Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2007, 03:39 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Fa 135 f2.8: Purple fringe

I had an opportunity to visit the city camera shop today. The Fa 135 f2.8 lens has been sitting on the shelf inside the cabinet for 9 months long, left unwanted with a price tag of AU600 dollars (equivalent to 450 US dollars).

Testing the shots randomly confirmed the common rumour of purple fringeing in images produced by this lens under various harsh lighting conditions.

Some examples are shown here. On k10d, neutral setting.

The resized overall pic, f2.8 wide open

Full crop of the left terrible purple fringeing

This is the green fringeing to the right of the rubbish bin

This is the full crop of the back of truck

This is the full crop of the fence on the left side of the rubbish bin

Similar kind of fringeing also happened under tungsten lighting and fluorscent lighting.

However, this lens is in deed sharp wide open. Light to carry and very compact to hold (you are able to hold it in your palm). I felt dreadful with the obvious fringeing coming out of this lens in a couple of testing snap shots. So the lens went back to the shelf, remaining in dormancy.

Full crop of eyes (1 metre distance from me; backlighting)

I want D FA135mm f2.0 instead!

So I rest my LBA there...

Last edited by roentarre; 01-13-2007 at 11:04 PM. Reason: spelling error