Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2013, 11:16 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Ricoh Pin removal

I wanted to remove the Ricoh pin from a very nice 28mm lens. Along with the ricoh pin came another pin, and now I can't seem to find where this other pin came from. An interesting note is that even a K1000 doesn't recognize this lens when its attached, (the built in light meter doesn't work).

So, I hear that a local store - will do service work on lens' - after a month and a half - they tell me they wont do anything cause someone else has opened it. Why they just couldn't have told me that to begin with ... sheesh... its a good thing that I have other 28mm lens.

What would you do?

Liz in Calgary

07-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Liz_in_Calgary Quote
I wanted to remove the Ricoh pin from a very nice 28mm lens. Along with the ricoh pin came another pin, and now I can't seem to find where this other pin came from. An interesting note is that even a K1000 doesn't recognize this lens when its attached, (the built in light meter doesn't work).

So, I hear that a local store - will do service work on lens' - after a month and a half - they tell me they wont do anything cause someone else has opened it. Why they just couldn't have told me that to begin with ... sheesh... its a good thing that I have other 28mm lens.

What would you do?

Liz in Calgary
Get a dremel tool with a grinding wheel attachment and carefully grind it off. Worked well for me

Good luck

Randy
07-20-2013, 12:09 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Liz_in_Calgary Quote
Along with the ricoh pin came another pin, and now I can't seem to find where this other pin came from.
Pictures of the pin, mount etc might help. There are many on this forum who have removed the Ricoh pin and might be able to recognize where the extra pin came from. I assume you still have all the pieces? I would try posting pictures here first and maybe someone can help. If not you could try posting it to Eric and see if he will take a look. He should be able to tell you if it is repairable or not at least. You would be out the postage of course either way.
07-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Pieces

Thanks for the reply. The pieces pic was taken with the lens and a teleconverter - its still useable. and now I've lost that teenytiny ball bearing...

oh well...

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo