Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-08-2009, 10:12 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Drop DA (*) for FA ltd?

I've started to take more film (just received a restored LX)....and also have a K-7. I've noticed I grab K and Tak and the one FA Ltd lenses I own....and leave my newer lenses at home. I'm kicking myself for not buying the 77 and 31 ltd a year ago... I'm thinking of selling/trading some of my newer glass to fund those purchases. I'm thinking of selling my DA35 ltd, DA 10-17 Fisheye, and DA* 16-50.

I'm hoping that someone reading this owns some of these compared to the FA ltds and can let me know which one they lean towards.....especially with digital. I'm going to loose out on the macro (and a great lens), the chance to shoot something different with the 10-17 and a great all weather zoom. Just part of deciding if I'm making a mistake....
Thanks!

Last edited by SteveM; 08-08-2009 at 10:34 PM.
08-08-2009, 10:53 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Why don't you hold off for a bit until you're absolutely certain about film?
Alternatively, force yourself to take your digital out and use those lenses, then see how you feel.
If you want, I'll look after the 35 macro for you and let you have it back whenever you want.
08-08-2009, 11:00 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Why don't you hold off for a bit until you're absolutely certain about film?
Alternatively, force yourself to take your digital out and use those lenses, then see how you feel.
If you want, I'll look after the 35 macro for you and let you have it back whenever you want.
That's a good point....ignoring the film aspect....are folks happy with the 31/77 as compared to new glass..(35/16-50 or whatever)? Apples and oranges I know....but sometimes a bit of information helps in the decision.....
08-08-2009, 11:06 PM   #4
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
That's a good point....ignoring the film aspect....are folks happy with the 31/77 as compared to new glass..(35/16-50 or whatever)? Apples and oranges I know....but sometimes a bit of information helps in the decision.....
You just know that you are going to get multiple points of view.
That's why I said force yourself to use them.

08-08-2009, 11:46 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
LOL....that's true! My problem is I don't have the 31 and the 77 to compare them too.... you're right though....probably strong points of view....
08-09-2009, 12:05 AM   #6
Damn Brit

That 's why I keep my lenses, costs me in dollars but saves on mental anguish.
08-09-2009, 12:13 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'll have to remember that one the next time a parcel shows up at the house....lol. I could have picked up both the 31 and 77 for 1200 CA.....but I hesitated Oh the mental anguish!