Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2010, 05:09 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
CZ Tessar 50mm/2.8 - any experiences?

I have come across this lens for tempting price and being heavy LBA sufferer I'm thinking of it...
I just can't find any reviews on digital. I've seen few for film cameras and some sample shots, but I'm wondering if anybody has experiences with this lens on K mount digital (or other system in digital)?#

any help & pointers appreciated

06-29-2010, 05:15 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I don't have any personal experience with this lens but in my experience, the easiest way to get sample images is to search Flickr.

tessar 50mm 2.8 - Flickr: Search

Looks like a very nice lens.
06-29-2010, 07:39 AM   #3
Veteran Member

The Tessar 50 is pretty nice--I think the most fun part about it is the closer focusing distance relative to most fifties, and since you have the K 50 1.2, you won't gain in any other department.

It has nice colour though, and is sharp enough wide open. I found it underexposed a bit wide open for whatever reason. It has a 5-bladed aperture, which might not appeal to you, but it has pretty nice bokeh close-up. Truly, I only got this for its close focusing and ended up getting a macro later that replaced it so I only have close-up pics from it, but here are a few (focus was a little sloppy, but it'll give you an idea):

06-29-2010, 09:25 AM   #4
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks farfisa....
one more department where I think I'd gain would be portability since I expect the Tessar to be roughly the size of 43ltd. I just thought I'd get it for fun... lately (and mmostly thanks to the amazing grace that the K50/1.2 is) I have been enjoying 50mm focal length quite a bit

06-29-2010, 11:05 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Definitely portable and a fun lens. If it's also cheap, I won't talk you out of it!
06-29-2010, 11:42 AM   #6
Veteran Member

It's a pretty interesting lens - Gus has my copy now.