Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2010, 08:57 AM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pick the maximum width for embedded photos

I've now extended the auto image resize feature, which was introduced here a few months ago, so that users can now pick the maximum width to which images are resized, as well as completely disable the system. Enjoy!

This option can be found in your user cp options page, under 'thread display options'.

Attached Images

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-26-2011, 04:31 PM   #2
Veteran Member

now I have another question...

I was looking through the unanswered threads and found this post. The default 1024 pixel width is fine with me and now I even know where to look to find this option! I don't visit "jonhock" very much Maybe I should take some time to explore my info a little better!
This also raised another question that I have and never asked about.
I see some of the other members photo posts that have a place to click for exif information and I'm wondering if this is an option that I can include with my photos ?
01-26-2011, 04:40 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Questions go in the site help section!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-27-2011, 01:24 PM   #4
Veteran Member

oops (again)

Okay, heading over there now
At the very least though, you're thread is not "unanswered" any more

01-31-2011, 07:58 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Didn't see this till now...

I'm ok with the default 1024, it's a bit of a nuisance because it makes the page wider and I have to side scroll to read, but that picture size is ok with me, I can live with a little scrolling..,.,
01-31-2011, 10:21 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Get a bigger screen, or lower the width setting!
02-01-2011, 06:48 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I think that was uncalled for.

Bigger screens on laptops are very difficult, lower settings would make the picture that much bigger.

I clearly stated it was not a problem, I think a smart ass remark was out of line.

02-01-2011, 11:01 AM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
No- lowering the setting would make the pictures smaller, not bigger. The setting's there so you can comfortably browse from anywhere!
02-01-2011, 05:59 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Paleo Pete Quote
I'm ok with the default 1024, it's a bit of a nuisance because it makes the page wider and I have to side scroll to read, but that picture size is ok with me, I can live with a little scrolling..,.,
Hey there Pete!
I'm not sure if this will help or not, but, on my Acer laptop I have an 18.4" screen with a 19" monitor hooked up that I haven't had any problem with picture with. I have both screens configured at the maximum sceen resolution which for the laptop screen it's 1680x945 pixels and on the monitor it's 1280x1024 pixels. If I were to lower these numbers, everything would be bigger.

With the photo size, if it were to be say-980x450 (just an example) the photo would be smaller and if the photo picture size were 3872x2592 (my RAW photo size) it would be bigger.
On my Gateway in the kitchen, which is a 17" laptop w/19" monitor, I have the settings at the same as the Acer and I have no problems viewing photos on the forum either.
This is meant to be a helpful tip as I don't know your PC knowledge. (myself, I couldn't even load my K10 and Spotmatic signature tags without help!).
I hope this helps but if it doesn't, are you gonna call me a smar......... too? <smilely. LOL, etc.

Last edited by jonhock; 02-03-2011 at 05:00 PM.
02-04-2011, 03:33 AM   #10
Forum Member

boy, Adam has fallen in love with the EXCLAMATION POINT!!!!!! Did ya get a new keyboard!!!!? Snark much?!!!!!

btw, i think the ability to set global image sizes like this is a nice feature. But soon, if not already this site is going to become far to weighty in terms of it's settings and "improvements". So far it's reasonable but only just.
02-04-2011, 07:49 AM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Once it gets to be too much, the entire system will probably be replaced with a new one.
02-05-2011, 02:20 AM   #12
Veteran Member

I think that was uncalled for.

Bigger screens on laptops are very difficult, lower settings would make the picture that much bigger.

I clearly stated it was not a problem, I think a smart ass remark was out of line.
I think you misunderstood Adam; he was not talking about lowering the settings of the computer. Instead of using the default 1024 of the forum, use e.g. 960.
02-05-2011, 04:40 PM   #13
Veteran Member

You guys are right, I did misunderstand the original statement, or part of it anyway, I thought he meant lower the screen resolution...which would result in bigger pictures. Getting a bigger screen is out of the question, it's a laptop...sure I can hook up an external monitor, but that's kind of difficult to deal with in the front seat of a Jeep, which is where I use this machine 95% of the time. and since I can't get online at home, this is my online machine for the time being...

Someone mentioned how much computer knowledge I have...I've been a computer repair tech for 12 years or so, I've repaired hundreds of them and built at least 200. I've always built my own machines, but this one is a laptop,and 1024x768 is as high as I can go (screen resolution) and still be able to read the icons. Even with my glasses on...without them I can't read it at all...

Anyway, the original point was, I'm ok with the current width, as I already stated. I do have to side scroll a bit, but so what...I'm ok with that. None of this was really necessary, my original comment was that I don't have a problem with it. I don't really want to lower the width setting, I like to see pictures as big as I can. At the current setting I only have to side scroll once to see the entire picture and read the accompanying comments. Usually it's only once, and everything is visible until I scroll back, so no big deal.
02-05-2011, 05:00 PM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
You know that you can just click on the photo to view it in full size, right? Even when resized inline, the original is always accessible. The feature wouldn't be very handy if you couldn't do that.

Adam

02-06-2011, 12:13 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Someone mentioned how much computer knowledge I have...I've been a computer repair tech for 12 years or
That was me, Pete. You've certainly got me on that one! I don't think I've even been using computers that long!!