Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-17-2010, 04:39 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
K mount "Dejur 35mm f2.8"???

Anyone ever heard of it?

If so, what should I expect from this prime? Couldn't find any info on this lens at all.

Regards,
D

09-17-2010, 06:05 PM   #2
Veteran Member

If it's really cheap, you can buy it and give it a try. Otherwise, if it's not cheap and can't find any info about it, it's not worth the risk. There are many primes out there that make you realize how good your kit lens is. update: oh, but you should know it! I just took a peek at your equipment)
09-17-2010, 06:37 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks, Stefan!

This lens is cheap, cheap enough to try indeed. Just want to get a feel for this focal length, with no temptation to zoom in or out... It's at KEH for sale, may even qualify for return if I don't like it...

Regards,
D
09-17-2010, 06:48 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Just gargle for DeJur lens and see what pops up, eh? Keep in mind that different users will report different experiences, and that various lenses bearing some brand name may or may not have come from the same source. Even bad cheap lenses can be fun. (Or so I keep trying to convince myself.) If nothing else, you can experiment by progressively scratching and cracking the objective to see what's necessary to degrade IQ. Heh heh.

09-17-2010, 08:01 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Just gargle for DeJur lens and see what pops up, eh? Keep in mind that different users will report different experiences, and that various lenses bearing some brand name may or may not have come from the same source. Even bad cheap lenses can be fun. (Or so I keep trying to convince myself.) If nothing else, you can experiment by progressively scratching and cracking the objective to see what's necessary to degrade IQ. Heh heh.
The Dejur name has been used on a number of products including enlargers and motion picture equipment dating back 60 or so years. A lens as recent as what you describe is probably not a product of the original company and is likely a label slapped on a generic 28mm lens. It may be good and it may not.

Steve
09-18-2010, 03:40 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for replies, appreciate it!

From what I can find (barely anything) - this lens is from early 80's, but that's about all. So for $7 more, just opted for Tokina II 28mm f2.8 PKA, just to try this focal length, will see.

Regards,
D
09-18-2010, 02:59 PM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Duh_Vinci Quote
Thanks for replies, appreciate it!

From what I can find (barely anything) - this lens is from early 80's, but that's about all. So for $7 more, just opted for Tokina II 28mm f2.8 PKA, just to try this focal length, will see.

Regards,
D
I think you are going to like the Tokina. Post your pictures when you get it.

Steve

08-10-2019, 07:23 PM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by Duh_Vinci Quote
Anyone ever heard of it?

If so, what should I expect from this prime? Couldn't find any info on this lens at all.

Regards,
D
I own DeJur 58mm 80-210 1:3.8, DeJur Auto 2x Teleconverter, DeJur 55 mm 1:2.8 135mm, purchased in 1964. Pentax is backward comparable, I still use these lens. They are not my go lens, but they still work fine, it came in a bundle with the Pentax K1000, which also still works, and film is still available at B&H photo in New York.
01-21-2023, 08:15 PM   #9

Photos: Gallery
I think I bought the lens you are talking about. (Dejur 35mm f2.8 K Mount from KEH!) Here's a test. I love this lens.
01-22-2023, 02:53 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Lenses with brands you've never heard off (assuming decent knowledge of the market) are usually rubbish and can be hard to find info on online. If it's very cheap then take a gamble and try it but don't expect too much.
01-22-2023, 03:08 AM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by leearter Quote
I think I bought the lens you are talking about. (Dejur 35mm f2.8 K Mount from KEH!) Here's a test. I love this lens.
Wow, 13 years on the shelf at KEH! That's certainly not high turnover stock!
Looks pretty good for a bargain lens