Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2008, 10:41 PM   #1
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
[SOLD] DA*50-135 NEW & F 1.7x adapter

have a brand new in box with warrenty etc DA*50-135mm f2.8 lens. i ended up with 2 because my first one somehow, unknown to me, got broken. sent it to pentax repair and instead of fixing it they sent me a new one.

because of length of time i would be without the lens i purchased another new one as had photo shoots planned and i really like this lens. however, i don't need two.

as mentioned in later post, i will accept $750 plus shipping costs for the newest one which arrived last thursday and never been on a camera. lens will go up on ebay soon.

also have a like new F 1.7x adapter,
the adapter is sold

paypal preferred, will ship only to verified address.

kasey (in california)

Last edited by kasey; 01-29-2008 at 07:26 PM.
01-26-2008, 07:11 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
Just so everyone knows, you should not discuss the price in the thread, but rather it's better to do it in PM's. Also, just because some online stores are undercutting the price of Pentax products doesn't mean someone else has paid that. I bought mine for $999 and his price is very fair IMO.

End Rant and yo may continue selling your lens which is stellar BTW.
01-26-2008, 07:43 AM   #3
Not Registered

Feedback Score: (%)
Thank you Chris. Excellent job.
01-26-2008, 08:58 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
alrighty then...

i just figured if the guy really wanted to sell it then he might want to price it at something someone may be willing to pay ...especially since someone could get it new for less.

but...i guess if someone is willing to pay more thats their choice...

01-26-2008, 10:27 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
chris, it seems i remember rummaging through ads here last week and found a thread where someone did 'not' mention prices and was told that prices needed to be listed so the poster came back with prices. i've noticed others have prices............i realize that listing prices and 'discussing' them is different. so, i'd like to know......?

kasey
01-26-2008, 10:31 AM   #6

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
Kasey
Chris deleted a response to your add that occured earlier this morning. They complained about your asking price. Chris was not directing his response to you it was for another poster in your thread. I was on the phone with Chris just yesterday talking about this very issue, how it is rude. If people do not like the asking price just move on or PM the OP. You are on point with your add.
Louis
01-26-2008, 10:36 AM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
thanks for explaining, louis. appreciate your time to do so.
so then there's another rude reply still up, at least i consider it rude.

thanks again

kasey

01-26-2008, 12:05 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 59 (100%)
Hey Chris, your comments seem to come from left field. I have read Kasey"s posting a number of times, and I unable to find anything to compalin about.
To me it is a stock normal listing?????????????????

Incidentally, would like to have had the cash available at this moment, would snap up both Kasey's items.
01-26-2008, 12:09 PM   #9

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
Bramela read my post. Perhaps this thread ought to be deleted and Kasey repost or Chris just delet all post that do not pertain to purchasing the lens or adapter.
01-26-2008, 09:53 PM   #10

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Agree that it is rather rude to complain at one's price. However, I do think it is in the best interest of the marketplace and everyone looking to buy items here that if the price is high or there are better deals out there, they should be allowed to state it. Insults and arguing probably not a good thing, but atleast make the seller and buyers aware of a more current market price. Such as the lense sells for 800 brand new from B&H and most other retailers.

(After all the marketplace should serve both the sellers and the buyers interests in my opinion)

Casey I do not intend to be offensive in this post, but perhaps if you were looking for a higher price you may wish to combine the FA Converter and the Lense as a package deal. Since the converters are rare you may be able to get the price your looking for without people shying away at the higher price of the 50-135. Just my opinion. Hope it helps.

Anyway I am probably just adding to the clutter of posts here on this subject - I already have a 1.7x on the way. Best of luck all who are interested.
01-27-2008, 08:35 AM   #11
Not Registered

Feedback Score: (%)
I reported to Chris the unappropiate post of Sprags commenting the price of the original poster. It wasnt anything personal against Sprags (actually I think that he/she was doing a comment on a friendly way). I did it cos I am tired to read (literally) tens of comments on people posting items in the marketplace. Comments on prices can be made via PM ( I did that several times). I know that sometimes are made with the best intention but people has to realize that both the people selling and the people buying are adults and can held responsability on their actions. Another thing that people doesnt seem to realize is that non-US buyer/sellers have another standards to consider if a price is right or not. I am sorry for hijacking the thread.
01-27-2008, 10:47 AM   #12
Forum Member

Original Poster
for today only, before both are listed on ebay, price on the lens is $750 + buyer pays all shipping expenses. i'll offer it here at a loss of my expense for today.

the 1.7x adapter $395 like franks, grin. today only. same for shipping above.

kasey
01-28-2008, 09:04 PM   #13
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
I sent you a PM but I have no response
01-28-2008, 09:35 PM   #14
Forum Member

Original Poster
sorry, theedudenator, didn't get it. i've sent you a pm.

kasey