Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2010, 11:55 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 17 (100%)
[SOLD] Pentax A 35-105mm f3.5 (Worldwide)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax A 35-105mm f3.5

Asking Price
USD150 net

Item Location
Braidwood NSW

Item Description
Here is one of my favourite lenses. The only reason for the sale is that I've finally worked through my denial and succumbed to the fact that Pentax is not going full-frame any time soon, so am buying some DA Ltd glass that I have been coveting for some time.

There is nothing I can say about the A35-105/3.5 that hasn't been covered off in reviews - on the Forum or elsewhere. It really is the zoom, that I have used, that comes closest to a 'pocketful-of-primes'. But don't take my word for it, have a browse of samples littered across the web.

My copy is in good working order (please look at photos for an indication). Cosmetic wear on the body is evident but nothing major. Rings move freely and glass is clear - without scratches, haze, fungus or major dust. The lens will be shipped with both lens caps.

Please do not hesitate to PM me if you have any questions at all or would like to see more photos taken off or by this legendary zoom.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
AUD25 (AUS only). International buyers please contact me for a quote.

Shipping Services
Australia Post - Registered & Insured

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
Happy to refund if the lens is not as described. Return shipping at buyer's expense.

'Other' payment method is cash on pick-up by previous arrangement only

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo     
07-17-2010, 08:15 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 24 (100%)
Are you bloody insane? There's no reason to sell this, ever. Even if Pentax doesn't go FF, you can switch to Canon FF and use this. No DA glass is going to measure up to this in terms of color rendition. Actually, no glass I've used measures up to this, not Canon L series 24-70, not Angenieux, not DAs, not Voigtlanders, not my Vivitar Series 1 90mm macro (Bokina), nothing. Maybe Leica as I've yet to try that.

These are currently under rated and under valued, I see no reason for this not to go way up once more people discover how truly amazing this lens is. DA lenses will always drop in value, lenses like this likely never will.
07-17-2010, 10:08 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by hangu Quote
Are you bloody insane? There's no reason to sell this, ever. Even if Pentax doesn't go FF, you can switch to Canon FF and use this. No DA glass is going to measure up to this in terms of color rendition. Actually, no glass I've used measures up to this, not Canon L series 24-70, not Angenieux, not DAs, not Voigtlanders, not my Vivitar Series 1 90mm macro (Bokina), nothing. Maybe Leica as I've yet to try that.

These are currently under rated and under valued, I see no reason for this not to go way up once more people discover how truly amazing this lens is. DA lenses will always drop in value, lenses like this likely never will.
I second that, having owned one for a while. This is the only lens that I can compare to the FA Ltds.

If only I was not so lazy in using MF...
07-17-2010, 12:24 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 61 (100%)
Huh! Except for the shipping cost, I'd buy it --and I already have one!

07-17-2010, 01:26 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
You heard them! I'm insane... And my loss (of a bunch of marbles) is your gain. So get it while you can.

Please note that first in line when I acclimatise to my new medication and begin to experience seller's remorse is EsBee and Hangu. The latter being responsible for busting my bubble on Pentax never going full frame in the first place Just so you all have it on record who was responsible for my decline

Bottom line, folks:
1. this zoom is a thing of beauty and you will not be disappointed with its IQ or build quality, and
2. hangu is a great, albeit very passionate, Pentaxian.
However, contrary to his better judgement (and I do highly value his opinion) I remain committed....to the sale.

Looking forward to a couple more PMs from buyers.
NB: As per dadipentak's concerns - for international buyers outside the Promised Land Down Under - we can certainly negotiate price a little to absorb some of those higher postage costs and Paypal fees. Or better still put a 'legendary lens' bundle together...and include the K28/3.5 I'm also stupid enough to sell. It all starts with the "Hey I'm interested PM".
07-17-2010, 02:16 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 24 (100%)
There'd better be mounting medical bills, kidnappers demanding a ransom or loan sharks threatening to break your knee cap.

Not many other reason to sell this lens in my opinion.
07-17-2010, 03:04 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
QuoteOriginally posted by hangu Quote
There'd better be mounting medical bills, kidnappers demanding a ransom or loan sharks threatening to break your knee cap.

Not many other reason to sell this lens in my opinion.
Yeah, I've owned one of these too, a very very good, quality zoom. I've also owned the "larger" A28/135.
Funny isn't it....you'd think items like this would be snapped up immediately.....anyway if you're "dithering"!!.....Buy it, sometimes these things can be hard to find when you want them!
Cheers, Pickles.

07-17-2010, 07:19 PM   #8

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Registering interest. I'll have to check over my weekly finances and get back to you. I'm located on the Gold Coast so shipping interstate would definitely be less of a pain then internationally.
07-18-2010, 01:22 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Guys, if it's any consolation I know what it's like. It took me ages to find a decent copy of this lens...and even harder to locate one closer to home.

Intric8 - yeah the shipping is OK in AUS, but a stretch for some international folks....though it's just a reversal of the trauma us Aussie feel most days....and then compound that with our exchange rate Anyway, hope to hear from you soon.

BTW: All other PMs replied.

---------- Post added 07-18-10 at 06:25 PM ----------

For US folks, the math looks a little something like this:

AUD172.20 (USD150 - lens) +
AUD69.35 (postage - registered and insured) +
AUD8.20 (Paypal fee 3.4% + AUD0.30)
= AUD249.75.
= USD217.41

I cannot help with the shipping or Paypal fees, but am willing to negotiate a little on price to subsidise the international voyage.
07-18-2010, 12:20 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
SOLD! to bhairavp