Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2009, 11:07 PM   #31
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Such Fun! I actually have that instruction sheet somewhere with the original packing materials for my Tamrons.

Steve

07-10-2009, 10:45 AM   #32

Hi there, the first lens I bought after I got my K10 last year was an adaptall-2 70-210mm zoom which came with a km mount, it's quite a nice lens, although it's only in the last few days I realised I could press the green button and get a metering solution - groovy! I recently got my hands on the fabled 90mm f/2.5 Macro which was sans mount, so I just moved the one from my zoom across to it. In order to stop mucking about with the mount when I wanted the change the lenses over I bought another adaptall mount from the interweb and this one is markedly different. It still says Tamron and KM on it, but the silver ring is about twice the thickness of the original one and it only has one of the movable tabs around the edge - can I assume that this is an Adaptall-1 mount? It seems to work perfectly well with the zoom and the aperture stops down with the green button in M mode - so I guess it's fine. I was just surprised it was so different.

ETA: Actually, that's a point, what does the 'AE' setting on the aperture ring do? It's under the f/32 position.
07-10-2009, 11:04 AM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Regarding not parting with Adaptalls

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
I have 4 PK/A mounts and the 72B SP 90mm f2.8 macro, the 01A SP 35-80mm f2.8-3.8, the 19AH 70-210mm f3.5 and the SP 17mm f3.5 151B.

Personally I wouldn't part with any of them, they are easily on a par with any of the newer AF lenses and in some cases better (IMO).
I have 1 P/KA mount and one ES (M42 Auto) mount. These are the equal of any but the absolute best manual focus Pentax lenses I have owned. As I reduce my equipment list these Tamron Adaptall lenses continue to win the "sell this or sell that" competiton.

My lenses, with which I shall not part, are:

Tamron AD #17A 35~70/3.5
Tamron AD-2 SP #01A 35~80/2.8~3.8
Tamron AD-2 SP #52B 90/2.5 Tele-Macro
Tamron AD-2 SP #140F 1.4X Tele-Converter
Tamron AD-2 SP #01F 2X Tele-Converter
07-10-2009, 11:14 AM   #34
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Vormulac Quote
ETA: Actually, that's a point, what does the 'AE' setting on the aperture ring do? It's under the f/32 position.
The AE setting is to support shutter-priority and programmed automation for cameras that offer those features. It does nothing with your PK mount except put the aperture at f/32. With a PK/A mount, you lose f/32, but are enabled for all exposure modes on your camera.

Steve

07-10-2009, 11:49 AM   #35

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
The AE setting is to support shutter-priority and programmed automation for cameras that offer those features. It does nothing with your PK mount except put the aperture at f/32. With a PK/A mount, you lose f/32, but are enabled for all exposure modes on your camera.

Steve
Nice one - thanks Steve! The world of what I can and can't do with manual glass is still a bit of a mystery to me!