09-23-2008, 05:24 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
[SOLD] Sigma 17-35mm F2.8-4 Aspherical lens for sale

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Sigma 17-35mm F2.8-4(LOWER PRICE !) Aspherical lens for sale

Asking Price

Item Description
This is a great wide angle lens. I used it on my Pentax K10D.
Below is a description that I found online for it.

"Description

Fix the 17-35 mm F2.8-4 EX DG Aspherical HSM Wide-angle Zoom Lens from Sigma to your Camera and capture high-quality close-up shots. It provides a minimum focusing distance of 10.6" at all focal lengths, and maximum magnification ratio of 1:4.5.

Sigma EX lens with 17-35mm zoom
Incorporates aspherical lens elements in the front, as well as rear lens groups
Equipped with a silent, responsive and fast Micro Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM)
Incorporates internal focusing to prevent deterioration of the optical quality at close distances
Use with Canon SLRs that are compatible with AF lenses
Technical Details
Model Name: 17-35/2.8-4 EX DG ASP HSM Canon AF
Model: 510-101
Lens Type: Wide-angle zoom lens
mounting_type: Canon EF
Camera Magnify Power: 1 / 4.5
lens_system_special_functions: Zoom, Wide angle
maximum_aperture_range: F/2.8-4.0
Minimum focal length: 17 millimeters
Maximum focal length: 35 millimeters
min_focal_range: 10.6 inches
Focus Type: auto-focus, manual-focus
Optical zoom: 2
Real Angle Of View: 103.7
Weight: 19.8 Ounces
Item Display Diameter: 3.3 inches
Length: 3 inches "

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition
Used
Excellent

Item Location
McMinnville, Oregon USA

Shipping Charge
actual shipping costs

Shipping Services
USPS, UPS

Shipping Destinations
U.S only
Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Additional Details
Comes in original box and in original SIgma Lens case.
I have used this lens rarely,, mostly on backpacking trips once or twice a year. It is a great lens and in great shape.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon PowerShot S2 IS  Photo     
View Picture EXIF
Canon PowerShot S2 IS  Photo 

Last edited by Trail-Seeker; 10-01-2008 at 08:21 AM. Reason: adding which camera I used it with
09-24-2008, 12:07 AM   #2
Veteran Member

K-mount or EF-mount?
09-24-2008, 01:28 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by AndrewG NY Quote
K-mount or EF-mount?
If it's the HSM version, it'll probably be EF. Otherwise, maybe K-mount.
09-24-2008, 01:24 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 28 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
If it's the HSM version, it'll probably be EF. Otherwise, maybe K-mount.
The box says for Pentax.

09-24-2008, 01:38 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
The box says for Pentax.

Well wouldn't you know it.. I'm feeling mighty stupid now.

Thanks for pointing it out. (although to be fair, there were no pictures of the item when I posted that reply)
09-24-2008, 03:00 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
PM sent for the item.

p.s. Hi, long time no see on the forum
09-24-2008, 08:03 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
PM sent for the item.

p.s. Hi, long time no see on the forum
Sorry I mistaken you with someone else.

Only for US clients.

Good Luck

09-24-2008, 08:06 PM   #8
Veteran Member

You know that I am a verified paypal user right?
09-25-2008, 10:16 AM   #9

Original Poster
HI Roentarre
If Paypal protects me when I sell/shipt to you,, I am all for it. I am just trying to protect myself... Think I almost got taken yesterday,, and then I panacked. I have never sold anything out of country, and the address wasn't verified.
If your address is verified, and Paypal will protect me as a seller,, I have no problem selling to you.
Let me know if you are still interested or have any questions!
Christy
09-25-2008, 01:39 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Christy - I don't really know how it can be of any risk, since he gives you the money via PayPal, and you just ship the lens afterwards. If it ends up at another address, it's his loss, not yours. You still have the money.

Of course, that's really bad practice.

You can also check the buyer/seller's feedback here in the forums.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/feedback.php?u=401 < That's roentarre's feedback. It looks top-notch, to me.
09-25-2008, 03:03 PM   #11
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 73 (100%)
The risk isn't that the item will ship to somebody else's address, but rather that the account is fake, the address is fake, and the buyer stops payment with no reliable means of determining who the buyer actually was.

I've had paypal buyers stop payment. If you've deposited the money from your paypal account into your bank account, paypal will pull the money right back. You could bounce checks, you could never get paid, you could have no legal recourse.

Paypal is not a fair and impartial tribunal. They'll take their money faster than you can blink. If you don't have an address, you have no redress.

I wouldn't normally chime in on these for-sale threads, but peer pressuring a seller into doing something generally dumb (although probably not in the specific case of roentarre), isn't a very cool thing to be doing.

As a seller, I've taken a risk here or there. But it was my decision to take the risk. I did what I was comfortable doing.
09-25-2008, 03:49 PM   #12

Original Poster
Hey thanks Aegon
All I know is that Paypal will not protect me if I ship out of the country to a non-confirmed address. The address is confirmed if the shipping location is the same address as is on the credit card used. It does not mean that they buyer is a fraud,, but it means I am not protected.

Several things can happen even after you are paid... the buyer can say that they never received the item,, or that the box was empty,, or the credit card could be bad,, etc. etc. And Paypal would not protect me as a seller,, which I believe means that they could refund the money and I would be out the money and the product.

I don't know all the ins and outs,, I just know that I can not afford to eat it.

I am really not trying to be difficult. It isn't the good old days,, and you need to protect yourself. Thats it,,, it is a business call,, not a personal thing. I could care less where I ship to,, but I do care about getting paid.

This all started with a 600. lens I am selling on here,,, someone wanted to buy it and have me ship it to Israel,, which I was happy with. But I found out that I wasn't protected because of his address not being confirmed,, so I refunded his paypal payment in full right away,, and explained to him that I just couldn't risk it.

Some people are making me feel awful. Check out the other thread of mine on here for my other lens I am selling.

I am just trying to be honest and protect myself in the process.
Yikes!

Christy
09-26-2008, 10:15 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Hi there, I just read this post. Busy auctioning some wine today for footie tonight

I am still interested since quite a few people are unwilling to sell lenses to me from other threads as well.

I am a verified user and I doubt my account is a fake. Quite a few people know me and one of the moderators here is my high school pal. So you know where to find me anyway. Plus my full name is written in my website and linked to a few more accomplished figures here.

If you are happy with my last PM, please send me the payment request and I will make payment right away.

Please identify who you are in the payment request and the item you are selling since a few sellers had been lying to me for weeks, sending no request to me.

p.s. If you stick around and make yourself known. You will find yourself easy to sell or trade lenses as we all have a reputation to protect here. And you will be surprised how friendly the pentax community is behind the facade of nasty rumour sections...
09-27-2008, 05:45 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 61 (100%)
Knock on wood, other than slow customs offices, I haven't had any problems shipping outside the US. To make sure everybody is protected, one thing you can do is to get insurance on the package so if it does get lost or damaged in transit, nobody loses any money.

HTH,
Heather
09-27-2008, 02:39 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Thanks, Heather.

Maybe I should just look in ebay again.