Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-23-2010, 01:40 PM   #76

Quick done DA14 profile.

f/11,1m,only geometry.

Last edited by darky_mtp; 08-31-2010 at 10:40 AM.
08-23-2010, 09:57 PM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mtngal Quote
Ask and you shall receive. Here's a profile for the 77 Ltd. In looking at the charts in LR, the lens has little CA or geometric distortion. The profile seemed to mostly correct some vignetting I had never particularly noticed with the lens. I used 3 apertures (f1.8, f8. f18) at 2 different distances. I actually did two profiles - I forgot to turn off SR when I was shooting the first one and some of the pictures were fuzzy. I've become a believer that you should turn off SR when using a tripod.

I'd be interested what others think of it - I'm not sure this lens really needs a profile, there's not as big a change in the pictures, compared to the other profiles I've done/used.
Thanks i will let you know of my results.
08-27-2010, 01:06 AM   #78

Hi, anyone with a profile for SMCP-FA 50mm f/1.4?
08-27-2010, 04:24 PM   #79
Administrator
Site Webmaster

An article should be started in our Pentax articles section with an OVERVIEW of these profiles. You should either link to pre-existing attached profiles here on the forum, or simply add them as attachments to the new thread itself.

Note: they should be uploaded in .zip archives.

I will give cookies to whoever decides to do this!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-27-2010, 04:44 PM   #80
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Glen Quote
As recommended above, I did e-mail Pentax about the Lightroom 3 lens profiles. In my case that was Pentax Canada. Here is the response I received very shortly after I sent it.
Well at least you got a reply from them.... emailing Pentax Canada has been beyond useless for me.

I emailed Pentax Canada a few times with issues and questions about equipment I bought and never got a response or even acknowledgement... I was NOT impressed.

Pat
08-27-2010, 06:49 PM   #81
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
An article should be started in our Pentax articles section with an OVERVIEW of these profiles.
This would improve the situation for now, but wouldn't it be better in the long run to allow users to attach profiles to lens descriptions? Not to individual reviews as this would imply searching through reviews again, but wouldn't it be nice if one could go to a lens in the lens database and then choose from a set alternative profiles made available by different users?
08-27-2010, 09:25 PM   #82
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
An article should be started in our Pentax articles section with an OVERVIEW of these profiles. You should either link to pre-existing attached profiles here on the forum, or simply add them as attachments to the new thread itself.

Note: they should be uploaded in .zip archives.

I will give cookies to whoever decides to do this!
I'll bite, as I'd like to see them better organized for easy access. Which articles section would be best to post it in, though? Lens seems to make sense from one point of view, but then from another point of view it's specific to one software package, so maybe post-processing would be more appropriate?

Let me know, though, and I'll assemble something. (Don't have the time or equipment to hand to make the profiles myself, so helping organize them is the least I can do to thank the folks making the profiles...)

08-30-2010, 10:50 PM   #83
Pentaxian

Original Poster
The final release of LR3.2 has added support for a number of Tamron lenses:

Pentax TAMRON 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 DiII A14P
Pentax TAMRON 18-250mm F/3.5-6.3 DiII A18P
Pentax TAMRON 28-200mm F/3.8-5.6 Di A031P
Pentax TAMRON 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 Di A061P
Pentax TAMRON 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di A17P
Pentax TAMRON SP 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 DiII B001P
Pentax TAMRON SP 17-50mm F/2.8 DiII A16P
Pentax TAMRON SP 28-75mm F/2.8 Di A09P
Pentax TAMRON SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di A001P
Pentax TAMRON SP 90mm F/2.8 Di MACRO 1:1 272EP

There is a note stating
"NOTE: The Pentax, Tamron and Zeiss profiles are the result of collaboration between Adobe and the respective lens manufacturer."
08-31-2010, 08:02 AM   #84
Veteran Member

We now have an article summarizing the profiles announced in this thread, which can be found here (work-in-progress, I'm still culling profiles from other threads -- let me know if any are missing!):

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-processing-articles/112707-adobe-len...ml#post1161834

To the profile authors: I'll be sending out messages with requests to include your profiles directly in that article as attachments, but if you want to let me know before I've gotten a chance to contact you, feel free! ;-)
09-01-2010, 01:02 AM   #85

Photos: Albums
first of all thanks for all the work
I have tried various profiles and they work great. all except the smc PENTAX DA 55-300mm F4-5.8 ED
It just does not show in the available lenses in lr
I am using lr3 with xp sp3
any ideas from anyone what I am doing wrong?
thanks
darryl

Last edited by darryl; 09-03-2010 at 05:02 PM.
09-07-2010, 01:11 PM   #86
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote

Now comes my question:

The settings do contain the lens alignment error too ("ImageX/YCenter"). And Ishpuini lens has about 2.5% misalignment which is probably a good value (the center is shifted to the lower left). An alternate explaination would be that the K-7 sensor isn't exactly aligned with the optical axis. The deviation corresponds to about 50 pixels. A distance easily travelled by the SR mechanism. So, with SR, the lens is never aligned anyway ... But even w/o SR, does the K-7 lock the sensor at exactly the same position for every camera?

So, does it make sense to use the alignment measure for other samples of a lens? Or would it be better to edit the lcp file and reset these values to 0.5? Or to the "SR locking value" of one own's K-7? And does it matter at all?
Falk i have just thought, with Pentax they calibrate the VF, by offsetting the centre point of the sensor with the SR system.
09-07-2010, 04:02 PM   #87
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cideway Quote
Falk i have just thought, with Pentax they calibrate the VF, by offsetting the centre point of the sensor with the SR system.
If this is true, then one should patch a lens profile to contain the own camera's point of origin. But how is it known? At least, resetting to zero may be better than leaving the value for somebody else's camera...

If it has any visible impact at all, of course...
09-12-2010, 05:07 PM   #88

I'd like to download the profile that Ishtuini put up for the DA21mm but when I click the link it takes me to a page of code, not a downloadable file. What am I supposed to do with the raw code?
09-12-2010, 07:11 PM   #89
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lectrolink Quote
I'd like to download the profile that Ishtuini put up for the DA21mm but when I click the link it takes me to a page of code, not a downloadable file. What am I supposed to do with the raw code?
Right-click on the link and select "Save As" or your browser's equivalent, then save the file with a .lcp extension. It's not been zipped, and so his (?) server doesn't know how to handle it, and displays it as text.
09-19-2010, 05:15 PM   #90
Veteran Member

Another Request

I'm still hoping that somebody out there will create a profile for my DA 17-70 and my FA 43.