Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2010, 03:34 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Mount Question

I purchased this lens off E-bay. Advertised as Pentax mount. It's a Sears 80-200 lens. The mount looks different from any K mounts I've currently got. Is it a K-mount, and safe to mount on my camera? Pictures are not great. If you can't tell from these pics, I'll try to get something better.

01-25-2010, 04:04 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Why not just try it? Looks like some older K lenses I have.
01-25-2010, 04:12 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wallyb Quote
Why not just try it? Looks like some older K lenses I have.
After a closer look, I'm thinking it is a K-mount. I was mostly confused by the bearings near the middle. The entire center section moves around those bearings. I guess the one's I've got are all enclosed, hence the confusion.
01-25-2010, 04:21 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by eccs19 Quote
After a closer look, I'm thinking it is a K-mount. I was mostly confused by the bearings near the middle. The entire center section moves around those bearings. I guess the one's I've got are all enclosed, hence the confusion.
There's a surprisingly simple way to tell if it is K-mount, without all the guesswork -- try to mount it on your camera

01-25-2010, 04:45 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wallyb Quote
There's a surprisingly simple way to tell if it is K-mount, without all the guesswork -- try to mount it on your camera
Yup, did it, and it mounted. I was just afraid it would get stuck or something if it wasn't right. Better safe than sorry. Thanks for the help.