Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-22-2011, 06:50 PM   #1

Pentax Q Photo Shoot: B&W

Here's my photo shoot today with the Pentax Q. Overall I'm really happy with the images and the amount of good shots I got. I never had a problem making the camera work the way I wanted and quality of all the images are excellent.

I used the B&W smart effect for all the shots and updated the shadows in post process for the first few tree shots and one or two made the contrast slightly higher. Other than that, they are straight from the Q as is.

A Walk Down Congress Avenue: Pentax Q Photo Shoot | The Eccentric Apprentice

10-22-2011, 06:59 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Nice shoot -- and I'll bet that you wouldn't have attempted some of those shots with a larger camera. There's something about a small camera that feels more intimate and immediate, with less between you and the outside world than the barrier of a larger camera+lens setup.
10-22-2011, 07:18 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Nice shoot -- and I'll bet that you wouldn't have attempted some of those shots with a larger camera. There's something about a small camera that feels more intimate and immediate, with less between you and the outside world than the barrier of a larger camera+lens setup.
Thank you! That's100% true. I was planning on bringing my K-x and similar lens setup along which would have made me bring my large camera backpack to put everything in. I was hoping to do more comparison shots and use the K- when I wanted a shallower DOF, I'm extremely glad I didn't bring it because after 3 hours walking around in 95 degree weather the last thing I wanted was more weight and bulk. I was able to fit and carry everything in a pair of cargo shorts and walk around without anyone knowing I even had a camera with me and 3 lenses. I even had a mini tripod with me for the Q in case I needed it.
10-22-2011, 07:21 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by knightzerox Quote
Here's my photo shoot today with the Pentax Q. Overall I'm really happy with the images and the amount of good shots I got. I never had a problem making the camera work the way I wanted and quality of all the images are excellent.

I used the B&W smart effect for all the shots and updated the shadows in post process for the first few tree shots and one or two made the contrast slightly higher. Other than that, they are straight from the Q as is.

A Walk Down Congress Avenue: Pentax Q Photo Shoot | The Eccentric Apprentice
If your job is selling Pentax Qs I think you're doing a good job. You've got a good eye and those black and whites are dynamite.

10-22-2011, 08:25 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
If your job is selling Pentax Qs I think you're doing a good job. You've got a good eye and those black and whites are dynamite.
Thank you very much. I tried my best to take some compelling good photos to show that the Q is quite capable. And since you mentioned me trying to sell the Q, I did a quick Photoshop on one of the photos. Though I should probably take it down soon before I get sued by Pentax ha.

Name:  QAd.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  109.4 KB
10-23-2011, 05:44 PM   #6
Site Supporter

very nice shots!!! mine still here and I didn't have much time to use for Street photography.....
10-23-2011, 05:50 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ricardsonwilliams Quote
very nice shots!!! mine still here and I didn't have much time to use for Street photography.....
Thank you! The Q is pretty nice for street photography due to it's size being very discreet. Even with larger lens, it's very easy to sneak in and take shots with out too many people feeling uncomfortable.