Photos: Gallery | Albums
Q7 Specs according to Digicame-info

Please see the actual release and Specs located here:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-q/227792-pentax-q7-announced.html

New image and specs of Pentax Q7

• Specifications of the Pentax Q7 are as follows

- 12.4 million pixel 1/1.7 type CMOS sensor Effective
    - New high-speed image processing engine "Q ENGINE"
    - Possible focusing even EV0 ranging area of ​​25 division, AF performance is improved AF
    - ISO sensitivity 100-12800
    - 30 seconds to 1/2000 second shutter lens, shutter speed up to 1/8000 sec electronic shutter combination
    - Improved the performance of the camera shake correction SR, possible correction of about three stages of
    - Improved full HD · 30fps, a high sensitivity noise, video corresponds to the ISO12800
    - Interval HD movie recording function
    - AF can be in moving pictures
    - Continuous shooting 5 frames / second highest
    - Monitor 460,000 dot 3.0-inch
    - Blur control function
    - DR II (Dust Removal II)
    - SD / SDHC / SDXC, media Eye-Fi linkage function
    - Dimensions: 102.0 x 58.0 x 33.5mm
    - 180g Weight (body only), (battery, media included) 200g
    - Only the body is around 40,000 yen, estimated retail price of ¥ 50,000 before and after the zoom lens kit
This is the information credible. Although does not seem to have changed little is the new Q7, appearance and Q10. It looks good even if I say the sensor is larger, image processing engine also because it is change, contents and full model change. It is the impression in addition to AF performance and high sensitivity performance, performance due to an improved also SR, Q7 of time that has evolved considerably as a whole.
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------
The person who was sending me the information and images, thank you.

Last edited by Docrwm; 06-12-2013 at 03:51 PM.
06-12-2013, 04:34 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
sounds good to me

the price seems not to high for a realease price !
06-12-2013, 06:43 AM   #3

Not enough for me to upgrade from the Original Q. I'll wait for the next update and hopefully a higher res LCD screen and better video capabilities. Talking of video, I think the Q has a lot of potential as pocket video cam.
06-12-2013, 06:48 AM   #4
Pentaxian

"AF can be in moving pictures"

About time for Pentax to add this to *any* of their cameras... Mirrorless even more so!

06-12-2013, 06:53 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

$415 body only? I'll sell one of my Qs to try this one.
Liking the silver version.
06-12-2013, 06:56 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
$415 body only? I'll sell one of my Qs to try this one.
Liking the silver version.
It's a much more reasonable entry price than the original or the Q10 for that matter.
06-12-2013, 07:41 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Max ISO is pretty high, hopefully it will perform better at high ISO than the previous Q incarnations.

06-12-2013, 07:47 AM   #8
Pentaxian

I have not yet seen the word 'backlit' (or similar phrase) about the sensor - I believe that feature makes the Q what it is.
Maybe it goes without saying nowadays, but I'd really like it said!
06-12-2013, 08:20 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The lens seems to be different from my 01 lens. The lens element in the front is smaller and more recessed on this one.
06-12-2013, 08:27 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
I have not yet seen the word 'backlit' (or similar phrase) about the sensor - I believe that feature makes the Q what it is.
Maybe it goes without saying nowadays, but I'd really like it said!
Specs on sensor and shutter look just like the MX-1

In the table below you'll find the MX-1's key specifications.
Megapixels 12.0 (effective), 4000x3000 pixels
Sensor Type
1/1.7" back-lit CMOS
ISO Range 100-12,800
Shutter Speeds
30s - 1/2000s (mechanical)
30s - 1/8000s (electronic)
06-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #11
Veteran Member

For me, with the same LCD, Peaking and/or magnified focus assist would have to be significantly improved to temp me. High ISO for the larger format would have to be a significant improvement to sacrifice over 20% in reach for adapted lenses. AF in video is intriguing, as is possible better low light AF and possible faster in-camera processing. External flash protocols would also have to be imrpoved. These specs are not compelling enough for me to preorder one, but I'll be interested enough to try one when they become available.

Scott
06-12-2013, 08:31 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by snostorm Quote
For me, with the same LCD, Peaking and/or magnified focus assist would have to be significantly improved to temp me. High ISO for the larger format would have to be a significant improvement to sacrifice over 20% in reach for adapted lenses. AF in video is intriguing, as is possible better low light AF and possible faster in-camera processing. External flash protocols would also have to be imrpoved. These specs are not compelling enough for me to preorder one, but I'll be interested enough to try one when they become available.

Scott
Scott,
I agree with you and think that Pentax is using the MX-1 sensor in this and taking advantage of their R&D with that format for 2 cameras. I'm going to wait to see what others think of it once it's in their hands.
-Robert
06-12-2013, 09:01 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Scott,
I agree with you and think that Pentax is using the MX-1 sensor in this and taking advantage of their R&D with that format for 2 cameras. I'm going to wait to see what others think of it once it's in their hands.
-Robert
Hi Robert,

My concern with the format change is that future development of the sensors in this format is about 3 years behind the much more common 1/2.3". It likely will never catch up because so few cameras are using 1/1.7" unless the new cameras in this format really catch on, or if camera phones start using this format.

On the other hand, the larger sensor negates a main objection of those who believe that the larger format sensor must be better, so this might expand sales of the Q system and ensure its continued development, and that's a good thing, IMO, so I'm a little torn.

There might be a hidden benefit for original Q users though. The format change makes the OEM optical VF obsolete because the 01 Prime will no longer match the FOV (the 47mm EQ 8.5mm becomes a 39mm EQ), so leftover stock might be offered in a fire sale to clear them out.

Scott
06-12-2013, 09:11 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hi Robert,

My concern with the format change is that future development of the sensors in this format is about 3 years behind the much more common 1/2.3". It likely will never catch up because so few cameras are using 1/1.7" unless the new cameras in this format really catch on, or if camera phones start using this format.

On the other hand, the larger sensor negates a main objection of those who believe that the larger format sensor must be better, so this might expand sales of the Q system and ensure its continued development, and that's a good thing, IMO, so I'm a little torn.

There might be a hidden benefit for original Q users though. The format change makes the OEM optical VF obsolete because the 01 Prime will no longer match the FOV (the 47mm EQ 8.5mm becomes a 39mm EQ), so leftover stock might be offered in a fire sale to clear them out.

Scott
I like how you think. I have a nice viewfinder but the OEM model going on sale would be nice. I don't think I will get rid of both Qs even if the Q7 is terrific because of the crop factor issue. As for larger sensors, I don't think that is possible AND still have SR in camera. I realize that physically a 1" sensor MIGHT fit but there would no longer be space for the magnetic floating mechanism to work as far as I can tell. Basically, for me its a wait and see. But I do like that Pentax is still working with the Q format and keeping the lenses alive. This bodes well for the future of the Q and despite what some have incorrectly asserted here on PF, the Q is one of Pentax's best hits in recent times in the Home and the broader Asian market.
06-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
sacrifice over 20% in reach for adapted lenses.
Given the pixel quality on the current Q with most adapted lenses I doubt you're sacrificing much, if anything, from this pixel size increase.

QuoteOriginally posted by StigVidar Quote
The lens seems to be different from my 01 lens. The lens element in the front is smaller and more recessed on this one.
It looks the same to me, are you maybe looking right through the front element without noticing it? Something behind it is rather more noticeable in this image.