Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2009, 08:56 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
All of you who say you're cured from LBA are either delusional or outright lying!
LBA is like AIDS, there is no cure for it but with the right prescription the disease can be managed...

02-12-2009, 09:11 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Yeah, baby! I picked up one of these cheap also. Part of a package I found on craigslist.

Glad to hear you like it, I have not shot with it yet, but I am looking forward to it.

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote

Vivitar 135 2.5 $25 shipped

02-12-2009, 10:32 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
I think it is infectious - truly. I know Hin was being very calm about his LBA moratorium, then all of a sudden he fell off the wagon. I did the same, just went crazy last 60 days or so (Cosina 55 1.2, Nokton 58 1.4, Viv 105 2.8, 3 Taks at once (28, 50, 105,) A 50 2.8 macro (sold)).

But now I'm cured.

(But today I was in the local store and bought an Auto Vivitar (Kiron) 28 2.5 screw mount for a good price because it was shiny.)

OK, now I'm really cured, though.

Jay :can you tell us when your really really cured
02-12-2009, 11:02 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can't help you there . . .

I ain't goin nowhere near your parlor, unless you have a few russian or east german beauties that I could spend some time with for a little cash....
Uh, I'm only selling lenses

02-12-2009, 11:05 PM   #20
Igilligan

Ok speedo and steve... shots in the rain

QuoteOriginally posted by speedoo Quote
Yeah, baby! I picked up one of these cheap also. Part of a package I found on craigslist.

Glad to hear you like it, I have not shot with it yet, but I am looking forward to it.

Here are the very first shots from the vivi 135 2.8 in the rain... Wow $25...

This shows how sharp it is at F2.8... look at the little purple flowers in the grass... 8^)

and a center crop

And with a macro adaptor

Last edited by Igilligan; 02-12-2009 at 11:42 PM.
02-13-2009, 03:50 AM   #21
Veteran Member

DAMNIT MAN! Here I am, minding my own business, thinking at least my cheap lens habit is under control (isn't it? I mean, the Tamron extension tube isn't a lens, now is it? No glass.) and here you go showing these AWESOME and Saturated Vivitar photos! There's a retro quality to this lens that goes right through digital. And excellent sharpness, contrast, saturation.

Now I want one
02-13-2009, 05:54 AM   #22
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
DAMNIT MAN! Here I am, minding my own business, thinking at least my cheap lens habit is under control (isn't it?)
Wrong, Wrong, Wrong!!! You are not minding your own business, you are browsing a lens forum at PentaxForums.com. If you were minding your own business, you would be looking for recipes in some cooking forum or tips on dried flower arranging, or checking basketball scores or something. But NOOOO, you are in the lens forum. The first step is admitting the problem.

I fell into this place a little over a year ago. I had decided to go digital and was "just doing research". The light meter on my Spotmatic had died, and I couldn't find anyone that could fix it. Well, I got the digital, but I also learned about Eric. The Spotmatic is now perfect in every way. Since then I have bought six Taks (sold one) and a Vivitar 28, original extension tubes, and a 2X teleconverter all in M42. Somehow I've picked up a K1000 w/ 50mm, 2.0 and a ME Super body. Now I need a couple of "M" lenses to compare to the Taks.

If you really want to spend some money, get yourself a basket case 1958 Cushman Eagle motor scooter to restore. But that's a story for another time and place.

02-13-2009, 07:05 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wlank Quote
Wrong, Wrong, Wrong!!! You are not minding your own business, you are browsing a lens forum at PentaxForums.com.
That is SO true
02-13-2009, 07:12 AM   #24
Veteran Member

This was almost all of it a year ago. So let me reflect on what's changed since...

Or maybe I better not...

three more 28's, a 21, a 105, a three more screw mount cameras with 50mm lenses, a handful of teles, another TLR, a box camera, a vivitar plasticam, another lens for the Fed that didn't make it to this photo... a couple of flashes... and flash triggers...

So you see, the cheap photo stuff habit is entirely under control.
02-13-2009, 07:27 AM   #25
Inactive Account

Gus, those are gorgeous shots. Love the sharpness, colors and bokeh. I think I'll be keeping that Vivitar or a while!
02-13-2009, 10:10 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Gus,

But mostly my own weakness
Somebody stop me!
No, no. It enables us to project our addiction on you!

Thanks to you I have just got a Helios-44M (the one with the A/M switch). The few tests I've done so far show that it is rather good, and IMO sharper wide open than stopped down (don't ask me how, I need to try it some more). I'm liking it already.

QuoteQuote:
- a pentacon auto 50 -1.8 (because 7 50mm lenses are not enough)
This was the first 50 I got - 20 years ago when I used it on film! I've now got 6 (or 7 if you include the Helios!). Actually it is my least used lens. It is quite sharp even open, and it has a useful close focus of 33cm (Pentax 50s tend to have a close focus of 45cm). However, I find it the images "cool" and bluish compared to my Asahi glass, which is why I don't use it much.

QuoteQuote:
and to add insult to injury an Industar 50mm 3.5 (because 8 50mm lenses are not enough)
I'll be interested in your results. I've seen some good shots on the mflenses forum and it is on my list of lenses to try out. Hurry up and give us your experience.

QuoteQuote:
But my question is... do any of you think you have LBA under control for a while
No
QuoteQuote:
and then loose it?
Can't 'cos it isn't

QuoteQuote:
These old lenses really are like drugs... Ironic that the prices at 25 - 30 dollars are similar in cost to a bag o' drugs or a bottle of wine...
TMI

Richard
02-13-2009, 11:47 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Vivitar 135 2.5 $25 shipped

so it is a 2.5 cause the picture shows a 2.8?

nevermind, it is a 2.8 and not 2.5. Typo I guess...

Last edited by dave sz; 02-13-2009 at 12:33 PM.
02-13-2009, 01:16 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Gus, love those shots, the color-bokeh of the first one kills me, good job.
02-13-2009, 01:38 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Gus, love those shots, the color-bokeh of the first one kills me, good job.
Hey Jay, don't you wish not selling him your lens. You should have kept the close focus for others. He loves making us envy/jealous/drolling with his photos.

Gus, congratulations on the new toys.
02-13-2009, 04:15 PM   #30
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wlank Quote
But NOOOO, you are in the lens forum. The first step is admitting the problem.
In some ways, this place is WORSE than an alcoholic hanging out at a bar.

At least at a bar, those drunks sitting around all day and bragging and showing off how great their drinks are DON'T DRIVE UP THE PRICES AND DEMAND FOR BOOZE ON EBAY!

(Takumar Club, I'm looking at you.)