Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2010, 02:40 PM   #1

Paths to nowehre
Lens: DA 55-300 Camera: K-x Photo Location: At a park 

Here are a couple of shots I took and turned into B&W. I guess I just want to know if it 'works' for you guys. Technical feedback is welcome, but so is anything else that might be worth sharing about these images. I'm still learning, so please don't beat the cr*p out of me.

Alright, here goes...

One thing that does bother me about the second shot is the parallel road on the left. I tried to crop it away as much as I could but this is the best I could come up with. So, what do you think?

Last edited by shahnc; 04-27-2010 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Typo
04-27-2010, 04:31 PM   #2
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like the treatment better on the 2nd one, though it's bit dark.
The first one is too bright IMO, lacks contrast and the DOF is too thin as even the first tree on the left appears to be OOF. If it was bit deeper DOF or you would have moved the focus point slightly to the back and and then bumped contrast in PP it would be good shot. I like the idea but unfortunately the end result doesn't cut it for me...
The second shot, well as I said, I like the treatment better but:
It brighten it a bit, and I'd definitely crop it. Just underneath the first big tree on the left (try to keep the shadows in the frame). From the left I'd crop out the small tree, from the right I'd crop between the small tree and bench (fine line there) the top is good.
That way you'd get rid of a lot of empty space in the foreground, distracting little trees and nast hatch on the bath.
Decent attempts but needs bit more practise IMO.

my 2p