Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2008, 02:19 PM   #16

Photos: Albums
I HATE ALL OF YOU!!! Now I want -more- that lens!

But I specially hate Frank because of that Samsung Girl!!!! I think I'm in love!

Now seriously, great lens and photos! Some day I'll get one, at least a broken one, but a FA85 1.4! lol

11-05-2008, 02:31 PM   #17
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Hey guys, it must be something to do with the F in FA, cos I got A* 85mm f1.4 and I don't remember models like that filling my lens.
11-05-2008, 03:11 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Hi,

I also HATE ALL OF YOU!!! and i am also very jealous

Because some years ago in the film era i have the A*85/1.4, FA*85/1.4 and the FA 77/1.8 Limited, at that time i sell the 2 85/1.4 and stay only with the 77.
I sell it for a good price but now in the digital era i am in nostalgia and very sad

Also now the prices are crazy for i get the 2 85/1.4 again.

Cumps,
11-05-2008, 03:14 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Original Poster
You need to make your way to the car/electronics shows in Tokyo!

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
frank, how come I don't get to shoot such pretty models?

Must be because I don't own the FA* 85mm f/1.4 (sigh).
Your pictures prove this lens is a must have for all red blooded males... a babe magnet of a lens.

my favourite is the model in white shot... superb

11-05-2008, 03:29 PM   #20
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
Ah, marketing tarts.
Marketing tarts, I'm going to have to remember that one. HAH!
11-05-2008, 04:44 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The "princess" and the "stoned eyed girl" are my favorites. Very nice work and very nice proof of this lens' strengths. Guess I don't get a Klondike Bar again today. (Klondike ice cream bar advertisement in the U.S.--husband is with wife and ignores beauties walking by to earn a Klondike Bar).
11-05-2008, 05:11 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
frank, how come I don't get to shoot such pretty models?

Must be because I don't own the FA* 85mm f/1.4 (sigh).
Your pictures prove this lens is a must have for all red blooded males... a babe magnet of a lens.

my favourite is the model in white shot... superb
Thanks Denis

It's a great lens indeed. I almost sold mine a while ago 'cause I use the smaller FA77 more, but my wife stopped me. Some how she knew I'd get it back if I sell it, so better just keep it for good

11-05-2008, 05:16 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Some guys for the comments about those models. I guess we all like to see beautiful ladies don't we

Some more here:

11-05-2008, 09:17 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Lets all be Frank....... No I mean It....Lets all be FRANK!
11-05-2008, 09:48 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Doesn't look like you're having trouble focusing on those (not always) stationary models Frank, well done, nice and sharp indeed.
Interesting that you use the 77mm more often though (at least I have that lens )

Oops my mistake, I thought this was a A85mm f1.4 thread.. lol
11-05-2008, 10:08 PM   #26
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by bigben91682 Quote
Marketing tarts, I'm going to have to remember that one. HAH!
A company, to me, loses all credibility once they get one of those over-glorified houseplants to hold their product.

I hope Pentax didn't have any. I hope they just had some 250lb middle-aged man, in a Pentax polo shirt, sitting on a stool in front of their booth. Hungover, unshaven. Sipping a Prairie Oyster, using it to chase down four aspirin. With a nametag that reads "Cliff".

And with an encyclopedic knowledge Pentax gear.

"So, why do you think Pentax is better than the other cameras I've seen? The AF's slow, the framerate's slower - they don't even make any pro gear!"

"Because Pentax can snap your neck like a swizzle stick, you little punk. And then go through your wallet, find your home address from your drivers licence, and steal your credit cards and use them to take your wife out and get her drunk while you're in the hospital. Real drunk. Like, losin' her inhibitions drunk. Any further questions?"
11-05-2008, 10:43 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lbam Quote
Doesn't look like you're having trouble focusing on those (not always) stationary models Frank, well done, nice and sharp indeed.
Interesting that you use the 77mm more often though (at least I have that lens )

Oops my mistake, I thought this was a A85mm f1.4 thread.. lol
The FA85 lens doesn't seem to suffer much focusing error when mounted no K10D, but the AF is even more accurate when mounted on K20D

Why I use FA77 more? It's smaller and easier to carry around, especially when I go out w/ the kids.
11-05-2008, 10:51 PM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
Some more here
Good photos, Frank Can you made the similar photos from FA 85* and 77 ltd for compare those lens? With similar scene, object and light?
11-05-2008, 11:40 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by suro Quote
Good photos, Frank Can you made the similar photos from FA 85* and 77 ltd for compare those lens? With similar scene, object and light?
Thanks

I've done some quick comparison between the FA77 and A*85/1.4, but never done any comparison w/ the FA*85. From my experiences w/ these lenses, FA*85 is the best for taking portrait, FA77 is more or less a general purpose lens although it take great portraits too, but for general use (distant targets), it's better than the FA*85. A*85 is the sharpest in the lot at wide apertures, and it's more close to the FA77 than it is to the FA*.

If you are gonna use the lens for general purpose, not just for portraits, I think it's better to get the FA77
11-06-2008, 12:37 AM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
If you are gonna use the lens for general purpose, not just for portraits, I think it's better to get the FA77
Thanks for you replies I never seen FA 85* (but I has 77 ltd) and it will very interesting compare those two lens in portrait. Can you make a few of similar photo by two of those lens? Like in your first post with models? Without correction?

It will interest not only for me, also we talking about in Russian Pentax forum
Many of my photos it's portrait, and I think about buying FA 85*. But it seems a bit expensive for blinding purchase And it's very hard to find.