Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-09-2008, 01:31 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 104 (100%)
[SOLD] Another Set of Filters and Hoods $5-$10

Somewhere along the way, I've acquired too many filters and hoods. Prices are as noted. Shipping is a flat $5 in the US no matter how many you buy. Canada is a flat $10. Shipping is by first class mail. I can do international for about $20. Payment via paypal. I have many positive reviews on this site.

All filters are scratch-free and have no dents. If they include cases, they are noted as such. They are in order of size:

$3 – Coastar 49mm UV filter in excellent condition. With nice silver highlight, a bit of a retro style to fit in with your older lenses.

Sold $8 - Hoya Coated 49mm UV filter with case and original box in mint condition. Vintage Style with the silver highlight trim. Looks great with the M and K series lenses. Quite flare resistant.

$12 - Genuine Nikon 52mm Multicoated UV filter in very good condition. Tiny bit of brassing. No marks on glass. Good size for many Pentax lenses including the 2 kit lenses.

$7 - B+W 55mm Neutral Density x2 filter with padded case. New. These are the F-Pro versions Made in Germany. Very nice. Since these are normally very expensive, it is probably better to just buy 52mm and 49mm step up rings for these filters. (In case you don’t know what a Neutral Density filter does, here is a question: What do you do if you want the nice bokeh or shallow depth of field of a fast lens, but you are in daylight and the camera shutter speed cannot keep up? Answer of course is to use a ND filter to slow things down. ) I have a number of these. These are a great deal for B+W quality!

$6 - Genuine Canon 55mm Haze 1 filter. Mint Condition. (Haze filters have stronger than normal UV blocking capabilities. Supposedly they can filter out some "haze", regardless, they work well as protectors).

Sold $8 - Hoya 62mm Linear Polarizer. Mint condition including original case and box. Pentax AF cameras have no problems with linear polarizers. I have used it on my K100 and K10 without any problems.

Hoods:

$6 – Vivitar 55mm diameter Metal Hood (Screw-in). Excellent Condition. Just a bit of wear on the rim. I have used it on a 50mm lens (with a step up ring) without any issues. Probably will be good for lenses between 50-100mm.

$10 – Genuine Pentax 6x7 Square Lens Hood (Bayonet type). Dedicated hood meant for the 105mm f4 6x7 medium format lens. In fair condition. A few small scuffs and marks here and there with the usual rim wear. Entirely usable.

Sold $25 – Genuine Pentax 49mm Square Metal Lens Hood. Like New condition, with good condition case. Designed for the SMC Takumar 28mm f3.5 lens. However in examining it, it is almost the exact same dimensions as the square hood for the 50mm lenses and can be used as such with no problems (I have tried it on my FA50). It uses a unique twist friction mount so that it can mount on any lens with a 49mm barrel. (Three little rubber feet come out and grip the barrel of your lens when you turn it.) It is a very unique and extremely high quality hood. In basically new condition. Rare find.

Misc:

$10 – Little Kodak Rangefinder Viewfinder for 35mm and 80mm lenses. It’s cute and comes with its own good condition leather case.

Pic of Viewfinder

Sold $5 - Wide Angle Photography Book by Joseph Paduano - Talks about wide angle photography techniques. Has a useful index in the back of all of the wide angle lenses from different manufacturers (up to a few years back).

I am also selling a few other items right now, if you buy them together, you can get a reduced shipping price on the lens and free shipping on the filters and hoods.

Pentax M 28mm f2.8 Prime Lens

Soligor 28mm f2.8 M42 Lens $18

Trade: I am looking for a Pentax Ghostless filter if anyone has one. Thanks.

Last edited by Youngster; 09-11-2008 at 08:34 PM.
08-09-2008, 04:35 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 13 (100%)
Pm sent on the Tak 28/3.5 hood.
08-09-2008, 04:52 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 159 (99%)
PM sent on wide-angle book - looks pretty interesting
08-09-2008, 07:36 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This guy, also, please, Youngster.
$7 - B+W 55mm Neutral Density x2 filter with padded case.

Money sent:-).

08-10-2008, 07:16 PM   #5

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
Im interested in the viewfinder .. have just sent PM
08-15-2008, 06:44 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Merchandise received in great condition! Thank you Youngster:-).