Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2010, 07:46 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
These Nikkors work with Pentax K bodies with no adapter

Hi all, I just wanted to share some stuff that I have been using with my new Pentax K-x. I managed to fit a modern Nikon lens too (28/2.8), so I'm wondering if I can fit ALL Nikon lenses on my K-x lol.

Who else here is using the same/similar setup?

Nikkor-S 50mm F1.4
fits really nicely. I might drill a small hole to it for the lock to work.

sample:

------------
Nikkor-Q 135mm F2.8
fits in 2 ways, 1 like the 50/1.4, and one slightly tighter

sample:

------------
Nikkor-P 105mm F2.5
fits like the 50/1.4.

sample:

------------
Nikkor-O 35mm F2 (you need to shave some from the aperture ring)
this one is not very snug. But it still mounts nonetheless

sample:

------------
Nikkor AF 28mm F2.8 (you need to shave some from the aperture ring for infinity focus to work)
fits a bit tight, but the lens is plastic and light, so its actually pretty secured

I forgot where I put the sample shot. but its on the K-x now.

02-19-2010, 07:53 AM   #2
emr

The Nikkor Lens Club
02-19-2010, 08:02 AM   #3

Original Poster
I guess this thread's got to move
02-19-2010, 09:44 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think it worth leaving here as is, for a while, anyhow, as the title is very direct and useful.

02-19-2010, 10:48 PM   #5
Veteran Member

RolloR:

Yes, you can mount old, non-AI Nikkors onto Pentax K-mount. Some of them will actually turn and lock. Not all of them will work, and you must be careful. I have, in my archives somewhere, some pioneering work done by a guy named Carpenter--in an old DPreview thread. In there, he posted shots, and listed some of the lenses he had successfully mounted.

Obviously, proceed with caution. Just because some of us have had success, does not mean a huge mistake can not happen. Let me know if you want me to search out that old thread, and post it here for you.

Also, the Nikkor lens Club posted by EMR must be a nice resource.