Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2009, 07:43 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 104 (100%)
[SOLD] Vivitar 28mm f2.8 Wide Angle Prime Lens PKA Mount and some Filters

For Sale is one Vivitar 28mm f2.8 Prime Lens in PKA mount.

A very good indoor lens. 28mm is a great focal length for indoor use. F2.8 is good enough for most indoor situations and the "A" setting allows for easy use with a PTTL or low priced Auto Flash.

This lens is in near mint condition. Focus is very smooth and well damped. Aperature ring clicks solidly. Glass is perfect. Multicoating has no defect. No visible dust. No scratches on body. Blades are snappy. Super light weight and very compact.

It's not a Series I or anything, but it does take nice pleasing photos. Has good edge to edge sharpness. Is completely usable at f2.8 although of course it improves at f5.6 like any other lens. It close focuses to about 0.6ft.

It is a manual focus lens, but has the "A" setting allowing you to set aperature in camera and allowing for easy use of a flash. Since it is a wide angle lens, focusing is very easy as the depth of field will cover anything around 7ft and beyond when set at infinity.

This lens does have a tiny pin for the Ricoh P, but I it was designed with the Pentax AF hole in mind. It is a tiny triangular pin which does not catch in the AF hole. I have used this lens with my K100D and my K20D never had even a hint of it snagging. I've actually sold a couple of these lenses before and the other buyers didn't experience any problems either so you can set your mind at ease.

Included are original front cap and generic rear cap.

Sold Asking $40 + shipping

International buyers are welcome, I ship internationally all the time.

Shipping is:

$6 US
$10 Canada or Australia
Please inquire for other international locations.

On a separate note, I also have a few filters available for sale. All of them are scratch free. Some of them are brand new and unused. If the filters come with a case, it is noted as such. Shipping is a flat $3 in the US, $5 to Canada or Australia no matter how many items you buy, so the more you buy, the more you save. They are listed in order of size. If you buy the lens listed above, shipping is free on the filters.

$2 - Telesor 48mm Coated UV filter - Excellent Condition. With original box.

$5 - Hoya 49mm UV filter - Excellent Condition with original case.

$15 - Genuine Pentax 49mm Close-Up Lens #1 - Mint Condition with original case. (Perfect for converting a 50mm to macro use.)

$6 - NEW B+W 55mm neutral density filter x2. Comes in a square padded case. Brand New. Very useful for bokeh shots in bright light when you shutter speed just can't compensate. These are usually very expensive, so best to just get one of these and some step-down rings. Great Deal! You can't find these cheaper. (see picture)

$20 - Hama 77mm Linear Polarizer - Excellent Condition with case. (I removed the little handle to accomadate the hood and don't have it anymore, but it turns very easily and smoothly) (Hama is a German photography company which makes very nice equipment at reasonable prices. (Linear Polarizers work perfectly fine with Pentax Autofocus cameras. I have sold many of them and haven't had any complaints. Plus I have tested them with my own K100d, K10d and K20d never had any problems.) Usually difficult to find at a good price for such large sized polarizers.

Sold $10 – Little Kodak Rangefinder Viewfinder for 35mm and 80mm lenses. It’s cute and comes with its own good condition leather case. (see last picture)

Last edited by Youngster; 01-23-2009 at 02:11 PM.
01-13-2009, 08:01 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 181 (100%)
Hey Yung, is the serial number 09 from Cosina. I have interest, please PM me the overall price with shipping and you know my paypal email, please tempt me as if I have no lens in 28mm, I already have 1 but I love the Cosina lens in the MF ring. I have both Cosina 24mm f/2.8 with A and Cosina 55mm f/1.2 and both are well built although the 24mm is all plastic while the 55mm is metal. Is your 28mm metal or plastic?

In cosmetics, it looks very similar to Cosina 55mm f/1.2. Why are you selling this lens? Are you cutting down on LBA?
01-13-2009, 08:08 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 43 (100%)
Hi, I'd like to buy the Kodak Viewfinder for 35mm and 80mm lenses. Will PM now.

Andy