 08:02 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Photong Quote
Thanks for taking the time to do this review. I was considering getting the Fuji X10 as my take-everywhere camera, but I think the Q beats it for flexibility.

Adam
You're welcome, I'm glad it helped give you the information you need to decided on a camera. I really like it a lot so far. There's only a few negatives which I'm sure if they make a Q2 can be fixed easily.
10-19-2011, 11:31 PM   #4

Wow, thats the longest review I ever watched. I had to take a coffe break, Lunch break and do some streching
I don't know how you do it. You must be a hard worker and passionate. I would think that someone have to be extremly interested in this camera (like me) to sit through the whole thing. Great job though, I think your review is the best. I learn much more about the camera from your review than any other. Thank you.

J

10-20-2011, 05:36 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Excellent job but long review is an understatement. It took me 3 days to finish it I had to split it up in sections. But really good work and informative as I have not been able to find a q locally to play around with this gives me a good idea of it functionality. Thank you.
10-20-2011, 06:06 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jacobsr Quote
Wow, thats the longest review I ever watched. I had to take a coffe break, Lunch break and do some streching
I don't know how you do it. You must be a hard worker and passionate. I would think that someone have to be extremly interested in this camera (like me) to sit through the whole thing. Great job though, I think your review is the best. I learn much more about the camera from your review than any other. Thank you.

J
Thank you for the compliments, it really helps make doing these kinds of things worthwhile and thank you for making it through the whole review!

I do it because I care and I'm passionate about getting the right information out to people versus what most review sites put out these days. I did my first camera review a while back because all I could find was people just repeating back the spec sheets with no information which got frustrating. It felt like no one actually reviews camera's anymore.

I understand that most of the reviewers are given a camera, spend 10-15 minutes with it, make a quick video or review, and move on to the next gadget and that they are in business to make money. They aren't in business to give informative helpful reviews to customers

I'm glad you learned more about the camera, which was the point of it all. Hopefully it can help you and others decided if it's the right camera for you.
10-20-2011, 06:09 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by epqwerty Quote
Excellent job but long review is an understatement. It took me 3 days to finish it I had to split it up in sections. But really good work and informative as I have not been able to find a q locally to play around with this gives me a good idea of it functionality. Thank you.
Thank you and you're welcome! I understand the video is long, I tend to talk too much but there is so much to cover for that camera. I didn't even get a chance to go deep into image comparison on IQ but just had to cut it short to " yes, it's as good as a K-x in RAW and very good JPEGS".

10-20-2011, 06:47 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice, thanks...waiting for Pt2.
10-20-2011, 07:08 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I wish there were other reviews with this level of simplicity and detail. Thanks.
10-20-2011, 08:15 PM   #10

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. I'll be doing a part two to cover anything I missed and also talk about the C mount and K mount lenses as soon as I get my C mount adapter. I think mine is lost in the mail and may have to order another one from someone else.