Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #16
Riv

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
it looks so close to being able to hold the Q w/01 mounted and the 02 in front of it verticle (at least with after market caps).

11-21-2012, 12:18 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Received my bag today. It's really small but nice all the same. The lack of a belt loop and not being able to detach the shoulder straps is a bit of a bummer. I will most likely continue to use the Dashpoint 20 from Lowepro since it's just a much more convenient bag but this one is fairly fashionable so I could see using it from time to time. I like the look of the white version of the European bag. I almost tried to import it today from Amazon UK but the shipping was twice the price of the bag! Still seems way more practical than the leatherette shoulder bag.
11-21-2012, 01:30 AM   #18
Inactive Account

This bag looks perfect for my daily grind as I am finding the Q abit big in the suit trouser pocket when I'm without a jacket- I love how its 'grip side up' for a fast draw. Thanks for posting!
11-21-2012, 02:08 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Riv Quote
Edit: Check out what this guy is using (just past half way down the page), reminds me of that 'hey buddy, you wanna buy a watch?'
www.pentax.jp/japan/news/2012/20121023.html
Ya thats crazy, looks like the inside of a jewelers jacket. Looks like the lower set is the Q lenses and the upper set might be assorted C mount lenses.

11-23-2012, 05:57 AM   #20

Just got the Q with the 02 Standard Zoom for my mom for Christmas. I'm debating whether to get the shoulder bag or the brown case someone else posted about.

I wondered if some Pentax Q shooters who have had a chance to use both bag and case had a preference?
11-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #21
Riv

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by saff Quote
Just got the Q with the 02 Standard Zoom for my mom for Christmas. I'm debating whether to get the shoulder bag or the brown case someone else posted about.

I wondered if some Pentax Q shooters who have had a chance to use both bag and case had a preference?
I'm not completely sure which other case your referring to, but if you don't see your Mom getting more lenses and other accessories then I'd think this case would be good. It's less utilitarian than a typical bag which your Mom might like. That's assuming she'd be ok carrying a second battery in her pocket/purse. That might be room in this case for a spare battery, I don't have mine yet to know for sure. But the charger definitely won't fit. Hope that helps.
11-24-2012, 03:48 PM   #22

Whoops, the other case I was referring to was in a separate thread (http://www.orchidspace.cn/uploadpic/Photos/US/camera_case/PentaxQ/Pentax_Q_br_5.jpg).
I was thinking more in terms of ease of getting it in and out to shoot, etc., and protection. I don't think she'll be taking too many accessories with her when she goes out.
Thanks for the response!

11-26-2012, 08:02 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Anyone have any ideas where I can get the European Q bag without having to pay an inordinate amount on shipping fees? Almost ordered the white one from Amazon UK but they wanted twice the price of the bag just to ship it. Ridiculous....
11-26-2012, 08:20 PM   #24
Riv

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by saff Quote
Whoops, the other case I was referring to was in a separate thread (http://www.orchidspace.cn/uploadpic/Photos/US/camera_case/PentaxQ/Pentax_Q_br_5.jpg).
I was thinking more in terms of ease of getting it in and out to shoot, etc., and protection. I don't think she'll be taking too many accessories with her when she goes out.
Thanks for the response!
Be aware that clam shell comes in two styles, one for the primes and one for the 02 zoom (which that picture is of). The shoulder bag IMHO would easier to use overall. If I hazard a guess, she would probably prefer the style of bag over the contoured shape of the clam shell.
04-05-2013, 02:55 AM   #25
Forum Member

Pico in the description of the product says: "Movable interior divider". So in the bag are place for the Q and 2 lenses.
I like this bag and it's cheap. Is a leather strap? or only the bag is leather?
04-05-2013, 03:21 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Try this bag, Pentax made and real leather for less than 10 bucks Amazon.com: Pentax PTX-L80 Soft Leather Case for Optio MX Digital Cameras: Camera & Photo

It holds the Q with any Q lens mounted, with spare Q lens, and even has space to carry spare batteries, has a belt loop and a shoulder strap.

Last edited by selar; 04-05-2013 at 03:53 AM.
04-05-2013, 05:03 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by selar Quote
Try this bag, Pentax made and real leather for less than 10 bucks Amazon.com: Pentax PTX-L80 Soft Leather Case for Optio MX Digital Cameras: Camera & Photo

It holds the Q with any Q lens mounted, with spare Q lens, and even has space to carry spare batteries, has a belt loop and a shoulder strap.
I use this on a daily basis. I have a long Barton braided strap as the shoulder strap.
04-12-2013, 07:49 PM   #28
Forum Member

Pentax Q Multi-bag pointed out by pico: Pentax Multi-Bag for Q Compact System Camera - Grey : Pentax Ships from England to US for just under 60USD total.

I use the PTX-L80 as well. Very nice for 10USD. The vintage shoulder bag is a little tempting.....