Feedback Score: 53 (100%)
[SOLD] Sigma 24mm f/2.8 Super-Wide II w/ UV filter, hood, polarizer

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Sigma 24mm f/2.8 Super-Wide II w/ UV filter, hood, polarizer

Asking Price
90 -- Reduced... Now $80 --

Item Description
The Sigma 24mm f/2.8 "Super-Wide II" is a bit of a cult classic, but so will be my *16-50 when I get a good copy of that, so I'm selling this. This lens is very sharp, even wide open, and has great bokeh. The only negative trait it has is a tendency to flare in direct sun (a sigma trait really). By the way, this is the manual focus version of this lens (I'll probably own the AF version someday).

Included: Lens w/ pentax front cap and asahi press on rear cap, 52mm HOYA HMC UV[0] filter, 52mm HOYA screw on rubber hood, 52mm Aragon PL polarizer.

This copy looks a bit beat up, but the optics and mechanical aspects are great. First the bad (all aesthetics really)...
  • The filter ring has a small dent - but filters screw on and off no problem (and the lens comes with a HOYA HMC UV filter and a polarizer).
  • The paint / markings are faded.
  • The rubber trim around the focus ring came off (it's included if you want to try your hand at re-gluing it). This isn't a problem for focusing as the metal focus ring is itself rubber coated and provides plenty of grip.
  • Comes with non original caps.
  • There's some dust inside the lens (as with most lenses)
Now the good...
  • The optics are scratch and mark free.
  • The focus ring is tight, smooth and damp - very nice.
  • A-Mode works nice, and there's an aperture ring if you need one.
  • Aperture blades are clean, dry, snappy.
  • Takes great pictures (well I suppose that depends on the photographer).

More pictures of this lens are available in this gallery. You can look at full size images there for a super close view of the lens.

To see samples taken with this lens go here. (sorry - not full size, but I can send individuals a sample if need be, let me know)

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition
Used
Fair

Item Location
California

Shipping Charge
As necessary

Shipping Services
USPS, others if required.

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Additional Details
Paypal confirmed addresses (or good forum feedback) only please.

ebay BIN Listing is available to those who want to do the ms-cashback thing, but I'll raise the price a bit to cover ebay fees and the added hassle .

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by heliphoto; 11-30-2008 at 09:45 AM.
11-28-2008, 10:42 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Someone's on the line for this lens, but send me a PM if you want to get in line should the deal fall through...(I haven't heard from the interested party in a couple days, but I'll give 'em the benefit of the doubt with the holidays.)

My other items for sale:
11-29-2008, 01:54 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Still Available...

Deals fell through, so this is on the market again...
11-30-2008, 09:55 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
$90 w/ 30% Live Casback = $63 shipped in the US...

Price now $80.

For anyone interested , I'll list it Buy It Now on ebay at $90 with free shipping and after the 30% live cashback, you'll get it for $63 shipped in the US. BTW, I just sold my Sigma 24-60 this way and the buyer got the refund immediately, so in some instances, I guess there's no longer a waiting period.