Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2010, 02:10 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
DA L 35mm F2.4 Custom color ?

The DA L 35mm is not on top of my list, but wait.........just discovered they will make custom color 35's in Japan starting in mid -Nov ! It's time to call up my friend in Tokyo to get a special one to match my Orange/Blue K-x !!!

Link: K-r?????????????PENTAX

I wonder when will they make that available in US and the color options on other lens !

Last edited by taiweitai; 09-12-2010 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Add pic
09-12-2010, 02:37 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

They're only going the whole color thing for the kit lens as well as this one, AFAIK. And it looks like they'll be available in November.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-12-2010, 04:57 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Options for the K-r in the UK and USA are black, white or red. This might be supplemented by others down the line, as they did with the K-x.

But the lens? Who knows?
09-12-2010, 05:00 PM   #4

Original Poster
I hope Pentax would be kind enough to offer this lens seperately and market this len to the rest of the world beside their own domestic market......hope they are considering their k-x customer who also has their wild color need as well

09-14-2010, 04:44 PM   #5

Original Poster
Went to the Japanese Pentax site today and here is what i have found out :

1. Seems like they are not going to offer the DA L 18-55mm in any other color but black or white. The white DA L 18-55 has to go with white body and black grip (same as what they used to offered for the jap k-x package) The Red DA L 18-55mm seems like it has been discontinued (also seen that on the US site)

2. The colored DA L 35mm will be available in mid November and it will be sold seperately by itself. The Japanese pentax store are able to take order now and it priced for 24800 Yen ($300us !)

Can't wait to see the street price for the colored DAL 35 from Japan, most likely i will just get one from Japan as i hv no patient to wait for the US pentax to offer that.......the colored grip option for K-x is still not available in US !
09-14-2010, 04:46 PM   #6

Original Poster
FYI
here is the link that i went for, you can mix and match your own color for the k-r package. hv fun
????????????PENTAX K-r ??????????