Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2009, 07:24 AM   #1

50-135 SDM failure question

I had a good one a year ago and for some dumb reason sold it.
Bought another new one about a month ago ( BH Photo ) because it really is one of the best lenses I have ever owned in terms of sharpness and contrast. Went to use it yesterday and the autofocus is not working at all, read some of the posts here and elsewhere, tried some of the solutions and nothing works on either my K10 or K7. So apparently I will need to call Pentax Service on Monday for the repair operation. My question to the good folks here that have sent theirs in for service ---- when the lens comes back has anyone had it fail again? I guess what I am trying to figure out is if Pentax repairs it does it "stay" repaired or do they put bad SDM motors back in that fail after a couple of months???

Also if I may ask does anyone know the turnaround time for the repair from Pentax USA?

what a bummer because this is one heck of a lens and of all the Canon "L" zooms that I used to own ( when I shot Canon of course ) the 50-135 is a special lens.

Kman