Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-06-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 65 (100%)
[SOLD] Spotmatic starter kit!!

Hey Everyone!

First the basics:

I prefer paypal but will accept MO if it is a must.

I will ship to USA using USPS priority mail. If you are outside of USA and interested I can give you a quote on shipping.

I would prefer to sell as a bundle, but will be open to individual offers.

Now, the prices:

$60 + $10 shipping for Spotmatic, Soft Case, and Super-Takumar 55/1.8 Sold!

Add $10 for the Quantaray 28/2.8 for (or $20 shipped separately)

Add $10 and I'll throw in the vintage leather case (last photo)

Now, the detailed descriptions:

If you want a nice condition Spotmatic, I've got one waiting for you! Check out the photos, it is in quite nice condition. There are a few scratches on the bottom, but it's been protected well by the nice soft leather case that it has apparently lived in. The only slightly major blemish would be on the top of the prism where the hot shoe accessory had been sitting, which has caused a slight scuff to the finish (I've shot a close up for you to see). The battery cover is also worn significantly from use.

The foam seals look like they are in great condition, as can be seen in the photo showing the shutter seal. The rest that I could see without cracking it open appear to be as nice also. Shutter fires as expected, and at least the slower shutter speeds sound pretty accurate. Unfortunately, I don't have the kind of battery (I'm not even 100% sure what it needs, maybe someone could help me out) to test the lightmeter out, but I would assume it works. If you purchase and determine that it doesn't work, then I'd be happy to offer a refund or if you wanted give a partial refund.

Will include the hot shoe mount accessory and the soft fitted case (excellent condition).

There is also a Super-Takumar 55/1.8 to go along with it. It's in nice condition as well. Glass is clean and clear, not even any significant dusting as is often the case for takumars. Aperture is clean and operates normally. There is one small chip to the barrel (see photo), but other than that it is physically excellent.

The Quantaray 28/2.8 is an M42 mount lens that is in very good physical condition. The glass is clear with no hazing, fungus, or scratches, but does have some noticeable dust in it. Tested on the K200D seemed to perform OK. Not an SMC Takumar 28/3.5, but then again, i'm only asking $10 extra for it

The hard leather case is in good condition, but does show a little wear. If you want it all I would ask is to cover a bit of extra shipping for it.

PM me with interest or reasonable offers!

Last, the photos:

Spottie + 55/1.8

Quantaray 28/2.8:

Vintage Leather Case:

Last edited by arpaagent; 01-18-2009 at 12:10 PM.
01-09-2009, 08:16 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
This camera is in really nice condition and comes with the lovely Super Takumar 55mm f1.8 lens. The soft case is also in excellent condition and still will serve the purpose of keeping the Spotmatic very clean and tidy.

Price is now reduced to $65 + shipping for the basic bundle.

Questions are welcome if you have any.

- Jim
01-16-2009, 12:22 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
That's in pretty damn good nick right ... all these Spotties coming out now ... there was nothing at one point when i was looking.
01-16-2009, 08:11 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Alright, dropping the price a little bit more to spark some interest! Now just $60 plus shipping for the Spottie + Super Tak 55/1.8!