Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2009, 06:27 AM   #181
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
equivalence theory = theoretical bunkum
Well that's just what I think. Not that it matters much...

A thread that started with the price of the FA 50mm can meander and digress to an active debate between a moderator espousing equivalence and others who don't buy it... plus throw in a sub-plot of a slinging match on the side. If any thread needs active moderation, this is it. C'mon people, let's agree to disagree and move on... Peace on Earth this Christmas.

12-23-2009, 01:05 PM   #182
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
equivalence theory = theoretical bunkum
Well that's just what I think. Not that it matters much...

A thread that started with the price of the FA 50mm can meander and digress to an active debate between a moderator espousing equivalence and others who don't buy it... plus throw in a sub-plot of a slinging match on the side. If any thread needs active moderation, this is it. C'mon people, let's agree to disagree and move on... Peace on Earth this Christmas.
I have to agree with you (and others...this was the shortest post I bothered to search for...I don't like quoting long posts ).

If "equivalence" or whatever it's called by mattered that much...I mean that much...the people who want it would be using their 5D/D700/whatevs already.

Or I guess we could just wait it out till Pentax makes our super fast 50mm "equivalent" in a 30mm f/1 lens...or whatever. I love air too much so I'm not holding my breath

Merry Christmas!
01-12-2010, 02:29 PM   #183
juu
Veteran Member

To me what Marc says makes a lot of sense.